Revlon ColorStay Mineral Mousse Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

image 1image 2image 3

3.2

(Active Ingredients : Titanium Dioxide 3.8%, Zinc Oxide 2%), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Water, Caprylyl Methicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Adipic Acid/Neopentylglycol Crosspolymer, Silica Silylate, Cyclohexasiloxane, Mother of Pearl, Topaz, Quartz, Cymbidum Grandflorum Flower Extract, Lactobacillus Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Serica (Silk), Tocopherol Acetate, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Alumina, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glycerin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trihydroxystearin, Methicone, Alcohol Denat, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polysorbate 20, Polysorbate 80, Ethylene Brassylate, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol /- (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

on 5/27/2013 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this at 75% off thats the only reason why i got it. :P. I completly hated it and i stopped using for a couple months, then as i was cleaning out all my old make up and trying different products i used it again and i noticed it was very good at covering pores, like a primer. So now i use it all the time but only on my nose where i have very large pores due to oily skin and blackheads. It sucks as a foundation!! so i wouldnt recomend it , but i would definitly repurchase if it wasnt discontinued because it makes the pores on my nose completly disapear!

on 4/14/2013 8:21:00 PM

Wow this stuff is simply useless. It felt so weird on my face and in minutes completely oily mess. Not only that it transferred onto all my clothes. I cant stand this foundation def not worth $12.

on 1/25/2013 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation was a no-go for me. I have pretty oily skin and this did nothing to control the oils at all. I was shiny within a few hours and my face just felt really uncomfortable. The foundation felt thick and cakey and I felt like an oily mess once I applied it. It's also extremely streaky so it's best to apply with yours hands ... you also have to be pretty quick because it dries pretty quickly. I found that the product inside often separates and when I squeeze out the foundation, a goop of oil comes out first, which really grossed me out.

on 1/8/2013 3:40:00 PM

I bought this at a local discount grocery outlet for $2.99 and I fell like that was too much. This product is horrible, especially for my dry skin. After using my normal moisturizer and a primer for my large pores this make up just slid all over my face. In between my eyebrows and around my mouth was the worst. It also rubs off and that was with a primer. Do yourself a favor and skip this one I would not recommend.
I did like the packaging and how the product dependence.

on 10/29/2012 1:52:00 PM

No. Just no. I thought this was going to be a great product because of the hype around mousse and whipped and creme foundations and all that stuff. I enjoyed it less and less as I used it more and more. For one thing, it is almost impossible to get even coverage with this product. Because of its sheer nature, it was practically impossible to get it to be even all over. I use a brush with this, and it leaves awful foundation streaks everywhere! Using fingers does not work either, and foundation sponges also fail. It is buildable, but I don't think you wanna build any more of this on your face. It looks very cakey if you pile it in one place. The formula is very dry (almost chalky), and it probably will not do good on dry skin. However, it does stay for a long time and the color selection is nice if you have warm skin tones, like me. Still, that is outweighed by the poor coverage and poor evenness of this product! For $10, will not be buying again. Ever.

on 10/26/2012 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Packaging was good but i didn't like it that much because of the actual product was matte and was quite hard to blend in and after i put it on i got rough patches around my skin and also made my skin look very dry and pale the things i liked about this product was that it was matte and had spf 15 <3

on 9/28/2012 7:06:00 PM

I only just received this foundation, and I love it already. It provides even coverage without caking or being greasy. I love that it stays matte, but still has SPF 20. I'm disappointed only in that I've heard this foundation will be discontinued, which seems to be the trend for me. I find a make-up I'm willing to stick with and the manufacturer discontinues!! (Mary Kay, Clinique, now Revlon). The replacement is never as good as the original and I start my search again for a new brand to whom I can be loyal.

on 9/28/2012 6:08:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

After years working in beauty retail (Sephora), I fell in love with drugstore brands again. While there are many great ds foundations these days, this is not one of them. I liked the idea of it being minerals, but I this formula is just yuck. Here are the reasons for my rating: the smell-it's like rancid cocoa butter? Such a strange scent! The color is ok. I got the lightest color, I believe, which is Fair. It runs rather pink, which doesn't work for me, as I am very neutral. Hard to find a match for me. The finish is what really killed it though: dry, chalky, clumpy, even with well-prepped skin. I have combo skin, but know how to prep my skin to be able to use a formula like this, and it just didn't work. Too bad, I was thinking this would be a good dupe for bb creams, since it has pigment and a good spy (30). Throwing this in the trash. I really need to start saving my drugstore receipts!

on 9/28/2012 4:03:00 AM

I bought this foundation a while ago, but I don't use it very often. I tend to use it mostly when I've run out of my foundation and haven't bought a new one yet, probably because I tend to prefer a more liquid foundation in a pump bottle. This comes out well enough and looks nice when applied, but I need to use my fingers and I feel like I need to apply some pressure to get everything blended nicely. The packaging is fine, and very compact for travel, but the small nozzle doesn't always play nice with the thick mousse, and it's not very luxurious. On the plus side, the shade I have (Fair) is perfect, which is difficult to find. Also, I find that this gives me a nice full, matte coverage, which is what I like. I just wish I could find this in liquid form and with a pump.

on 8/11/2012 1:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was checking out the ingredients, and this has quartz in it, which definitely causes cancer!