April 17, 2014 | 1649 users online

Loose Powders - Laura Mercier - translucent loose powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by il0vemac

I absolutely love this setting powder! I use it on myself as well as my bridal clients and they love it as well! No matter your skin tone this does not leave that unsightly white cast. Immediately sinks into skin and makes fine lines and pores non-existent. Photographs beautifully, and is a good value for the price acne you get a lot of product. I like the packaging, very simple, nothing fancy. Will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 6:52:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this for two years and if you asked me then to rate LM translucent loose powder, I would have given it 5-stars. It sets my makeup and prolongs it. But I feel like after six hours, my bronzer/blush start looking waxy. I don't like the sparkles.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Caused Break Outs:( Can't use this, sad because it's a fantastic color, dewy and melted finished not matte. Got shiny an hour later. I have this a good go, but realized it was causing me lil pimples under my eyes and upper cheeks, bad. Contains corn starch.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jskellis

It's a nice setting powder in that it has a good texture, is translucent, and is decent at oil control. But there are many other powders, loose and pressed, for much cheaper (neutrogena oil control, nyx hd setting powder, coty airspun) that perform the same as LM. There are other high end powders for the same price that perform much better (mufe hd loose and pressed, tarte smooth operator powder, nars lrp, MAC blot, UD deslick), so I wouldn't buy the LM again. Not bad at all but certainly not worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by ElleK7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my go to setting powder. Feels light when applied, does an ok job at keeping oil away (I'm convinced nothing is going to work) and will not make you look cakey, and does not give you a white cast either. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Have used a variety of loose powders over the years. Max Factor (in the 1970's), LancĂ´me, L'Oreal, MAC and Bobbi Brown. But this one is THE best. On my second tub of it. It is pricey but worth every penny.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Raylovesmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always avoided using setting powders because I had never found the right one, until this product.

Does it exactly what its needs to do, sets my make up, makes my makeup less shiny and also stops those little lines I get under my eyes from my concealer.

Very light weight and it is not too matte which I love ! It leaves a velvety finish and I just love it honestly well worth trying it this christmas ladies. I can imagine it works well for most skin types and shades too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

This is good stuff. Light weight and natural looking. If you are familiar with the hg chanel loose powder, this is quite similar. But the finishing for the LM loose powder is not as matte as chanel. One major advantage why i will repurchase is the price point. LM is more affordable. goes well undereyes too. wont look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by midnitedesire

I've been using this loose face powder for severral years and I love it. its a great setting powder, very light on the face ,natural looking, doesn't cake up and helps keep make up in place

It's a little expensive, but you truly get what you pay for and one 29 g. jar will last a long time with daily use :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/17/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by 8ar8ie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After I purchased this, I thought it was the best. Then my pores started to clog. I did some research and found out that this contains not one, but two pore clogging ingredients. Ethylhexyl Palmitate rated a 4 (5 being the highest on the pore clogging scale) and Zea Mays (corn starch) rated 3.

I tossed it.