August 20, 2014 | 1836 users online

Eye Shadow - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Shadow Creme in Lilac Petals

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2012 5:59:00 AM More reviews by papilloncrazy

I bought this in a number of shades to use as a eyeshadow base (the lighter colours) and the darker ones as liners after every single pencil I tried out there smudged on me. I use a very narrow brush to apply them as a liner. I find the darker colours harder to manage over a large area of the lid (like say if I wanted smokey eye). The colours don't look so even no matter what brush I use. The lighter colours don't seem to have this problem.

Amazingly even in Singapore's humid climate, the darker shades did not budge or smudge (but I did set them with matching coloured powders although I did not use a primer) even though I have notoriously oily eyelids (so oily that even Bobbi Brown's famous gel liner could not stay).

However 8 -9 hour is about all they can last. Reapplying is necessary if you wanna last through the night.

One unhappy con is that the pot dries out super fast. Most of my darker shades that I use as liners are already dried out and is a menace to moisten in order to apply.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by bunnyjohnson

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Works best as a liner. Crease resistant and can use with powder eye shadow.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by daimblond

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried 6 of the shades immediately. I ended up returning five. This is a new product. I found it did not go on smoothly or evenly no matter how I prepared my eyelids. I was very disappointed. Looked very obvious and unnatural. I used a cream eyeshadow brush to apply. Tried a lot of different application techniques but could never get it to look decent. Dries very, very fast. Much prefer MAC Paint Pots or Shiseido Hydro Powder Eye Shadows. I returned all shades except Vintage Violet. I'm using the Vijntage Violet to as a smudgeable eyeliner. Most of the shades were quite light and not appropriate for eyeliner shades.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by Seraphic

I find these creme shadows much smoother and creamier than MAC paint pots. Lasting power is not as good as MAC but definitely decent. Crease free and cake free like the claim states. Now for the colour of this particular one, it's nice, very light lilac purple in the jar. This particular shade does take a few swipes to get a pigmentation though which is why I took off a lippie. Overall a nice product but the colour could definitely be more pigmented.