October 31, 2014 | 1451 users online

Blush - MAC - Beauty Powder in Summer Rose

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by bows89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this blush for free from a friend who has a beauty blog and I'm glad I got it for free. My problems with the product aren't the fault of the product, it's just wrong for me.I really like the colour and find it to give a subtle glow and it's definitely build-able. My problem with it is that it has quite a bit of shimmer, which doesn't work well with the acne scars and occasional spots I have on my cheeks. The level of shimmer in it makes it more of a highlighter, but it shows up slightly too pink on my skin to be used as a highlighter. I think this would be stunning on someone with a much darker complexion used as a highlighter. It would make a great blush on someone who has already great skin but is just looking for a glow. This would likely work well for women with more mature skin who want a bit of a glow from their blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've never been a huge blush person, but this blush is my favorite. I love the design and the color is great. I'm very fair skinned and this looked very "sun kissed" on me which is great. I don't really like heavy pigmented blushes because I am so fair, it would just make me look like a clown.
The texture is very smooth and it applied smoothly as well. I didn't try to build it and left on a thin layer. I'm sure if you build this blush you'll get much more color but if you just want a nice hint of color, this is perfect for that.
I also didn't want to destroy the beautiful rose design, so I was very careful.
Great product and didn't disappoint.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by bbluvsmac

i bought this at a cco because it was cheap and the pretty rose on top and it is pretty on my skin but if i ever run out and they repromote this i probly wont buy it agian. :]

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by NerdyGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product mostly for the cute rose design on it (A Rose Romance Collex release). I'm rather fair skinned and it still barely shows on my skin. It does give a pretty color, but I wish it was just a little more pigmented than it is. I wouldn't buy this product again because I honestly feel I'll never finish the one I have.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by hollysue1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this. I have this and shell pearl from liberty of london, and this one is definitely my favorite. I wasn't expecting it but it looks so beautiful on my nw20 skin. more natural that the pinky pinks I usually wear. Summer rose has slowly taken over and become my every day blush. People have complained about the pigmentation of this? I dont get it..if I swirl my brush a tiny bit too much I overdo it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sparkle24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The color is as pretty as it looks! On my NC41 skin, it looks very natural! I agree with other reviewers that itís difficult to get it on the brush, but I use a trick that the MAC staff showed me. Which is to rub the tip of the brush stick slightly against it to loosen it up a bit and then use the brush. I rub it along those rose petal curves so that it retains the pretty surface :) If you do this, then trust me you donít need more than two swatches and it gives a really cool natural bluish pink/mauve color on the cheeks! Plus you can build up if you like. Love it! Would buy it again, but 1) it was limited edition 2) I donít think I will ever run out of it, really long lasting good stuff! Great addition to makeup collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by mimilerio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not too excited about purchasing this product at my local CCO. However, I did need a matte mauve blush which is why I went ahead and purchased the product. The product is very buildable and it is a decent purchase. I would go out and say that this is a multi-use product since it gives my skin a cooler tone when I use it sparingly as a setting powder, and I can build up the color on the apples of my cheeks to get a rosy blush effect. I will never pay full price for it but for a discounted MAC product, it doesnt hurt to have this on hand. Great for travel.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2010 6:23:00 AM More reviews by ceciliauk

As the cover says,it is a beauty power,so it doesn't pigment enough.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 9:59:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

I finally got the LoL version of this in a swap and I love it! Its a pretty pink with mauve tones. I thought it might be too dark for my very pale skin, but with a light hand, this blush is very flattering. Its a "beauty powder" blush, too, so its not as pigmented as a regular blush, which is probably why I can wear it without looking clownish.

This is a unique blush for me because everything else I have is strictly pink-based.

I like this a lot, but I don't think I would repurchase if this ever became available again. I like to try all sorts of different blushes. However, if you are thinking of swapping for this or whatever, you should! Its a good blush for anyone to have in their collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2010 12:50:00 PM More reviews by csaetern07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I finally got my hands on this beauty powder from my local CCO and I was so excited to use it. The pigmentation is absolutely beautiful every time I swatch it but on my NC35 skin it does NOT show up! How disappointing!