October 1, 2014 | 1925 users online

Styling Products - Marc Anthony - Strictly Curls Curl Envy

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 4:50:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yowza! This stuff is magnificent!!!

I purchased this on a whim whilst shopping for products to tame my fro and lay the smackdown on my frizz and curls. It was so inexpensive I really didn't have any high expectations. Boy o' boy what a pleasant surprise this was! I used it on my damp hair when I jumped out of the shower. I did as instructed and scrunched my curls after application, then I threw my hair up into my turbo twist towel and went about my biz. When I removed the TT I was met with the softest hair and amazingly defined curls. Lemmie tell ya I so didn't expect such great results! My hair was also shiny and smelled lovely.

This is a great leave in and an even better curl definer. It beats expensive high end products such as Living Proof No Frizz leave in ($24). I didn't expect this to be a softener or conditioning in any way but it was/is. And its only $7!!! Try it, you won't be disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2014 11:02:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

For years I have been searching for a product that was like Tigi small talk, but with slightly less cones and better hold. Small talk was almost perfect except for that, and with anything else I would have just mixed with strong hold gel and been happy. But small talk is incompatible with almost every other styling product in the known universe, so the search went on.

And so....we have this curl cream. Good hold, good frizz control, decent smell. Does not make my hair go limp yet also controls the pouf well. It does build up if used daily though...hence the 4 instead of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lucyschenk

I'm in love, I've been searching for a curl cream for ages. My hair is super curly but not overly thick. Most products weight down my hair leaving the top extremely flat and the bottoms crunchy and poofy (triangle) and of course, frizz. I found this and run it through my hair after I shower using the shampoo and conditioner from the same line. It leave my hair full, soft, no frizz and the curls look amazing! Very impressed! Great price and great product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by aline26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

As most curly-haired ladies know, the search for hair products is never ending. Either you find something you need TONS of to manage your hair (I laugh my ass off at the manufacturers' directions of using "dime-sized" or "quarter-sized" amounts), or it is something that performs reasonably well, or it is something that just stops being effective after a while. My hair is thick but soft, large curls but obscene amounts of frizz. OBSCENE.

This product is HG-worthy for me, simply because it has managed to do the one thing no other product has been able to accomplish for me thus far: it keeps my frizz under control without weighing my hair down. Other products that manage frizz just never give me the desired volume, so I have to sometimes resort to using a diffuser and well- so much for frizz control. I took one lippie off because even though it manages my fly-away frizz, it could use some help with defining the curls. I apply a handful after I shower, usually before bed, and in the mornings I add some Garnier Sleek & Shine Leave-in Conditioner to help give my curls some shape. But again, it's great at controling the crazy, stray hairs that drive you nuts and it allows you to have volume. $9USD for a 6oz. tube is a little on the pricey side, but still within the realm of decency. Will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by blissful3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My curly hair people...isn't it the worst when you start loving a product for your curly hair and then it becomes discontinued or they change the formula? Well that is what happened to me...

I used to use the Umberto Beverly Hills Curl Lotion for over a year now and it was my HG curly hair product. It gave me the kind of curls I wanted...shiny and perfect! Well...they have changed the formula and now it has become a waste of a product.

Long story short, I did some research and stumbled upon the Marc Anthony Curl Envy and love it! It is my third time using it so far and I love what it does for my hair. I have 3B curls and they are loving this product. What I like the most that there are no parabens and it is very moisturizing. I don't mind the smell at all, plus it goes away minutes after you put it into your hair. I probably will update this in a few months to see if I am still loving it but so far so good!

I give it a 4/5 because this review is still preliminary.

************UPDATE***************

It has been over a month and I am STILL loving this! Makes my hair so soft and holds the curl without being crunchy. It gets a 5 from me now. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by jubjubsie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought the Perfect Curl Cream for "coarse, frizzy hair" which pretty much describes my hair. People with curly hair either want to tame the curl or to enhance it, so one has to look carefully to distinguish between these opposite results. That is why the model's photo on the package was misleading--it showed full, spiraling, bouncy curls cascading down. This product not only does not produce such a look, it would in my opinion work against such an effect.

The creme's scent was sour and unpleasant, the texture was heavy, weighing down my curls, and it did not produce any "shine" as promised. Eight dollars (approx) down the drain.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by Sarada372

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It works great on my hair, before I always used to straighten my hair since it was so frizzy but after combining the garnier fructis sleek and shine anti-frizz serum and curls envy the frizz was completely eliminated and my curls looks so perfect :D

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ksquared86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product after deciding that as much as I love my HG Fekkai Luscious Curls creme, it was too expensive at nearly $30 a pop. I wanted to like Curl Envy, because it smells amazing and feels lightweight in your hands. It was not lightweight in my hair, however. Less than halfway through the day, all my curls fell flat (I have pretty wavy hair that I can get quite curly using a diffuser), and my hair looked greasy and weighed down. Considering I didn't use much, that's not good. I returned it after two days. Very disappointing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 6:11:00 PM More reviews by amester1974

This product works well with my thick coarse curly hair. I am please to find something economically priced that works. Smells good too.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by TraciLeigh

This is absolutely horrible. I have naturally wavy hair and with a little bit of help it can look quite curly with a diffuser. Well, I'm glad I kept the receipt on this cream because it will be going back. I wanted to love it because it smells absolutely delicious- a light lemon scent. I'll actually be trying more of their products just because of the scent. Anyway, this curl cream left my hair weighed down and frizzy. It has mineral oil in it so I'm assuming that is the reason. If you have super thick, dry hair this might be perfect for you. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. I think the price is very reasonable.