Chanel Monte-Carlo Aqualumiere Sheer Colour Lipshine #92

4.7

on 9/6/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the prettiest Aqualumieres I have--it is a beautiful warm pink with gold overwash. The consistency is perfect, sheerness is perfect--I do love the Aqualumieres. I am a lipstick junkie and this one lands in my top ten for sure, maybe even in my top five. Respectfully submitted, colormepink

on 7/2/2009 6:30:00 AM

Had this put on me by Chanel lady in Japanese dept store, loved it. I'm very pale & cool-toned, and never thought anything remotely corally or orangey would work on my pigmented lips, but she applied it with a lip brush OVER the Wish Glossimer (pale blue sparkle) and I was in awe of how gorgeous my lips looked. I ended up tuning most of her sales pitch out looking in the mirror admiring it! On me it seemed more pink than anything, but a very nice, natural YLBB shade... that was of course way too glossy to actually BE my lips, but at any rate, it looked fantastic!

on 6/25/2009 6:20:00 AM

I have fallen hard for Chanel Aqualumieres, in the space of a week I bought Monte Carlo, Panarea, Salina, Como, Lipari and then 2 backups of Monte Carlo. I bought all of these sight unseen and I couldnt be happier. The texture is divine, really moisturising and they leave a lovely sheen. I have put all other lipsticks away (apart from Nars Falbala - a lovely MLBB rose with a hint of bronze) and am only using these now and I love the fact they are unscented.

Monte-Carlo is a beautiful coral-pink-peach with the most gorgeous gold sheen not frost or glitter, the sheen can be toned down with a dab of lipbalm or gloss. It's like Candy Glow Aqualumiere gloss in lipstick form. I also bought In Love JC like the other reviewers of this product and it all pulls beautifully together. As I said I bought 2 backups of this as it's ltd ed. I really love MAC and Nars cosmetics too but Chanel really stands alone in a lot of it's products. Whoever designs and creates Chanel makeup really knows what there doing. I keep looking to see what other shades I can splash out on. I know they are crazy expensive but to me they are completely worth it.

on 5/29/2009 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A perfect coral/peach with golden shimmer. I also use it with In love blush and it looks really summery. Suits my very fair skin tone.

on 4/24/2009 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

gorgeous pinky-coral shade loaded with golden shimmer....yet somehow it's not over the top frosty just has a gorgeous golden sheen to it..like the previous reviewer I purchased Monte-Carlo and In Love blush at the same time...and they are a match made in heaven...they will be perfect this summer for a face-brightening combination, but I actually wore this on Easter Sunday and it was a pretty early spring look with my fair complexion. At first sight, Monte-Carlo looked a little too "Grandma in South Beach" coral, but it truly is so flattering and pretty on. and In Love blush is practically the same shade in blush form. I believe I also purchased the last Monte-Carlo at my local counter....run and get this quickly if you think you might like it....and if you happen to miss out, try Libertine Rouge Allure for a similar shade.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I'm really surprised that I am the first to review Monte-Carlo after all the hype it's been getting on the boards. I don't know what's happening to me but before I would never ever spend $28 and change on a lipstick before...EVER. I saw pics of the new Chanel Summer 2009 collection and I knew that I would have to see it in person. All of the corals and bronzes in the collection drew me in. I ended up picking up In Love JC and Monte-Carlo. I love both and together they are stunning. I'm no Chanel expert or anything as the only Chanel products I ever owned have been the DPF (double perfection foundation which is HG) and a couple of glossimers but I'm slowly learning why Chanel gets so many raves. I really really like Monte-Carlo. It's a corally pink with a gold sheen. The gold sheen is not too frosty. This screams summer to me and I can't wait to wear it with cute sandals and tank tops along with my In Love JC. I was fortunate to get the last one at my counter so go get it while it's still available.

Popular Lipsticks