October 23, 2014 | 846 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Rebalance Dryness Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by scheda

I was really excited to try this product, as I had a good experience at a local spa w/ a jurlique facial. I thought, compared to the price of the full size products, this was well priced kit. i have been using it for approx 3 wks. i have sensitive combo-dry skin.

I really like the cleanser. I had been using philosophy purity w/ my clarisonic, and i like the replenishing cleanser much better. it doesn't dry out my skin at all. my skin feels cleeeean.

The toner is nothing special. there is no lavender in the ingredients?!? my skin feels better w/ regular hydrosols as toners

I think the herbal recover gel is ok. it is quite mattifying, and really dries out my skin. it does contain a LOT of alcohol - which is probably why my skin dries out. I'm not sure if it is really doing anything for my skin? I do want to try the soothing herbal recovery gel, as it contains no alcohol, BUT the amount of sichuan peppercorn extract is not appealing

The daily exfoliating cream is crap. i get better results w/ my own mix of almond powder, oat flour, and sugar.

the moisturizer is quite heavy - and contains no sunscreen. it makes a good night time cream.

in general i love the cleanser and the moisturizer. i ordered this from sephora, and i wondered if it had been sitting in a non-climate controlled warehouse for sometime, because the scents seemed off. i would like to try the other cleansers and moisturizers in this line, and perhaps the soothing HRG, but other than that, this stuff was crap. big disappointment considering the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 4:08:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always wanted to try Jurlique products but found them to be too expensive. I found the Rebalancing Dryness "trial" kit from Sephora at $52 and decided to give it a try.

Packaging : 5 products in a Cute "egg carton"

1. Replenishing Foaming Cleanser:
It didn't foam up that much, and feels more like a light gel. The floral scent was a bit strong but it didn't bother me much. As far as cleansing goes, it does okay job in removing makeup. My skin didn't feel tight after which is something I like ;)

2. Daily Exfoliating Cream
This was supposed to be a daily non-granular exfoliating cream which lift away dead skins cells.
As far as using it, I only used it twice per week. Although my skin feels a little bit more radiant immediately after it, it didn't seem to make a dramatic differences.

3. Lavender Hydrating Mist
This is probably my fav. product in the whole kit. I like the pumping bottle with the light floral mist.

4. Herbal Recovery Gel
Feels very light and absorb really well but cannot be used as a stand alone product. You will need a moisturzer after this. Also has a very strong floral scent.

5. Moisture Replenishing Day Cream
This is a very heavy cream moisturizer . Although my skin didn't feel tight after using it and it absorbs well, it also didn't prevent me from drying out ? So, I'm not sure about this.

I gave this kit 3 lippie because I felt the products was average. They may have a great line for sensitive skin, but this dryness kit was only okay in my opinion. With the expensive price tag of the individual products, I am definitely glad that I tried the kit first because I will probably not buy the full size products.