December 18, 2014 | 1118 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Sunlight Sparkle Eye Shadow

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by SapphireRoses80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

There are two things that I absolutely love from the Bobbi Brown cosmetics line, one being her gel liners, and the other her sparkle eye shadows. I can honestly say she is the only person in the cosmetic industry that knows how to make glitter eye shadow look sophisticated and classy. I love using sunlight layered on top of all my favorite eye shadows, it gives my whole look that extra oomph. The golden sparkle plays on light giving dimension without looking harsh. I seriously cannot rave enough about her sparkle shadows, the fallout on these is minimal to none. It doesn't matter what color you pick up, they all are amazing quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love this. This isn't a mess of glitter, it can be sheer enough for just a hint of sparkle on your lids or packed on for a bit more intensity. On my lids it gives me a gold, sparkling wash but it is completely age appropriate - even okay for day wear IMO. On me, under a eye primer, this lasted from noon until 9PM with zero fall out, fade or creasing. This isn't super pigmented, which is fine with me. It just adds a bit of something, maybe sexiness to my eye make up that looks effortless and subtle - but noticeable. This is LE but I will get a back up if possible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by loci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Not as unique as Mica but still beautiful and versatile. I can't describe how shiny this is but still conservative and office appropreate at the same time. I've tried both the glitter shadow from RMK and Lunasol this summer, and they are very different style as of BB. BB's sparkle is not over the top, it lits only when the light hits, but as of RMK, its very glittery that you can see it in normal indoor lighting.

I've got this one and Mica and that covers almost all the eye shadow I'll use. Maybe I'll get Ballet Slipper when I have the chance to come across it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 3:47:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sunlight is a sparkly gold shadow with almost no pigmentation. I was not disappointed about the lack of pigmentation because I got what I expected. I think it's very beautiful and, when used sparingly, adds a nice sparkle over other shades.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by CoonieR

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is what I'd consider a splurge and not an everyday necessity at $24 ($4 more than other BB shadows). Sunlight goes on like a very sheer wash of golden shimmer.

This looks pretty when applied over other shadows, but it doesn't have enough pigmentation to wear on its own, IMO, unless you only want a hint of glitter/shimmer. I do like the subtle shimmer effect, though, that this gives and how it looks glorious in sunlight. It would be pretty for a special occasion over other warm shadows, but it's definitely not a must-have.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Bobbi recently released four Limited Edition "Sparkle" eyeshadows. I was wow'd by the shimmer of these and picked up all four colors .. Mica, Silver Moon, Ballet & Sunlight. Pigmentation wise, they don't pack a lot of punch. If you can master application, they're absolutely mezmerizing! Sunlight is the gold one. These don't really work well with a traditional eyeshadow brush however. Using them wet doesn't really work well either. The best thing I've found to apply these is to use those sponge type applicators that come with most mainstream drugstore shadows. I've also used my pinky finger to just dab it lightly on my lid. They're not very pigmented, but the sparkle these things have when applied is amazing! My eyes glisten when I use this on the lid!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No