Laura Mercier translucent loose powder

4.1

Talc, Magnesium Myristate, Nylon-12, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Methicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ultramarines (Cl 77007), Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499

on 2/8/2015 6:27:00 PM

I compared LM Loose Translucent to...

- MUFE HD Powder is whiter and chalkier
- MAC Prep and Prime has similar performance but where LM has a slightly beige cast, MAC is slightly white
- RMS "Un" Powder is absolutely invisible with the same performance as LM Loose Translucent (blurs imperfections, mattes shine)

LM Loose Translucent is a good powder but I prefer RMS or MAC's versions.

on 1/25/2015 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

love it but not my HG. I paired this with armani lasting fdt, and the result was amazing! my face was completely matte for last 6-7 hrs. No perfume and work perfectly with silicone base fdt. Its expensive, but i will keep this one.

on 8/31/2014 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is a great basic loose powder. I love that it can hold my makeup longer. I have NC37-NC40 skin with yellow undertones and looks perfect.

Sometimes when I use too much it can look powdery. However, when I use just the right amount this is great in covering large pores.

I both use the velour puff and kabuki brush depending on how much time I have in preparing for my makeup.

on 6/25/2014 11:14:00 AM

I love this loose powder! It's very finely milled, so I can brush it over my foundation or BB cream without ever looking powdery or heavily made-up.

on 6/9/2014 1:34:00 PM

Worth every penny in my view! This is the only powder that does not settle and create tell tell fine lines!! It does not look white or chalky on the face either because it contains light reflecting ingredients which creates a natural look. Definitely would not be without this product and always buy one in advance just in case I run out!

on 4/17/2014 3:50:00 PM

I absolutely love this setting powder! I use it on myself as well as my bridal clients and they love it as well! No matter your skin tone this does not leave that unsightly white cast. Immediately sinks into skin and makes fine lines and pores non-existent. Photographs beautifully, and is a good value for the price acne you get a lot of product. I like the packaging, very simple, nothing fancy. Will definitely buy again.

on 4/11/2014 10:26:00 PM

Caused Break Outs:( Can't use this, sad because it's a fantastic color, dewy and melted finished not matte. Got shiny an hour later. I have this a good go, but realized it was causing me lil pimples under my eyes and upper cheeks, bad. Contains corn starch.

on 2/28/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It's a nice setting powder in that it has a good texture, is translucent, and is decent at oil control. But there are many other powders, loose and pressed, for much cheaper (neutrogena oil control, nyx hd setting powder, coty airspun) that perform the same as LM. There are other high end powders for the same price that perform much better (mufe hd loose and pressed, tarte smooth operator powder, nars lrp, MAC blot, UD deslick), so I wouldn't buy the LM again. Not bad at all but certainly not worth the price.

on 2/28/2014 10:58:00 AM

This is my go to setting powder. Feels light when applied, does an ok job at keeping oil away (I'm convinced nothing is going to work) and will not make you look cakey, and does not give you a white cast either. Love it

on 1/10/2014 9:52:00 PM

Have used a variety of loose powders over the years. Max Factor (in the 1970's), LancĂ´me, L'Oreal, MAC and Bobbi Brown. But this one is THE best. On my second tub of it. It is pricey but worth every penny.