August 23, 2014 | 1071 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Peter Thomas Roth - Lashes To Die For

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by jmara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Despite some of the iffy reviews I've read, I went and bought this mascara a couple of days ago at Ulta and I'm already VERY happy with it!

I have nothing but positive things to say about it. It doesn't clump, it makes my lashes look longer and well defined. It's water-resistant, lasts all day and doesn't drop any flakes on my cheeks like other mascaras have. In addition to all that, the tube is not huge like some of the newer ones and it comes off quite easily at night without any rubbing. In other words, I love it!

It's definitely worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by thelornindahouse

This stuff works for enhancing eyelash length. However, there are a few unpleasant (yet mild) side-effects. I have dry, red eyes, red eyelid rims, and a slight discoloration on the area where I apply the product. All in all, a good product with side effects that are worth it, considering the results.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of Peter Thomas Roth. I use his products faithfully and do find them to work. So, I figured I would give this a shot. My lashes did seem shorter at my age, and I wanted to see if there was any truth to this product. I am now in month two of using this and I can honestly say I can see a minute growth of lash line. The growth appears (and this may or may not seem strange) at the lower lash line. Perhaps this is because the liquid settles there, I'm not sure. I am also very fair and so are my lashes. I do notice when I apply my mascara, I do not have any problems applying it as I did before I began to use this product. That in itself tells me something is working to make my lashes a tad longer. They are not full and luxurious, not at all, just a bit longer enough to use mascara comfortably again. I am very careful to use the liner once on each eye, close my eye for a full minute to allow it to dry, and not let the liquid seep into my eye, also. My eyes have not changed color, either. So far, so good. Would I purchase again? I would at least purchase one more to see how much longer they just might grow.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2012 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Pinky137

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My apologies, but this review is for the Platinum version of this product. I can't add products yet.

I used it for 2.5 weeks and felt like it was doing a good job. I didn't have remarkably longer lashes or a fuller lash line, but my lashes looked pretty damn good. That could be attributed to a different mascara and a new lash comb, but I'll give this product credit because my lashes looked good naked, too.

I would continue to use it, but it changed my eye color. I went from a light, slightly greenish-blue with brown around the pupil to a darker bluish-green with more brown around the pupil. I actually like my new color even though I miss my old one. To me, it was a subtle change, and I wasn't sure if I was just being paranoid. However, 4 people spontaneously made comments on my new green eye color. I've stopped just a couple days ago, and hopefully my eyes won't continue to change. I'll update, probably with anger toward myself, if they do.

Obviously product got into my eye at some point. I think it could be that it dripped into my eye when I slept; that seems the likely explanation to me because one eye darkened more than the other, and I'm a side sleeper. Avoiding that was my reason for choosing this lash product as itís supposed to be thicker than the others and less drippy. Or I got it into my eye during application. I was really careful when applying this as I did not want to get any product in my eye. I think the brush is too long; it would be easier to get this right along and into the roots of the lashline (I have multiple layers of lashes and a pretty full natural line) if the brush was shorter or a felt-tip. As it was, the bristles would split apart and some would look like they were heading to my eye. Maybe they did.

I would recommend this for anyone who isnít concerned about changing your eye color. It might really work, and I think the tube would last for a few months. For people who want to try and are worried about changing their eye color, maybe use your own eyeliner brush? I will stick with mascara, a good lash comb, and falsies when I want some oomph.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lessisabore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for three months now and can report it has made only the very very smallest difference to my lashes. Certainly NOT £94 worth of difference.

My lashes are perhaps 3mm longer; this isn't really noticeable at all, and only barely noticeable to me. Some random new lashes have grown above my natural lash line but these aren't exactly a positive outcome; they get in the way of eyeliner application and are much shorter than my other lashes, so just look weird. I wear fake eyelashes sometimes for special occasions and imagine they will be a complete nuisance then.

The packaging is a nice metal tube which feels quite sturdy in the hand, but the inflexibility is also a curse; when I traveled to a high altitude (only by car, to an area in Switzerland where people have lived for centuries- nothing ridiculously high) I found the product spurted out of the tube and became all gummy and thick. This was frustrating as it wasted a good amount of the 5.9mL provided. I imagine if you took it in an airplane it would do the same; not good enough when you get so little, and you consider the product is almost £16,000 per litre.

I posted a similar review on the site I purchased the serum from ( cult b ea uty) and they did not publish it. They obviously have a commercial interest to protect, but it feels a bit misleading to not provide honest feedback to their other potential customers. Hence I appreciate MUA's role even more for providing a platform for unbiased reviews!

EDIT: 19 April 2012:
I was contacted by the site I purchased the serum from (cult beauty, a UK site) to follow up my review (posted to their site but not published) They wanted to let me know they were reviewing the product. They were very apologetic and offered to refund the cost to me. I was impressed by their customer service.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by jacoba

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received the two week supply with the Lash Stash set from Sephora, so I'm assuming I didn't see results because it didn't last long enough for me to use it and see results. I don't like the packaging because even when you've used it all and can't get any more out, the packaging doesn't allow the wand to reach and get it all out. Spend a little more on mascara and invest in a good one, you'll see instant better results.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 6:33:00 PM More reviews by LiL_Laurie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently had eyelashes extensions removed the the girl taking them off ripped out almost all my eye lashes in the process - i was HORRIFIED and looked like an alien afterwards. I went to Sephora asking what their best eye lashes growth serum was and the girl recommended this product. It is really freakin expensive ($175 CDN) but I was desperate and had high hopes so I bought it. I have been using the product for 5 days and notice a major difference, my natural eyelashes are growing back in so fast I no longer feel embrassed to show my face. The few eyelashes I had remaining after the whole ordeal have gotten longer, there are tons of new ones growing in super quick and i see lots of little eye lash buds forming. I owe it all to this product. I have also been taking tons of suppliments for hair growth so that also may have helped bring back my lashes faster.

I have no idea how this works for people who have all their lashes and just want them to be longer/thicker etc, but for my case - needing to grow back lost lashes, it has worked like a charm.
SEPT 07/2011 UPDATE: My lashes were fully grown back after one month - I have continued using this product and they are actually darker and thicker than they were before "the incident".

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Girlfit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Um, no. Waste of money. I received this as gratis when I worked for a retailer that sells PTR so thankfully I did not pay for this or I'd be seriously pished off because this did jack squat nothing.

I have been using mine pretty regularly for WEEKS now and sometimes even 2x a day. I know the packaging says to use at night but honestly, I don't think its is going to make one difference on if you use it at night or during your morning routine. I have more time during my day routine so that's when I have been doing it.

This one HAS a progestiglandin, but it isn't bimitaprost like what is in Latisse. Which might be why its not doing anything. For the same price, I can GO GET LATISSE! Or at the very least, LiLash which I have personally seen people I know use and have GREAT results with.

I still have some left so I will use it through but no way would I buy it and no way would I recommend this. It just did nothing for my lashes whatsoever!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2011 9:18:00 AM More reviews by darkharbour

This product will not create the dramatic difference of a product like Latisse. However, after several weeks of using it, my lash line is thicker, almost as if I have a second row of lashes. No obvious difference in length, but I do note that I need less mascara.This contains prostaglandins.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Rhonlynn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this a couple of days ago, and PTR mascara, also. I was using Fusion Stimulash, which worked within a two week time span. It runs 80.00 at Sephora's. I ran out, and didn't buy any more. Probably laziness....So, I waited 3 months, and decided to step it up a notch, cause I really like PTR skin care products. I should take a picture in full make up sometime today, and put it on my FB page, then update this every week. Stimulash works. So I'm seeing if PTR works a bit better. Other than a tiny bit of itchiness these last couple of days, I think PTR will be more powerful than Stimulash. Stimulash has no instructions on the package, PTR has full instructions.

(04/07) So, I'm looking through ads about spas and such, and found that Latisse is only 20 dollars more. The main ingredient in Latisse is Lumigan. Lumigan runs about 20-40.00. To me, one should try the BRAND name of any medication, first, then if the product is acceptable, try the cheaper generic .Are the 2 EXACTLY the same? That I can't be sure of, positively. Is Latisse the exact formula of Lumigan? EXACT? It would be worth knowing for sure. What about if you grew pretty lashes with Latisse, and switched to PTR? That's alot to consider. I do believe Lashes to die for is an excellent product.

As a nurse for over 16 years, I have no qualms about Latisse, whatsoever. Having bought PTR (It does contain Prostaglandins), I'm going to get an order for Latisse from my doc, and try it. I'm returning the PTR, cause I have the receipt,and I purchased it the other day at Sephora's. If I like Latisse, I'll get my doc to prescribe the generic equivalent, maybe, after careful research. I'm only doing this cause the prescription product is only 20.00 more than the over the counter PTR, which, infact, isn't the same. I'm using PTR until I get to the doc's and get my prescription.

The main ingredient in PTR is the prostaglandin. I'm not for sure on the chemical formula of PTR's protaglandin. It is also included, in a different form, in Lumigen. The main ingredient in Lumigan is bimatoprost. It was found, when applied to glaucoma patients, that their eyelashes grew. This I know, first hand. Brimatoprost is a prostamide.

I have allergies, and I happen to have darkish rings around my iris, but it's from constant irritation,and it was there before I started using Stimulash. So I have no idea about that side effect being worse or whatever. I am having some eye irritation now, but, again, our pollen count is sky high.

04/08/2011: It has been a few days,and I've noticed a teensy bit difference. I tend to study my lashes, closely,and I notice tiny new wee little lashes, growing. It seems like it's close to when I started it, but I use a high quality magnified mirror, to study them closely. (a bit eyelash anal.)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No