October 26, 2014 | 1529 users online

Gels/Soaps - Burt's Bees - Naturally Nourishing Milk and Shea Butter bar soap [DISCONTINUED]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 5:32:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like most of the Burts Bees bar soaps, but this is my favorite. Nice creamy lather, natural ingredients, and a soft summery scent. I use it everywhere, including my face and for shampoo, and for shaving. Not dry or stripping at all. Just a good, basic soap that gets the job done and feels luxurious to use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Meredita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a nice, gentle soap with a faint scent that won't overwhelm you. The bar lasts a long time. I use it instead of shaving cream on my legs - works great, and I've saved money not having to buy shaving cream anymore!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kelslynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh, I love this soap. I've been using it for a while now and honestly my skin feels the smoothest and softest it's ever felt. This really nourishes my skin! Plus, I'm about 6 months pregnant and still don't have any stretch marks yet on my belly. It might possibly be because of this stuff. It smells lovely, like milk and honey. I will definitely keep buying this soap.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

I have always been a soap person. I think soaps are more economical than body wash and easy to store while traveling.

I got this soap from the Nourishing gift set. It's wrapped in Terra skin - a paper made from minerals, and can be disposed as garbage but not as recyclable. Thumbs up for the idea.

This soap lathers very well (better than my Ivory soaps), and I love the gentle scent. I don't think it smells like suntan lotion at all. If you are conscious about the scent, don't worry, it fades away. It cleans well too. I'd love to stick with it but it's really pricey in Canada ($8 per bar). So for now I'll stick with Ivory ($5 for 8).

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:26:00 AM More reviews by becky39

LOVE IT!!!! Smells like suntan lotion...in a very good way! It's the only soap I use and will continue to buy it forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2009 4:19:00 AM More reviews by radar626

This is a very gently cleaning bar. If you are looking for a product to get rid of the grime and dirt while leaving you with a fresh soft scent, this is a great soap. I do have to use a moisturizer after this (I use Milk & Honey lotion or the Baby Bee lotion) but I don't mind because after trying some of the moisturizing cleansers, I didn't like the weird slick feeling it left on my skin. It also works good as a facial bar.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by littlechemist

This is one of my all-time favorite bar soaps! If you buy a single bar, it comes packaged in paper(~$4)- really cute. I, however buy two bars at a time which comes packaged in a box (~$8). What made me want to buy this soap at the store was the smell! It is divine. It reminds me of summer- at the pool, sunscreen, etc. I think it's a really good, clean smell. I use this soap to wash my face, neck and chest in the shower on days I'm taking a break from my prescription benzoyl peroxide acne wash. It doesn't break me out or leave my skin dry. I do have oily, acne-prone skin though. Overall, this is a really gentle soap. I love the simplicity of the ingredients.

Vegetable soap base, kaolin, natural fragrance, non-fat dry milk, shea butter, fragrance

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by flossyglam

I usually don't give "1" ratings unless a product has broken me out, but since this really performed sub-standard, I'm left with no choice. Having been a fan of Burt's Bees products (particularly the original formula lip balm and their lip tints), I was excited to try this. For some reason I enjoy the idea of bar soap more than shower gel, although pretty much every bar soap I've ever used has dried me out! :( Since this was advertised as moisturizing (milk! shea butter!), I expected at the very least it would perform averagely in the moisturizing department. However, much to my shock, my skin was irritatingly dry the moment I washed the soap away! I cannot remember the last time I felt so dried out while still in the shower--probably not since my dad supplied us kids with Irish Spring bar soap (which he still uses religiously) growing up! I did not expect this from a Burt's Bees product, and definitely not from a soap costing double the amount of Irish Spring. Normally my skin is pretty resistant and difficult to irritate, but I was so dry in the shower I had to lather up with my Aveeno shaving cream and rub it in my arms to prevent them from feeling so upset and angry! :( NOT what I look for in a soap!