December 18, 2014 | 1405 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Wild Shine - Kaleidoscope

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 4:59:00 AM More reviews by misstwinpeaks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm a huge fan of glitter polishes, I bought this for $1 at Walgreens and it's so amazing. I love the holographic glittery pieces within it, it's great over light or pastel shades (my favorite is it over Cinderella or Pink Glass by Sinful Colors). Another reason why it's so good, is as a top coat it makes your nail polish last a lot longer with no chipping. Even when I thought it was going to be clumpy, it dried out smooth. I usually do two coats or three if I want more sparkle. Defiantly need to stock up on this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by KittyMeow123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great product. I will stock up so I'll never run out. Use it as a top coat or an anchor for other glitter polishes with Elmer's Glue All. The glue allows you to just peel off the polish when you're ready to for a change. No soaking, no scrubbing. It is so easy! And now this polish holds it all together.

Here are my steps for easy glitter nails:

thin coat of Elmer's Glue All, let dry.

This Wnw polish, let dry.

Any non-fast dry colored polish, let partially dry.

NYC Grand Central Station (fast dry clear), let dry.

Any glitter polish, no need to let dry.

Another coat of NYC GCS, let dry.

Don't forget to coat your tips with the colored polish and clear, also the last clear needs to also be put under your nails. Use clear coat daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

Amazing layered over a black creme. Absolutely stunning! I prefer Kaleidoscope over China Glaze Fairy Dust. Gorgeous!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by pretty_please

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this! I have about 650 nail polishes and this is the only one I own a back up of. Its a perfect silver glitter with some silvery holo glitters. It always applies really evenly and well for me. When I am about half way thru the bottle I tend to thin it with polish thinner and never have any problems. I love this over pinks, mint greens, blues and taupes best but the combinations are endless. I have both this and ChG Fairy Dust, they are kind of similar in the fact that they are both silvery glittery and have a holo effect but FD is all ultra tiny holo glitter, Kaleidoscope has "normal" sized silvery glitter and slightly larger holo glitters so same kinda idea but no, not the same and not the same looking. Nor do I find this one "chunky", it is quite smooth and applies that way too. Anyway...great polish! Looks way more expensive and applies way nicer than something that is 99 cents! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by calbabe96

To sum it up this is a dirt cheap polish that gives amazing results and can spice up any color. period.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by nostalgiajunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty, glowy, rainbow-y glitter polish! I love it so much and it's so inexpensive. It looks good over a variety of colors, especially dark reds, dark blues, or black. I like it better than China Glaze Fairy Dust because it's more noticeable. What can I say; I love chunky glitters!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Luciferr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this at Walgreens for $1. I put it over every nail polish I own now lol I love it so much! The glitter is really shiny and I sort of use it as a top coat. I just wish the brush was a lil better. Other than that, it's totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

update, 1/29/2012
Wanted to add that despite what another reviewer wrote, this is not a chunky glitter. The glitter is more along the lines of micro holo. okay i have just about used this up! i tried 2 other polishes from other brands that looked similar and holo rainbow glitter. they dont compare. the little flashes of light you get as you move your fingers about, a major attraction for me, are brighter and prettier, more apparent, with this np. i was loving it over deep maroons, plums, but am wearing it now over a light nude beige color. i plan to get a very pale pink to wear under this too. for the money you cannot go wrong with this! also wears like iron, so i upped it to a 5.

Original review below

I love this polish though I should know better (in "theory" past the age to love glitter). I went most of my adult life sans polish, so why are my nails spparkling like a Christmas tree?! I just love how this transforms any ol' polish, especially darker shades, into a milky way on your fingertips. In the storels lighting this appeared very silvery gray with little holographic glitter, but in reality it has a lot of holo that flashes every color of rainbow. Sure discoball, but also a galaxy that can add a whimsical bit of shimmer with one coat or 2 or more to add more noticable glitter. Over deep wine reds, shimmery dark burgundies is my favorite way to wear it. But also great over taupes, dark cool browns. My next to try is navy blue to emulate the night sky. It is a top coat due to the lack of opacity which is also its strength. Its linteresting to see the color play as you move yoour hands. With a good clear top coat over this, the glitter is not only magnified but the holo effect is increased with a snow globe effect. This reminds me a little of Pearl Harbor by Sinful polishes however that seems to flash more blue than this and as cheap as that is at a $1.99 U.S dollars, this is cheaper at just one dollar. Great deal and fun, cheap thrill.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gorgeous, gorgeous silver and holo glitter polish. I can't believe this is only .99! Although I typically only wear glitter around the holidays and on very few other occasions - this is my favorite glitter polish to wear. There is a lot of holo glitter which when it hits the light looks like a party on your nails! I can't wait to wear it again this winter. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

This looks similar to CG Fairy Dust only the holo glitter is 2 sizes and one is much larger. It dries a heck of a lot faster too. It's another topcoat favorite of mine. It gives "oomph" to an ordinary plain shade of polish.