November 23, 2014 | 1715 users online

Styling Products - Kevin Murphy - Body.Guard

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Bellaluxe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product if you have dry hair and want to improve the texture without coating it in silicone. It absorbs almost instantly and leaves my lengths hydrated without build up. It doesn't have a wow factor which is probably why it has such crappy reviews but it's an awesome foundation product because it does what it claims but doesn't interfere with anything you layer over it. I have so much more control over fly always and frizz since incorporating this in without sacrificing volume or adding weight. I will repurchase, regardless of cost because of reliability and the cumulative effects.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:10:00 AM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe the bad reviews on this - i love it so much I bought a litre of it! It's the most amazing product ever, it completely sinks into the hair with no trace and smells amazing yet has significantly improved my hair texture over time. I no longer have weird frizzy patches in the bangs. I use this as a first step and layer any other products over top and it never feels heavy. Seriously best ever!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Dianaphamfatale

For the price, this is a very 'meh' product. It doesn't really do anything - if I had to scrape the bottom of the barrel, I'd say that it made my hair slightly softer... but that's about it. There's nothing amazing about it.

It's incredibly pricey for the very little content you get.

In fact, I find a lot of the kevin murphy products incredibly underwhelming.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by ImSoBrunette

I used to work at a salon where I would get products for 40% off the retail price and even at that price I would purchase this again. The smell is horrendous; the only thing I can liken it to is something you pick up from the apothecary. It smells almost herbal. It claims to cut drying time and, granted, I do have long hair but I noticed no such thing. It also claims to guard from mechanical damage and to be hydrating. It was slightly hydrating but I still saw damage from my hot tools and saw my ends split after uses. If you're looking for a heat protectant from the Kevin Murphy line cough up for the $39 and go for the Young Again. It'll last you forever and it'll actually does what it claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by terraandkevin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great stuff for air drying on short, straight hair but goes quickly. Nice protection from daily drying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Was talked into buying this at a salon after a haircut. I was looking for a product to use on wet hair to help with styling, heat protection and frizz. This is not that product. It smells good but does nothing that I had hoped.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2010 10:05:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this from a friend who has short hair, and who didn’t find this product worked for her. Unfortunately, it doesn’t work well for my long thick hair either. It does feel nice and light, and it absorbs quickly on damp hair leaving it feel airy. However, it does NOTNING in terms of frizz control. In fact, I think it might even be promoting frizziness… The smell is herbal; not too bad, but not my favourite either.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua)(Eau), Cinchona Succirubra (Peruvian Bark) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Dimethiconal, Glycerin, Sodium Polyacrylate (and) Cyclopentasiloxane (and) Trideceth-6, Squalane (Vegetable), Camellia Sinensis Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolised Silk, PEG/PPG-18/18 , Phospholipids, Tocopherol, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Cinnamomum Zeyladicum Bark Oil, Juniperus Virginiana Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Canaga Odorata Flower Oil, Myristica Fragrens (Nutmeg) Kernal Oil, Styrax Benzoin Resin Extract, Citronellol, Limonene