October 2, 2014 | 961 users online

Styling Products - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Hi-Shine Styling Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by Adeortiz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I heard about this product on the radio during a segment they have for great products recommended by listeners. I have fine, flat hair that looks like it is thinning at the scalp. I was very self conscious about how much of my scalp could be seen. When I heard about this I thought I'd give it a try. This stuff is Fabulous! It made my hair feel fuller, more control when styling and has really conditioned my hair. It seems like my hair is starting to grow out better. This stuff is really affordable and goes a long way. I've tried so many different shampoos and conditioners for flat thinning hair and spent way more with no results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Anista

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

The best hair gel ever! It did wonder on my dry and frizzy blond curls - it helps to keep them in perfect shape without making stiff or dry. Really adds shine too! Will definitely buy again.
I wouldn't worry about an alcohol in it, it's natural fatty alcohol which acts as emollient (thick or semi-thick syrup-like liquid).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Product_Junkie

Ordered this gel recently, but I am not sure if I will repurchase; I am kind of undecided. One thing is, this gel has been better than most others.
Pros:+affordable; +provides firm hold:; +doesn't dry out hair; +adds texture and shine; +gets rid of frizz; +contains panthenol and flax; +does not leave buildup; +does not make hair rough or crunchy.

Cons:-the scent (but it goes away after a while-its like a fake berry scent); -a little sticky in texture; my curls were a little stringy the next day;-contains alcohol

Overall: Since I've used this gel once so far, I will update further on whether I will r/p or not. I will use this gel in conjuction with my homemade Flax seed gel;maybe then I will have better results. As mentioned above, this is FAR better than other d/s and salon gels in that it does what it claims, however, if my hair continues to be stringy with JHSG, I will probably start using mousse in conjuction with flax seed gel. Not too shabby a product at all though--I found this a heck of a lot better than alfa parf'semi di lino gel; although it contains flax, it dried my hair out terribly and the scent was unbearable. UPDATE: Still giving this gel 5 lippies, but I don't think I will r/p--I will just stick to my homemade flax seed gel.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 8:14:00 AM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this after deciding to wean myself off of the VS hair gel due to all of the chemicals that it has in it, and wanted something a little more natural. Unfortunately, I didn't check cosmeticdatabase first before buying this, as this gets a hazard rating of 7 (7-10 is high hazard), and this gel basically has many of the same chemicals I was trying to avoid!

As a gel, it worked okay. I used a small amount rubbed between my palms and then I worked it through my wet hair, then I would blow dry. My hair came out looking okay with added shine, light hold. Smells like cucumbers. However, the whole point of me buying this was to go more natural, and since this product isn't, I switched to the Aubrey Organics B5 gel. I guess you just really have to do your homework, since a lot of the 'natural' products aren't as natural as they would like to have people think.

This cost $5 at vitacost, and I think it's more like $9 at Whole Foods.

Ingredients: Aqua (Purified Water), Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Methacryloyl Ethyl Betatine/Acrylates Copolymer, Alcohol, Panthenol (Vitamin B) Equisetum Arbense (Horsetail) Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Flaxseed-Protein) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis (Marigold) Flower Extract, Scutellaria Galericulata (Scull Cap) Extract Carbomer, Potassium Hydroxide, Polysorbate-20, Vegetable Glycerin, Oxybenzone, Triticum Vulgare (Hydrolyzed Wheat) Protein, Beg-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl urea, Methylparaben, fragrance