September 2, 2014 | 1064 users online

Mascara - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Mascara

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by bdurkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would consider this to be more of an eyelash tint rather than a mascara; it did nothing to lengthen, volumize, or curl my lashes. All it did was darken my lashes, and it didn't do that for long because it smudges and streaks more than any mascara I have ever used. The tube looks nice and I like the way the brush applied the mascara (it reminded me of a Maybelline mascara called Soft Eyes or Soft Lashes), but the mascara itself was worthless.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/25/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Techers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clumpy and smudges like crazy. WIthout a doubt, the worst mascara I have ever used. This was my first and last purchase of Josie Maran products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Really wanted to like this, but it just didn't do much for my lashes. The brush was a little stubby, and it just didn't give me the oomph I was looking for. Sticking to my tarte mascaras as far as natural products go...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by trautman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the earth day set, and I really don't like this mascara at all. All of the product seemed clumpy and old. It's a shame, because I find this mascara to really darken my lashes, but that's about it.I have short lashes and this does nothing to volumize or lengthen, and I agree with everyone else, this smudges really bad:( I will use what's left up and avoid my bottom lashes, but what a disappointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by riverspirit

No, no, no, no! I wanted so much to love this product because it's all natural-- better for the environment and better for me-- but I have never found a mascara to be so unwearable. It smudged horribly (and I didn't know until someone told me). I tried it several times, taking care to make sure that the mascara dried before I blinked, etc, but it was just Smudgefest 3000. Awful :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 6:19:00 AM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I didn't have any issues with smudging or flaking. I just wish this mascara provided more color. As far as the rest, it is comparable to any drugstore mascara. The upside is it neing all natural.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:08:00 PM More reviews by NickelEmily

I was not impressed by this mascara. First, it smudges and flakes something terrible. By the end of the day, I had more of the mascara under my eyes than on my lashes. Not a good look. Second, it doesn't really do anything to enhance the lashes that one has. I have long, thick eyelashes and so don't need a lot from macara products. But this just did nothing, save travel under the eyes. At best it's an "eh" product. This product is a big disappointment.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 1:39:00 AM More reviews by SharonWhite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised at the negative reviews here. Yes, it is a bit wet...I find I have to be more careful while applying it or I might get some smudges. But the fact that it doesn't straighten my lashes after curling them is enough to overlook that. In fact, they're even more curled when I'm done. Every other mascara I've tried my eyelashes end up sticking straight out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh. Got this in the Earth Day kit. I bought it for the cream blush (which I'm in love with) but this mascara was only sub par. Didn't do much- my lashes didn't stay curled and it smudged a tiny bit by the end of the day. I have shorter lashes, so I need something that's gonna give me some length and volume and I've found much cheaper mascaras that do this way better. Not a horrible product, but definitely not worth the huge price tag. I also didn't notice my lashes being particularly soft with this. It felt like normal mascara, just without the benefits of length and volume.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2010 12:02:00 AM More reviews by Renascence

Like many other reviewers, I got this as part of a set from Sephora. I really wanted to love it...really.

It's a nice, natural-looking mascara that didn't clump and my lashes felt soft and natural. I loved the philosophy and the product ingredients. Unfortunately, it smeared before noon, leaving me with the worst raccoon eyes I've ever had.

Maybe that's because I live in the South, where the air is so humid you can practically drink it, but apparently I'm not the only one who has experienced this.