August 27, 2014 | 984 users online

Lipstick - NYX - #626 - Vitamin

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by AyoItsJessica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do not like this lipstick at all!! I thought it was going to be pretty based on the color on the packaging but when I tried it on, it just looks frosty on my lips. Maybe lighter skin tones can rock this lipstick but for me, it was a no go. .I won't buy this particular color again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm still searching for my perfect orange-toned lipstick. This one is quite peachy and shimmery, which I was expecting to love, but something about it seems to just clash with the color of my lips underneath. It also applies unevenly. I won't repurchase, but I think this would work well for paler people. It feels moisturizing, which I wasn't expecting from a shimmery product, and the packaging is nice and simple. This is an okay product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think Vitamin is a really unique color and shimmer. It's buildable, so you can control the shimmer. I am very fair, and it does look really good on me. I can see many skin tones pull this color off. I also bought Margarita, which is another fantastic shade with my coloring. I think both of these colors will look great in the spring and summer months. When it wears off, it seems to wear off evenly on me, leaving a nice sheen on the lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2013 5:32:00 AM More reviews by stella1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so i will not say again about the packaging the colour and other noticable things. I would just say that: My lips forgot how to be flaky! In just one application every chap dissapear! Very moisturising! I have tried everything!!! From cheapest to the most expensive, even and home made natural balms! Nothing just waste of money and time! I think i found my savior! I will definately buy again this or a nude-pink colour just to use it for balm! Oh! I magine this colour with my tanned summer skin and mint colours outfit! Perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Iloveglitter1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually love this color, more than I thought I would. I bought it today at Ulta and I think its a great color, especially for spring and summer. People complain that these lipsticks arent super hydrating or incredibly full of color. (What do you expect for the price????) This color is a peachy coral shade and opaque. I think its great on its own or would also look good with a gloss over it. I am blonde and fair skinned, but I think this color would also look good on darker and warm skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

Vitamin is very different from the colour that I expected it to be from the swatch on the site I bought it from. It's a frosty peachy colour and not the matte nude I thought it was. Overall it's a nice colour which I swipe on lightly (as it can get a bit too frosty when layered) on days when I'm not wearing much makeup.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 2:24:00 AM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

NYX Round Lipstick in Vitamin is a peachy coral with a satiny-shimmer finish. NYX Round Lipsticks are cruelty free, paraben-free, and hypoallergenic. They're manufactured in Taiwan. You get .14oz (4g) for $3.99. I purchased my tube at Ulta, but you can also find NYX on http://www.nyxcosmetics.com/, Cherry Culture, or if you're lucky, at your local drugstore.
Packaging is cute, simple, functional, sleek, and sturdy. A simple, black plastic twist up tube with black cap. There is a clear plastic bit at the bottom with a piece of rubber in it, showing the shade of the lipstick. The name of the lipstick is also on top of the cap. The tube is about 2 1/2 inches long. Combine these three factors, and NYX Round Lipsticks are purse friendly and easy to store. They're also super cute. NYX Has a very girly logo, without looking juvenile or tacky.
The color of Vitamin is a little complex. It's both peach and coral, with a hint of gold shimmer. The finish isn't really frosty, as much as a satin-shimmer hybrid. I like the finish, but the color really doesn't do it for me. My natural lip color is a fairly pigmented pink, and the warm neutralness of Vitamin really clashes with it, atl east when applied opaquely. When blotted off partially, it looks ok, but not that good.
Vitamin isn't the best of the NYX Round Lipsticks I have when it comes to application. It applies kinda unevenly, and requires two swipes to get it opaque. It might be best to apply with a brush, or maybe your finger. I use a dabbing motion.
Vitamin's texture is very smooth and silky, like all other NYX Rounds I've tried. It glides on easily. NYX's Round Lipsticks are neither drying, nor moisturizing. They feel comfortable on the lips without a balm underneath, but feel and look best with a gloss layered over.
When worn partially blotted off, Vitamin wears a good 2 1/2 to 3 hours, which for me is a good amount of time. It's good for this line of lipstick, also, which isn't known for it's longevity. Vitamin wears well, it doesn't smudge or smear, nor does it bleed around the edges, so a lip liner or primer isn't necessary.
NYX Round Lipsticks have a slightly chemically smell similar to sunscreen. Personally it doesn't bother me, but it does bother others, some go as far as to call it "disgusting". I can't really pick it up unless I sniff the lipstick in the tube, which is a really weird thing to do.
In general, I like NYX Round Lipsticks, but Vitamin just does not flatter me. That doesn't make it a bad product, just not for me. It's a good lipstick that's better suited to those with warmer, tanner complexions.
NYX Round Lipsticks are good quality, cute, very affordable, and available in a huge variety of colors. Give Vitamin a go if you like peachy-coral shades. It's pretty, especially for spring. I personally won't be repurchasing Vitamin, but recommend it if you're tan. I recommend Round Lipsticks, in general.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

This was a mistake. I swatched this on my hand and it was frosty. The colour is gorgeous in the tube, but not on me. It is very shimmery and comes off looking weird on my lips with my medium skin-tone. It has a slight sliver finish to it as well. The colour is off a pink toned coral and has a typical Nyx lipstick formula - creamy and smooth but wears off easily. Passing this onto my friend who I think can pull this shade off better than I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 5:56:00 AM More reviews by JaAe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

I like it man!!! it's very hard to find a lipstick in this colour, for me I'm so glad I bought it. It's a blink light orange and when I wearing this, I'm felt so unique.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by sunfish211

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really sweet shimmery coral shade with a touch of pink. I can't use this with a heavy hand b/c it looks a bit too crazy on me. But it does give my lips that spring/summer glow - kind of MAC's Ever Hip (Liberty of London collection). I can see this looking good on many different skin tones.

(For reference, I'm an NC25/C3 with yellow undertones)