August 2, 2014 | 1594 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Pure Confection Highlighting Face Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

This is a 'dupe' for MAC lightscapade; I honestly liked this better!
    (MAC's barely showed up on my skin at all no matter how much I put on. If it showed at all, it just looked chalky). Pure Confection is what I wanted lightscapade to be, and more! It is so glowey, and pretty frosty. It is not glittery just very shimmery. The texture is perfect. One swipe and you get plenty of product, it isn't 'hard' like many baked products seem to be. It comes in a nice small compact that I can see lasting a long time. It is discontinued but can be found on eBay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by SteffStarrr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference, I'm an NC35 asian with some olive undertones. This highlighter swatches a champagne color which can be a little too ashy on my skin if I apply too much. However, if I apply this lightly, it gives me a really pretty glow. For about $9, this is a really great highlighter-it's extremely pigmented and has no glitter in it, only shimmer. If you sheer it out, it just leaves you with a subtle glow that's really gorgeous. I just wish it wasn't discontinued :/

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I think this product is great for highlighting but i wish it was a lot bigger cause for $8.99 at rite aid it sucks that the size is so small. I would have gotten the second one but i didn't wanna pay the price and since it's a limited edition and i never find it when stores have bogo sale i can't stock up. Gives a shimmery glow to face and eyes and it just brightens it up. Get it if you ever see it and if you ever see it when there's a bogo sale, stock up cause this product is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by TahneeT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product IMO has shimmer and very fine glitter, nothing too OTT. Mine produces a nice shimmery glow, fairly neutral, use on my brow bone mostly. Wouldn't purchase again because it doesn't hold a candle to other highlighters that are less expensive (not that this was over priced, just not a must-have). Average at best.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2009 12:02:00 PM More reviews by shellslove

Honestly? This is what Lightscapade WISHES it was!!! LOVE this highlighter! I bought it on a whim from my rite aid yesterday (I will have to update as I know this is too soon to review - but I HAD to say SOMETHING about it!) This was the last one left and it had no label and I was like, ooohhh what's this?? Trying to be a lightscapade MSF dupe, huh? BUT - this is MUCH more pigmented, creamier, and has more of a metallic sheen! Not chalky like the MSF - and gives my skin a 'luminous' glow when applied over any blush and on my temples (I use a fan brush.) Not disco ball glitter - just a pretty shimmer. I also like this as a brow bone highlighter/eyshadow.

There are veins of pink, yellow, green running throughout the powder highlighter. I wish there was a little more pink in mine - but I'm sure this varies by each individual container. One reviewer mentioned this made her look green, and I could see that. You do need to play around with it a little and look closely at which one you pick out as each will be a little different. I like how the lid to this product is clear so you are able to choose carefully. Overall though, this gives a very pretty shimmery highlight w/o being OTT. And for $8.99? I'm obviously sold ;)

Update* still loving this but not reaching for it quite as much as I thought I would - I kind of forget about it. When I do use it though, it still has the same great effect. Loving it for a brow bone and tear duct (inner corner) highlight too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 3:28:00 AM More reviews by MrsLayneStaley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very nice highlighter w/ no glitter. Leaves a slight shimmery glow on my fair complexion. I wear Ivory or Porcelain (the lightest shade in any foundation;) and this is the first highlighter to work for me. I have 'Brighten' but, in the package, it looks too over the top for me maybe. I put it up on swaplist and kept this one. I found it at Walgreen's for under $10. It seems that this was more difficult to find than 'Brighten', but I'll repurchase if possible;) Hope it's not LE. Highly recommend for fair/light complexions and those who want subtle shimmer/glow...w/o glitter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 9:49:00 PM More reviews by ripsgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Even if you are like me and already own a million highlighters RUN and get this!!! It is so pretty and for 8.99 well worth the price to have in your arsenal. This gives such a pretty glow and is neutral enough for cool or warm tones. No chunky glitter either which is good because at 42 that just looks silly on me.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 6:53:00 PM More reviews by PlaysWithMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a highlighter to make me look luminous and I must say this is what I was looking for.

I have a tan complexion (filipino) so it's hard to find a highlighter that doesn't look chalky or ashy on my skin, or doesn't fade or get washed out due to my skin color. This highlighter gives the right amount of shimmer and luminousity. Nothing garish, not glittery, and its very hard to put too much of this on (it is actually subtle. my boyfriend actually told me the other day that I'm glowing, and couldn't figure it out!). The results I wanted and was looking for was a nice glow, something shimmery (but not glittery!) and highlight whenever the light hits my face, and that is exactly what I got with this.

You might think the pink and blue veins in the powder might skew the coloring a bit, but in fact it does not. All in all, a great product that is very affordable that delivers great the results. The size of this is not too big, but not small either. I apply it with a blush brush (or you can use a bronzer brush or a kabuki brush) and apply on the top of my cheeks, over my MAC desert rose blush. I would suggest applying over your fav blush :)

This highlighter makes me feel angelic, and any make up product that can boost my confidence and make me feel good is definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 2:22:00 AM More reviews by chelbellboo

another great product, works just as well as the bigger brighten version. but this one has a more golden tone to it. absolutely lovelove loveit. this is such a purse friendly size. i take it everywhere. for me a must have in my bag. revlon just keeps getting it right. they had me with the skinlights line, they reeled me in with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2009 10:49:00 PM More reviews by kimby83

Ok i ris brand new and this is my first highlighter i LOVE this it gives me what i have been looking for in a shimmery blush but it is just a highlighter i wear it over my smashbox famous blush also my MAC springsheen and its the bomb!!! love this will buy again if i can ever find it again