July 31, 2014 | 1451 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain Oleo-Curl

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by dilllll90

I had way too much expectation of Kerastase products. My hair stylist keep telling me it's the best shampoo line so I'd give it a try. Overall, for the price I paid, I'd say I only receive certain satisfaction. It is quite moisturizng all right, for someone who does not like using conditioner, this product would give a some what fluffy, a little bit of shiny hair as result, but nohting more. I could get the same resulting using TBS ones.

Pro:
-moisterizing, save conditioiner
-make hair fluffy
Con:
-pricy
-what a hassle to twist open the bottle and close it

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:14:00 PM More reviews by PrincessZaineb

THIS PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE!

I have fine, curly, colour-treated, fairly damaged hair and I bought this product to define my curls better... it didnt!

Its quite drying, my hair would give me the texture of hay if I didn't follow this shampoo instantly with a conditioner or mask, my hair constantly feels thirsty and lacking moisture with it.. In addition, it did not define my curls at all or make them any prettier for that matter, it frizzed them up!

If your hair is like mine, don't waste your money on this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2011 3:31:00 PM More reviews by shoehoard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I straightened my hair for 10+ years and used the Kerastase Oleo Relax line. It was my holy grail. Expensive? Yes, but it made my hair so soft, sleek, and smooth. I'm now wearing my hair curly (natural curls -2c/3a). Been curly since May. Decided to give up the sulfates and silicones and dried DevaCurl and Jessicurl's products. I love Jessicurl's Rocking Ringlets and Confident Coils, as well as the Aloeba conditioner. DevaCurl just wasn't for me. It weighed down my hair and always made it look like a hot mess. I broke down and bought the Kerastase Oleo Curl this past weekend. I washed my hair with it today and it felt so good to lather up again. Oh how I missed the lather of shampoos. I used my Jessicurl styling products as usual and sat under the hood dryer for 20 mins. I couldn't believe how light my hair felt. The curls are so defined, the bounce is back, the volume is there at the roots again. And it knocked off an hour of drying time. I don't care if there's sulfates and silicones in the shampoo. My hair needs them! I'm done with the no sulfate/silicone hype. I've had mostly bad curly hair days for 5 months straight! The Jessicurl line gave me better hair days. But the shampoo was the kicker for me. I love this shampoo and will be using from here on out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 7:13:00 AM More reviews by michaelabr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This shampoo is the best what i ever used for my really very, very thick, dry curly hair. I could never believe that just the shampoo could transform texture of my hair, now they are soft, silky and bouncy. i tried whatever in a past to mantain my curly hair (Altnerna, Joico, Redken, etc. etc.,), but Kerastase still stays best

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 8:51:00 PM More reviews by emmanelson96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great shampoo. Great smell. It makes my hair so soft and silky. I also use it with the oleo curl creme. Kerastase is the absolute best line for hair care. Whatever I get from them it always makes my hair look gorgeous. This product is more for people with wavy and curly hair, otherwise people with thinner hair would feel like they would need more body.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2010 6:27:00 AM More reviews by alicektn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was in a organic-products-only break, and I decided to give a try to this brand that is supposed to be effective. My hair is really dry and very curly. I also have a very sensitive scalp. I used this shampoo ,and felt it made my scalp skin smooth, but on the other hand I had a nasty itching... It also didn't do anything to my coarse hair.I have tried sooo much better cheaper products. I now use it only once in a while, because it was really expensive...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2009 12:19:00 AM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this shampoo. On the downside, it has amodimethicone in it, but I have no buildup at all. I even used it a week straight and my hair never felt coated. Its the most thick concentrated shampoo I have ever felt. A bottle will last forever. It is $34, so it should last a while for that price, you know. I have tried most every curl line out there, and I find this actually does encourage curl. Pretty pleased with its ability to clean out the products I use. It smells nice and floral-y and it does linger. HG shampoo for me. Edit: Over time, I just plain found better stuff for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2009 10:42:00 AM More reviews by Niamhy93

I love this shampoo, It works great on my long wavy/curly hair. I do think it is expensive for a shampoo but hey, it works! Smells great too!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by mkmonty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the price, I expected this product to actually boost my curls. Unfortunately, it made my hair limp and lifeless instead. I do love the smell but I need more from a $32.00 shampoo than a great scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have naturally wavy hair that's cut in layers, and I wanted to find a shampoo that could accentuate the wave and give me that peicy look, since if I try and achieve it with styling products, it's usually either too much work or ends up too dry or too greasy. Enter Bain Oleo-Curl shampoo. This is marketed for curly hair but on wavy, it just separates all my layers and gives me a really nice soft beachy look, without any extra styling products. I can just mist on some hair spray and I'm good to go. The best part is that it's part of the Oleo line, so it's hydrating and makes your hair very shiny and bouncy, but never weighed down.