April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Eyeliner - Maybelline - liquid Liner Express in Black

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by imaginary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm an eyeliner person. I wear heavy, winged eyeliner every day. What I look for in an eyeliner is that it has to be pitch black, pigmented and stay on all day. My eyelids are quite oily, which makes it hard for me to find an eyeliner that stays. I've tried so many different liquid and gel eyeliners; MAC, Bobbi Brown, L'oreal, YSL etc, but none of them stays on all day. However, Maybelline Liner Express does!

The sponge applicator is brilliant in my opinion. It makes it easy to create the perfect lines and wings. The liner is not too glossy either. And it's a very cheap!

The only things that I don't like about this product is that it doesn't last me very long. I have to repurchase it after about 2 months. And last but not least, Maybelline do test on animals, so I hate that I love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by Agaphbou

It was the first time I bought this eyeliner, today. I do like the sponge instead of a brush because it's more steady and darker. It has actually no smell at all, and it's easy enough to apply. Didn't put 5 stars though, because there may be eyeliners even better than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by mgfer

I have been using eyeliner on a daily basis for 20 years so you can imagine how many brands I have tried....My eyelids are so oily that all eyeliners smudge after a couple of hours, specially in the summer.
This is the only one that really lasts all day. It takes some time to get used to the wand because it is a bit thick, but with a bit of practise you can get the desired result.
I have been using this for the last 8-10 years and still have not found anything better (plus the price is great).
Now I like it in brown for the day and keep the black for the night.
As I said, it lasts all day, however a tip to make it last forever is to use Urban Decay primer potion before.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really quite shocked by the low ratings of this product cos I think this product is one of the very best liquid liners on the market!! I've used it for years and about six months ago i started using bobbi brown gel liners (cos everyone raves about them) but it really just made this product seem all the more better! This liner only cost 5 quid (when i last bought it, a year ago) and its soo easy to apply, especially compared to the BB gels (which is far more expensive and really quite an art) and this liquid liner gives such a clean and sharp line which is perfect for a dramatic eye flick. I call this my 'Cat-liner' cos its perfect for a catty eye look or to draw an extremely fine sharp line for eyebrows (especially for a chic Goth look). I find it to be very long lasting, doesn't pull on the eyes, non-brittle, non-bitty and very easy to remove. I have to admitt i'm not a fan of many other Maybelline products (if any), but they've clearly worked something out on this one! It is a dramatic liner so maybe not so good for sophicated or office type situations but great for a night out, teenage cool or high fashion look. And I think this product is really testament and proof that you really don't need to spend a lotta money to get a good product-good results.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Marcele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Awful:
•Line never straight due to horrible brush
•Don’t even try to apply if you have powder or shadow on eyes
•Runs off within 1-2 hours, thus face can become covered in small black particles, yuch!
•Smells
•Doesn’t do the job it supposed to do, hence should not exist on the market

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by icaughtfire93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did not like it at all. The brush is terrible, it's hard to draw a fine line and it accumulates all the liquid and other stuff (like fluff) which is a further detriment to the brush. Once it's on your eye, it can get a little flaky and can irritate your eyes and eyelid. My eyes were very red and sore for a couple of days after using it for the first time, and I had to take out my contacts for a couple of days so that my eye could recover.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by HaydenGabba

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well if you like black water on you face then this is for you!
Its very watery and runs right off, Horrible eyeliner. Never would buy this again.... p.s it has a bit of a smell

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2010 3:05:00 AM More reviews by EvaMakaric

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This was my first foray into liquid liners as I love the cleopatra/cat eyed look. However, after promising to be an easy to apply liner, I found this quite thick and clumsy. The tip is hard to use, almost like a sloppy permanent marker that's drying out. The colour was weak, a really dull faded brown/black that looked like I obviously was wearing something on my lids. It stood out in a bad way, like a six year old had drawn a line (not straight) over my upper lids. Seemed to irritate my eyes when applied to lower lid/inner rim. In short: not a fan.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

okay so my friend has this product not me but he tell me all the time how much he hates it! Its sooo watery! like its basically black water in a tube. And since its so watery when it gets in your eye, oh man its bad! lol

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2010 6:08:00 AM More reviews by aalmu90

Where do i start?! Liquid eyeliner is the first ever makeup product i used when i started wearing makeup three years ago. I can safely say that i am pretty talented at applying liquid eyeliner, i have a steady hand and i can draw precise lines on both eyes. Since i wear liquid eyeliner every day, i tend to run out of it pretty quickly so i don’t bother buying from higher end brands. At first i liked this liner because i could draw a line easily due to the smooth formal and felt-tip applicator. After about a month or 2 , the formula was drying up, making it hard to create an even and straight line. Most of the time i needed to remove what i had done and try and again. It gets worse....after about 1-2 hours the eyeliner starts to flake and rub off, resulting in a very unattractive look. I constantly have to wipe off the fall-outs under my eye and touch up at work! I’ve had better experiences with other brands on the market! A BIG NO from me.