Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Envy

3.9

on 8/31/2015 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I can't rave enough about this. I use only a small amt ( two peas) for my thick, coarse hair which is somewhere in between a 2A and 2b type curl. the smell is not at all unpleasant and doesn't linger long at all. I blow my hair dry on cold setting and it comes out smotth, slightly wavy and NO lingering fell of something in the hair.

For 9 bucks, I think it'll really amount to only pennies a day. A tube of this I estimate should last for 6 mos with daily use.

If I'm staying home for the day, I just apply it to wet hair, finger comb and twirl the curls a bit and let it dry. A pick lifts it nicely and the hair feels like just hair and it's not drying at all.

I do believe my search for a curly hair product is over.

So far, no scalp breakout either.

on 8/26/2015 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have tried A LOT of products to boost and defrizz my waves/curls. This is the best one I've tried so far, including a few high end products. For $10 Canadian, I will always make sure I have a bottle of this stuff on hand. It makes nice soft curls, with NO CRUNCH! The only reason I didn't give it 5 lippies is because there is still a bit of frizz, so it's not perfect, but it's pretty darn close!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is the ONLY product that has reached HG status for me. I'm very fickle when it comes to cosmetics and hair products, always trying something new and looking for something better. Once I found this product, my search has been over for a hair styling product. My hair is long, fine, thick and curly, with a huge tendency to frizz. I hate any amount of crunch. This gives my curls lasting definition, eliminates frizz, and NO CRUNCH! Perfect! I apply a quarter sized dollop evenly through my hair. Comb through with a wide tooth comb and dry with a diffuser. If time allows, I just dry partially and let it air-dry the rest of the way. I have lost count of how many times I've repurchased. I find it at Ulta and CVS, and it is relatively inexpensive. Ulta often runs a BOGO and I stock up. I start feeling anxious when I imagine this being discontinued!

on 12/13/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my go to styling product. I've tried so many different lotions and creams for my 3b curls and this is the best one I've stuck with. It leaves my curls super soft, but also defined into that nice "S" shape. I find that my curl maintains throughout the day AND for 1-2 days after without washing (bear in mind I sleep on a satin pillowcase and "pineapple" my hair at night). The scent isn't very strong, which is great and feels nothing like a gel. I apply it on wet hair after the shower, raking it through large sections and scrunching up. Then I squeeze out extra product and water with a t-shirt. I do think it's a bit expensive for a drugstore brand, so I clear the shelves when it's on sale.

on 8/1/2014 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Yowza! This stuff is magnificent!!!

I purchased this on a whim whilst shopping for products to tame my fro and lay the smackdown on my frizz and curls. It was so inexpensive I really didn't have any high expectations. Boy o' boy what a pleasant surprise this was! I used it on my damp hair when I jumped out of the shower. I did as instructed and scrunched my curls after application, then I threw my hair up into my turbo twist towel and went about my biz. When I removed the TT I was met with the softest hair and amazingly defined curls. Lemmie tell ya I so didn't expect such great results! My hair was also shiny and smelled lovely.

This is a great leave in and an even better curl definer. It beats expensive high end products such as Living Proof No Frizz leave in ($24). I didn't expect this to be a softener or conditioning in any way but it was/is. And its only $7!!! Try it, you won't be disappointed.

on 2/23/2014 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

For years I have been searching for a product that was like Tigi small talk, but with slightly less cones and better hold. Small talk was almost perfect except for that, and with anything else I would have just mixed with strong hold gel and been happy. But small talk is incompatible with almost every other styling product in the known universe, so the search went on.

And so....we have this curl cream. Good hold, good frizz control, decent smell. Does not make my hair go limp yet also controls the pouf well. It does build up if used daily though...hence the 4 instead of 5.

on 6/18/2013 4:33:00 PM

I'm in love, I've been searching for a curl cream for ages. My hair is super curly but not overly thick. Most products weight down my hair leaving the top extremely flat and the bottoms crunchy and poofy (triangle) and of course, frizz. I found this and run it through my hair after I shower using the shampoo and conditioner from the same line. It leave my hair full, soft, no frizz and the curls look amazing! Very impressed! Great price and great product

on 6/7/2013 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As most curly-haired ladies know, the search for hair products is never ending. Either you find something you need TONS of to manage your hair (I laugh my ass off at the manufacturers' directions of using "dime-sized" or "quarter-sized" amounts), or it is something that performs reasonably well, or it is something that just stops being effective after a while. My hair is thick but soft, large curls but obscene amounts of frizz. OBSCENE.

This product is HG-worthy for me, simply because it has managed to do the one thing no other product has been able to accomplish for me thus far: it keeps my frizz under control without weighing my hair down. Other products that manage frizz just never give me the desired volume, so I have to sometimes resort to using a diffuser and well- so much for frizz control. I took one lippie off because even though it manages my fly-away frizz, it could use some help with defining the curls. I apply a handful after I shower, usually before bed, and in the mornings I add some Garnier Sleek & Shine Leave-in Conditioner to help give my curls some shape. But again, it's great at controling the crazy, stray hairs that drive you nuts and it allows you to have volume. $9USD for a 6oz. tube is a little on the pricey side, but still within the realm of decency. Will purchase again.

on 2/18/2013 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My curly hair people...isn't it the worst when you start loving a product for your curly hair and then it becomes discontinued or they change the formula? Well that is what happened to me...

I used to use the Umberto Beverly Hills Curl Lotion for over a year now and it was my HG curly hair product. It gave me the kind of curls I wanted...shiny and perfect! Well...they have changed the formula and now it has become a waste of a product.

Long story short, I did some research and stumbled upon the Marc Anthony Curl Envy and love it! It is my third time using it so far and I love what it does for my hair. I have 3B curls and they are loving this product. What I like the most that there are no parabens and it is very moisturizing. I don't mind the smell at all, plus it goes away minutes after you put it into your hair. I probably will update this in a few months to see if I am still loving it but so far so good!

I give it a 4/5 because this review is still preliminary.

************UPDATE***************

It has been over a month and I am STILL loving this! Makes my hair so soft and holds the curl without being crunchy. It gets a 5 from me now. :)

on 11/4/2012 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the Perfect Curl Cream for "coarse, frizzy hair" which pretty much describes my hair. People with curly hair either want to tame the curl or to enhance it, so one has to look carefully to distinguish between these opposite results. That is why the model's photo on the package was misleading--it showed full, spiraling, bouncy curls cascading down. This product not only does not produce such a look, it would in my opinion work against such an effect.

The creme's scent was sour and unpleasant, the texture was heavy, weighing down my curls, and it did not produce any "shine" as promised. Eight dollars (approx) down the drain.

Popular Styling Products