August 30, 2014 | 1127 users online

Bronzers - Rimmel - Sun Shimmer Shimmering Maxi Bronzer (ALL)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my new bronzer i have brought it twice in the past two years. it lasts forever. personally im glad it matted as only like my lips shining. but the more and more i carry it around it just soooo big i barely take it with me. which make for hard to retouch throughout the day.

but it stays put. But because i hate the package i'm going to have to find something smaller.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pros:
-I will never have to repurchase.. It's HUGE
-bought this for $4.50 Canadian, super cheap
-goes on lovely
-underneath the top layer, it is matte which i love
-hasn't caused me break outs
-pigmented , don't need much product to achieve look I am going for

Cons:
-I wasn't crazy about the shimmery top layer (I bought "sun dance ")
-too large to carry in purse

LOVE THIS BRONZER !!! It's wonderful

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by makeupcam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a huge fan of everything that glitters or shine, so when i saw that «shimmering maxi bronzer» at the drugstore, i decides to try it.

This bronzer disapointed me because there's only glitter on the top layer of it... after 5 or 6 uses, the product become dark and matte, which is not what i wanted. The package is large and flat (not easy to carry) and the product breaks up very easily

However, it last a long time on your face and can be used for contouring. A pro of this product is the big amount you get for 10$

I'm gonna finish it, but not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I initially bought this one because it's great value - 17g of bronzer for $10 CAD, but I have really fallen in love with it. I'm on my third bronzer in 002 Sun Love, which I find is the darkest out of the three shades. I wear bronzer, instead of blush, every day to subtly contour my face. This one has good colour, coverage, and texture. It never looks streaky or orange, just a natural tan. My friends always comment on how I have a nice tan all year round. The lasting power on this one isn't great; I usually have to re-apply in 4 hours. I have fairly sensitive skin, which has not reacted to this product.

My biggest pet peeve with this bronzer is the packaging, for which I'm taking a lippie off. The case is enormous and flat, making it not the easiest to carry. If the case falls on the floor or hits a hard surface, then the product easily breaks into a million pieces. Out of the three cases that I've owned so far, two have fallen apart like that. If only the packaging was a bit smaller and deeper... Nevertheless, it's a great everyday bronzer. Just be careful with the case.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

The two stars I'm giving this product are for the packaging -- a normal plastic compact instead of the knockoff-stage-makeup-looking tubs Rimmel often uses, which usually break if you look at them wrong -- and the amount of product for the price, which is massive. However, it's hard to tell what kind of colour you're buying, since they call it "Sun Shimmer" and the top layer is indeed very shimmery.. but after several uses, the shimmer is all worn off and the actual product is a very different, darker matte shade. Not at all what I thought I was getting, and I don't see why they're selling this with a sprayed-on layer of totally different product on top. Lame.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2013 6:08:00 PM More reviews by traceyjoy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was in Walmart looking for a random bronzer and decided to pick this one up. The first time I applied this, I thought it made me look very orange. I did try it again, but this time with less product and it turned out fine. The only thing I advise you to do is to use just a little! Over doing it just gives you an orangey look and it doesn't look flattering. This product has 0.59 oz/17 g. I have a feeling it will last me a while! I will definitely repurchase if I ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 4:41:00 PM More reviews by smiley8281

Love this bronzer. You get so much product. This would be my 3rd repurchase. I Like the shade Sun Queen 003.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:16:00 AM More reviews by kuteazabutton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use "Sun Love' and love this bronzer! 1. because its great coverage to build up from your foundation, 2. it really is maxi, its a large circular bronzer a lot bigger than the original rimmel bronzers! 3. its a great shade not too dark for my medium tone and not too light to be a complete waste! its perfect. It doesnt have any shimmer at all, though i wish it had a bit, i used to use "Sun Dance" which had shimmer, but Sun Love is a great matte bronzer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2012 12:06:00 AM More reviews by tubbyloves

This was one of my first bronzers and it is a great value for the price. With a whooping 17g of product, for anyone who uses bronzer everyday, this is a steal.
I have this in 003 sun queen and it was the only one that would work well with warm undertone light-medium skin tones.
This bronzer had a gold shimmer overlay, however it is not throughout the product and on remains on the first initial layer of product. I don't like shimmery bronzers, so this work out very well.
The product is not completely matte, as there are a few fine shimmers here and there in the product, however on the skin it is completely undetectable. It is a great semi matte power that is soft and not chalky.
It is easy to build colour and I use this as a bronzer and as a shading contour powder to my face. I would recommend to those on a tight budget, who want a lot of product, otherwise this is very difficult to finish this unless you use it daily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ljoseph29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this bronzer because it had a golden shimmering effect! I used it everyday until I noticed the glitters disappeared. I was sadly disappointed because it gave me a nice highlight on my cheeks and that was the main reason I bought this product. It now sits in my makeup drawer unused. Don't buy this product for the shimmer because it disappears.