August 1, 2014 | 1280 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Miss Dior Cherie L'eau

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by loisgreener

Much too citrus y for my tastes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by saygrace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I really love this perfume! It's so feminine and light and classy. It's a bit expensive, though, but smell lasts long, especially when sprayed on clothes. Also, the smell of the bottle is already pretty strong so I put the perfume inside my closet and every time I open my closet, I get a whiff of this stuff. The smell also manages to stick on my clothes so I love that fact that sometimes I don't even have to spray it to smell it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 10:40:00 AM More reviews by JanM

I was mooching around my local department store and decided to have a spritz of this, I had vague recollections of this scent being a bit on the strong side and a bit "oh no another generic slightly peachy perfume aimed at the young ones". And on first smell it lived up to what I had half-remembered and I moved on and got on with my day.
Of course I had only half-remembered because I hadn't clocked onto the fact that this was Miss Dior Cherie L'eau, and this delightful fragrance snuck up on me in a beautifully soft and yes a bit more peachy and fruity than I would normally go for way, but you know what? it is mid March, spring is in the air and this is a perfect nod to a warmer, sunnier season and I am going to purchase this.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I was curious about this perfume because of the cute packaging and the good reviews on here. This definitely smells better than the original Dior Miss Cherie (I hated that one). It's lighter and more wearable on a day to day basis. However, I'm not in love with it. Yes, it is a unique scent, but it reminds me of the detergent I use to wash my clothes. So although I'm not rushing to wash this scent off, it doesn't really convince me to go out there to buy a full bottle. I highly recommend trying a sample before purchasing it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 3:13:00 PM More reviews by stls

This little gem really isn't a complicated scent, just simple and beautiful like a plain white summer dress. But that's the beauty here. Sometimes ''less is more'' indeed.
Bitter orange combined with gardenia creates a clean, fresh perfume. Quite girly, like cool spring air... The musk provides more depth and sophistication.
Makes me think of sunny spring days, lifts my mood and it's very wearable.
I finder its bittersweet quality very awakening and refreshing, most fragrances out there seem to be too sweet (including the original Miss Dior Cherie)
The bottle is also classy and cute, can't get enough of this perfume!
My only complain is that it doesn't last long...

Update: Unfortunately Dior is discontinuing this one, at least in Europe,... It's replaced by ''Miss Dior Cherie Eau Fraiche'' according to the official website. They have similar structure but different notes. The new one contains bergamot, gardenia and patchouli instead of orange, gardenia and musk.
Today I bought an 100ml bottle as a backup.
Thank you Dior for taking my favorite summer fragrance away after only three years in the market! Such a shame!

Second update: I sampled Eau Fraiche today. According to Christan Dior official website ''Created by François Demachy, Miss Dior Eau Fraîche is a chic veil of freshness with a chypre signature underscored by the addition of Indonesian Patchouli.

A delicate blend of Calabrian Bergamot and vibrant Gardenia highlighted by fresh and luminous Indonesian Patchouli, Miss Dior Eau Fraiche is a sunny, springlike and eternally elegant scent.''

Sounds very appealing, I have to admit. But it's not L'eau. They smell similar at first (citrucy gardenia on me) and they remain close, but not identical till the dry down- because of the gardenia they have in common. But after a certain point they smell totally different (patchouli instead of musk here) Silage and longevity are approximately the same. Also the liquid now is light pink/peach instead of green.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by lilyorchid

I'm one of those people that detests the original Miss Dior Cherie. I'm very sensitive to scents, so a perfume must not only be pleasant to me but also subtle. Miss Dior Cherie seemed too bitter and old-smelling (not like old ladies but more like musky dust on my skin), so it was definitely not the girly-fresh scent it tries to present itself as in the lovely commercials. Not on my skin, at least. Miss Dior Cherie L'EAU, on the other hand, is just that. Fresh, girly, and very subtle. I'd describe this as a green, floral, citrusy-scent. I definitely smell a bit of orange and gardenia in it. There are just some perfumes you instantly connect with, and this is one of them for me.Yes, it doesn't last long, and for $85, that's just unacceptable. I took a lippie off for that reason alone. However, I adore the scent and it's one of the very few that I can tolerate. For some reason, this smells heavenly on my skin and dries down very pleasantly.

All in all, this perfume is perfect for the springtime and the bottle is just so very pretty. Definitely HG perfume for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Jake84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this better than the original Miss Dior Cherie. This version is more light and citrus based, very soft and feminine. Doesn't last too long though which is disappointing considering the price, but it is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

One of my favorite perfumes! It's not the most strong or womanly scent, but I personally think light, refreshing scents can be sexy. And this perfume just smells gorgeous. Even its bottle is pretty. I would totally purchase this again or buy it as a gift.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by lunastella3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is lovely! But I was expecting more. Don´t get me wrong, I like it. But when I got a sample I fell totally in love with it, so a soon as I could I bought the big bottle. And, well, it´s still great but I guess I love the opening and not so much the drydown. I find it citrus (orange) and fresh, femenine but not too girly. It´s sweet but I guess it´s not as sexy or as femenine or as complicated as I like them. On the other hand, a litlle goes a long way because the staying power is quite good. I use 6 spritz and usually it lasts the whole day (I have 8 am to 1 am days). I also love the cute bottle with the bow. I guess I love the bottle more than I love the scent. I would´nt repurchase because I´m always searching for new fragances but I recommend it for the summer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 2:04:00 PM More reviews by pansylady

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This fragrance is my Holy Grail- it is number one on my Christmas wish list!

In Miss Dior Cherie L'Eau, gardenia is wedded to bitter orange, creating the most refreshing and enchanting fragrance. This is the least cloying take on this heady tropical white flower that I have yet come across-