April 20, 2014 | 1409 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Allure Fatale 71

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by sultryvoice

I love this lipstick. The shade is a purple-based deep berry on my lips. Definitely an everyday shade on my mocha bronze complexion. The texture is creamy and comfortable, and the pigment is great. Can this shade be duped? Yes it can. But, it wouldn't be Chanel then, would it?

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2012 8:22:00 AM More reviews by Greyian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really love the colour, it looks dark but when it's put on it becomes cherry red. And it doesn't dry my lips the way many lipsticks do. The package is really nice too. The only thing that annoys me about this lipstick is that there isn't a lot of it. The size of the lipstick itself is only about half the length of the black case, and since it's an expensive lipstick I think it should at least be of a normal size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by FlameDancer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have finally found my red lipstick. This shade is a perfect medium red with subtle violet and grey tones that keep it as demure and tasteful as red lipstick can be. I believe it's the shade that they use in Chanel's ultra-sexy Julie Ordon ad for the Rouge Allure lipstick line. If not, it looks just like it.

I've tried dozens of red shades, high and low end. Rouge Allure in Fatale is my first Chanel lipstick, and it's the first true red that has really flattered my very pale, pinkish skin tone. I imagine this shade would work on most skin tones, because it's just barely perceptibly greyed down, which keeps it from bringing out the red and yellow tones in my skin or going fuchsia, pink or brown. It's easily wearable and not garish at all for day or night.

The formula is exquisite, too. It glides on perfectly smoothly, and never slips into the lines and cracks. It's whisper light, so you don't have a lot of product on your lips, though the color is rich. I haven't used a pencil with this, and it still looks perfect. Something about this shade and formula makes my mouth look perfectly pouty and full. There's no chalkiness, no dreaded shimmer; it's a perfect satin texture with a natural looking shine. As it wears off, it just becomes less intense until it's gone without caking into the lines of my lips.

The packaging is exquisite, and because it's encased in this indestructible black plastic, it doesn't get scratched up in my purse. The click mechanism makes it really unlikely for the cap to fall off in there, too. It's also fully enclosed, unlike some types of cases, so it can't get any loose gunk in it.

This is my first Chanel lipstick, and although it's hideously expensive, it's the perfect red lipstick. It's far less expensive to go with the thing that really works, and stop fooling around, buying several cheaper lipsticks trying to find the right one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the absolute red lipstick for me. I love RA Laque Dragon, but Fatale is even better, since I can pull it off in the morning, also. The color description below is accurate; a deep cherry. Not fuchsia, not orange, not too blue-based, no brown undertones. I have very light skin, dark hair and green eyes and this is one of few red lipsticks that look elegant on me. Lasting power is great and it leaves a lovely stain behind, which makes my lips look "bitten" and definitely fuller! Without being particularly hydrating, it isn't drying at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 3:18:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Totally agree with 'aygur'. It looked really bad on me. Too dark for my liking. Not to mention, it really drained the water out of my lips making them look horrifyingly dry and chapped. However, the lipgloss version (surprisingly) was lighter and looked fantastic on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by curlyhead

This lipstick is my absolute favourite! I have dark hair and eyes and medium/fair skin. I was looking for a nice red for a very long time and after spending a ridiculous amount of money on many lipsticks I never ended up liking I decided to visit Chanel. The lady behind the counter immediately pulled this one out and, at first, I was really skeptical because it looked so dark on me but my husband (who doesn't even like lipstick on me) said it looked really nice so I forked over the $38CAD for it. And now I LOVE it! I can finally DO red. It's dark but somehow looks really natural on me (whereas whenever I wore another red it always looked a bit off, either too orange or too pink). During the day I put a tiny bit and spread with my fingers to get a beautiful stain that lasts for a while and when I go out I put it on darker for a beautiful deep cherry red colour. This lipstick feels like a sheer lipstick in the way that it doesn't feel pasty or thick..it just adds a ton of pigment to the lips. It lasts for hours, especially if I pair it with vamp (chanel) lipliner. It was totally worth the money, and I will definitely buy again (though it's so pigmented that a little goes a long way and I suspect this will last me forever).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by mskilicious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I concur with the shade description below: buildable deep cherry red, but totally wearable for day or evening. Not overly vampy. Doesn't fade on my lips to fuschia (as a lot of reds do) but stays true. Wears reasonably evenly. This is definitely a matte RA in comparison to others I have, certainly feels drier on the lips - but not uncomfortably so. I've been spoilt by Chantecaille l/s though so my expectations are very high... Plus, the drier texture means there's no chance of this one bleeding unless you really pack it on.

Although I understand this shade was released for Spring, I definitely consider a red like this more appropriate to the cooler months. I think I'll be getting a lot of wear out of it over the festive season.

4 stars - loses one star for not being as moisturising as I'd like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2009 9:09:00 AM More reviews by tijanarm

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample card with 4 new spring RA colours from Chanel and once again, was surprised how the colour I least expected to like (just by looking at it on the sample card) is actually the colour I ended up liking the best on my lips! Knowing how RA colours tend to look different on lips vs. in the stick, I was adamant about testing all 4 and this is the one I fell in love with.
I will not describe the texture of RA, as if you know this series of lipsticks, you know what to expect. In one of my other reviews I said that every girl should own at least one RA and I stand by that claim - RA lipsticks are pure heaven for lips.
I am not an expert in describing shades beyond your basics, so bear with me. On me, Fatale is a gorgeous deep cherry red. Since I've been applying it from the sample card vs. from the actual lipstick, I didn't use the included brush but I dabbed it on with a finger (I tend to apply a lot of lipsticks this way anyhow). Once I applied - wow!!!! This turned my lips into gorgeous cherry-stained pout. And when I say "cherry-stained" I don't mean purple of fuschia tones on your lips, this is truly deep red cherry that as a kid I used to get after eating a basket full of cherries. If anything, this leans more towards browney-red vs. purply-red (but I don't want you to get the impression that this is a brown colour in any way). In the stick this definitely looks a lot darker than it is on the lips, so don't let that deter you from trying this colour.
The finish seems to be more on the matte side of RA spectrum, but maybe that's because I dabbed this on with a finger as opposed to putting it on directly from the tube. It will be interesting to see how intense this can get by applying it directly from the tube, for me I think the best application will be to continue with finger-dabbing.
For me, this is a must-have!!!! Gorgeous, gorgeous deep red shade!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No