April 21, 2014 | 933 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Round Lipstick - Tea

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by jodhika1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Skintone: I'm an NC43/44/BB foundation stick in Warm Honey, and this is a perfect nude lip on my uneven two toned pigmented lips, and doesn't make my yellow/olive toned skin look dead like most other nudes would.

Pigmentation: It goes on slightly sheer, much sheerer than a MAC lipstick would. I have Cherish in MAC and while Tea is browner and warmer, Cherish goes on with twice the opacity. If you have two-toned lips, the line of demarcation would still show with Tea.

Texture: Very buttery, tends to bleed outside of the lipline, which is a pain in the ass.

Lasting power: Pretty poor, considering it isn't opaque in the first place.

Colour: Warm brown with slightly grey undertone. No red or peach. A tiny lil bit of pink in it so that the lips look like lips and not skin. Comparable to MAC's Half n half though MAC is way richer and less brown (tad warmer).

Price: Super cheap.

Would i buy this again? I think i prefer Half n Half, so maybe not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Chubz

A gorgeous nude that doesn't contrast my NC40 ish skin! A coffee nude with the slightest hint of a pink under tone. One lippie off for lasting power. It's a thin, not thick consistency. Reapplying is a must, unless you line a good portion of your lips with a natural nude pencil. I bought this for $3.99 and it is definitely worth trying.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

This really is the shade of strong black tea with milk or coffee with milk a tan beige. The brown in this is similar to Nyx Rea but this is warmer toned. Not very attractive on me on it's own but a light coat over a nude liner and it is just barely wearable but overall still too yellow/ochre based for my complexion and needs some pink in the mix to make it work for me. Can imagine this is gorgeous on darker complexions though just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 8:15:00 AM More reviews by TLND

First of all, the color is amazing. Nyx Tea is a nude that won't wash you out, but won't make you look like you're wearing nothing on your lips. It gives your lips a healthy brown nude color (no peach or pink here) that looks sophisticated and put-together in its own kind of way.
For the dirt cheap price, the staying power is not bad. Tea wears on me for about 4-5 hours, and that's with eating, drinking and everything in between. Often, with just one coat (then spread across the lips with a lip brush for precision as it does go on a little soft and buttery), I can still get some color when I blot with tissue after those 4 hours.
For those starting out with makeup and not yet at the price point of MAC and stuff, this is an excellent pick. :) Just be sure to put it in a cooler place as Nyx lipsticks are softer by nature and break quite easily. Lip brushes = best!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2011 8:22:00 PM More reviews by Dostygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

In response to other MUA'ers who are comparing this to MAC's Underplay (my all time favorite shade) I think you have to have a highly pigmented lip for this to be a dupe for Underplay. For me, it's a great match, just a little darker. But if I apply it with a heavy hand, it gets ashy and I can see how it can be kind of gray on a lighter lip. Other than that I love it. The quality is amazing, there's no terrible taste or odor and it costs 2 to 4 dollars! Nyx for President!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by mnf4ever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Perfect nude lipstick on me; I already bought a backup! I agree with the comments down below that you shouldn't apply this too heavily; just one layer will do since this lipstick is very opaque. I am NC 42 with strong yellow undertones and this l/s pulls just the right amount of peach, pink, and brown tones. It also photographs very well and doesn't make me look washed out the way MAC Freckletone does. The texture is very smooth and lasted about 4 hours until I had to reapply again. DH also commented on how creamy and natural my lips looked when I wore this! Also looks beautiful with NYX lipglosses in Natural, Smokey Look, and Tanned as well as just a dab of Vaseline.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by thandiepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG nude! This blows all my previous nudes out of the water! I decided to try Tea after seeing a couple of youtube video recommendations. Reviews on MUA were also good so I went ahead and placed my order. This applies as a creamy matte light brown with a slight grey undertone. No peach or pink in this. Just a very neutral shade which compliments my MAC C8 coloring. To make this warmer, I line my lips with NYX rose brown or cocoa lip pencil before application. These are orange based brown liners with cocoa having a bit more orange/red in it. Then I use NYX tanned lipgloss over it which is a lovely peachy brown gloss with high shine. This combo gives me the most divine nude lips ever and now I need search no further. My quest for the perfect nude is over.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by sushiiflower

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tea is a beautiful neutral brown with slight gray undertones. I have fairly pigmented lips so it does give me a very nude washed out look (not in a bad way), something that I'd pair with a heavy smokey eye because it doesn't draw focus to the mouth. It's a milky brown with slight gray undertones on my lips when paired with MAC's Oak lip liner and NYX's lipgloss in Tanned and it makes for a beautiful color similar to MAC's lipglass in Chai. It can make me look very washed out if not paired with the right makeup, but I still do like this a lot. I can see this working on a variety of cool and warm skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by truepeace72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is definitely interesting. I put it on for the first time a few nights ago after it came in the mail. I think I may have put it on too heavy. The color was very pretty and close to my skin tone but it had a kind of ashy look to it. I tried it again today, applying less of the product to my lips and it looked so much better. A very nude and matte look without looking so ashy. I went on to top the lipstick off with a stroke of nyx tanned mega shine lipgloss per a YT recommendation. I have to say that combined the two are really amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 8:17:00 PM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Got this today at Ulta for about $4? Really cheap even among drugstore brands IMO, but very high quality. It is a creamy warm brown and it is very wearable and flattering for my skin (NC30). Only bad thing is that these don't come sealed so you don't know if it's used or not.. >_>. However, it is not drying and it is quite pigmented! This is one of my first NYX lippies and I will definitely purchase more. :)