December 18, 2014 | 1717 users online

BB Cream - Skin79 - dermaRX BB Cream [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2011 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Bchow1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is another one of my favorite BB Creams (tried and own about 25 of them). when it first comes out of the tube, its has a greyish tone to it, but once applied onto the face and blended in, the grey is no longer there. At the moment, I'm around NC30 and it suits my skin tone very well. I swear it makes my pores absolutely invisible. I do set this with a powder and its pretty decent for oil as well (blotted once throughout the work day). Not sure what I'm going to do when I finish this since it is d/c'd!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by kmak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a NC25

Like the others said, when you first see the colour of the bb cream from the tube, it is really greyish, and myself, I am fairly fair. So I was surprised that it actually blended well onto my skin.
It is no foundation by any means, I used it mostly for a make up base, and it does have great oil control and moisture control.. I tend to be dry on the cheeks and oily on my forehead. It worked great.
I don't think there was any distinctive smell. It was kinda odorless.
It's too bad they discontinued it though. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:41:00 AM More reviews by amwong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm an NC30 and I bought this on ebay for CDN$12.

Like another reviewer said, this comes out of the tube a shockingly GREY color so I was super worried that I would end up looking ashy and sick. Surprisingly, it turned out ok so long as you blend it well into your skin. It didn't provide full coverage by any means and it wasn't like a primer, i.e. it doesn't fill in any acne scars so that your skin looks smooth. But it is a decent enough foundation.

I didn't notice any scent in particular but i will say that my favourite thing about this BB cream is its oil control. It is truly amazing!! I've tried about 3 different BB creams so far and this one was probably the best in terms of being mattifying. I have combo skin with a horribly shiny T-zone so I usually have to blot every 3 hours just to avoid looking like an oil spill. This looked matte around lunchtime and I didn't have to blot until maybe 3 p.m., which was about 6-7 hours after I put on my makeup that morning.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2009 11:37:00 AM More reviews by laru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Me: Asian NC30-35

This is my first BB cream, so I can't compare it to other BB creams. From my understanding, BB creams are pretty much synonymous with tinted moisturizers, but they are touted as having a whole host of beneficial properties. That said, even though they may have plenty of healing/rejuvenating properties, they aren't skincare and still need to be removed at the end of the day (like a light foundation).

Now onto Derma RX: I researched a whole bunch of online blogs before finally deciding on Derma RX (it came down to this or Missha Watery) because of its noticeably darker tone. Most BB creams come in only one (or maybe 2 at most) shade, and these shades are generally very, very light. They claim to magically adjust to your skintone but frankly, I don't buy it and I don't want to look like someone with makeup five jillion shades lighter than my skin. I'd heard Missha Watery was too sheer so Derma RX it was.

When I first squeezed it out the tube, I was appalled. It was SO grey and just....so grey. I had never seen face makeup that color before. It seemed simultaneously too light and too dark all at once. In my mind, a little voice was saying 'See, this is why you don't buy things online, untested!' But since the money was already spent, I spread some on my face. And yes, it did not seem to match my skin. But I persevered, I smoothed it on with my fingers, sheering it out and lo and behold, it really DID blend seamlessly into my skin. I was amazed. My faced looked luminous, as if lit from within, something that it has NEVER looked like. I saw my mother later that day and she (whose only comments on makeup are 'You're wearing too much') remarked that my skin looked great. And there you have it.
NOTE** If you have anything that you need to cover up, you WILL need an additional concealer. This luminizes and makes my non-problem skin flawless looking, but I have a pinkish scar from an accident and still needed concealer for that.

As for the technical details: it comes in a flat silver squeeze tube and comes out feeling somewhat like a gel. The scent is mildly tea tree oil-like, but it is inoffensive and dissipates quickly. There is a slight cooling sensation upon application (could just be the effect of applying any liquid to face), but this also fades fast. Derma RX goes on matte (but a natural matte, not flat), feels weightless, and becomes slightly dewy come evening. I have combo-dry skin and it lasted fairly well on me.

Would I repurchase? I'm not sure. It's a good product and makes my skin look great, but it's somewhat of a hassle to apply. You almost have to buff it into your skin, and I try not to fuss too much with my makeup, so that's sort of a pain for me. I checked that I would repurchase though because I like it right now, but it's not a HG and I'll still be on the lookout for other BB creams.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 10:12:00 PM More reviews by cherri82crystal

I've used this product for quite a bit. The shade is a light-medium shade, lighter than medium, which is just perfect for me. The coverage is sheer, but it does fade the redness. Another thing i liked was the smell...which was sort of a green teaish smell....really soothing. It's also brigthens/whitens your skin. Packaging was really nice too except that it was some english typos...The price i got it for was $15....which i think is good as it also sells for $27. Overall i really like this product and would buy it again :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by MoiBelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a generous amount of sample of this from my great friend from Thailand. The consistency is just right, not so thick nor runny and somewhat easy to spread onto the skin, the color from the tub seem to be perfect-warm beige, I thought it would be perfect for my medium dark skin tone. But, well not really, it is not bad but it is still not the right shade for me as the color turn a bit light grey beige on my skin. Also, it is not so moisturizing so it kinda settles onto my pores. I'm not sure if this is for oily skin, if so, then I think I must get the one for very dry skin.