October 21, 2014 | 1712 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Cream in Lili Marlene

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Erythropolish

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous color and very smooth application, but it does crease. It's a little better with nars primer, but will still leave a big, ugly crease within 4 hours. Without primer, I'm lucky if it lasts an hour without creasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2010 3:27:00 AM More reviews by bluemelon

I was hesitant about purchasing any Nars cream eyeshadows due to reading reviews about the easy creasing of Nars eyeshadows, however I saw a video by a Nars makeup artist doing a smokey eye for brown eyes & this is one of the products used to make brown eyes pop - and I loved the look so much I had to try it.

There is no doubt Lili Marlene is a gorgeous colour - as described on the Nars website, it is a matte storm grey. It's the perfect tone of grey for brown eyes & bringing them out more. The texture is really nice - easy to apply & is richly pigmented. However I also found that staying power is virutually non-existent - even with Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion underneath (which makes even a poor quality powder eyeshadow stay put), it creased within an hour. t just doesn't really set from cream to powder finish - it dries, but still retains that creamy texture. So the only way to make this stay on longer is to use it as a base underneath powder eyeshadow.

The Nars makeup artist in the video used Lili Marlene first as a base, and then layered the blue shade of Nars Underworld duo on top - and it looked amazing. So I purchased Underworld also & tried the look - and it definitely made for an unbelievable smokey eye - makes my brown eyes pop. It did improve the lasting power of Lili Marlene. So I would purchase Lili Marlene again, but to use underneath a powder shadow, as it just doesn't stay on its own. But it's definitely a gorgeous, rich shade of grey though. I hope that Nars look into the formulation of their cream eyeshadows, because there are some great colours available & it's shame I can't wear them on their own, because they just don't stay put!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by GPD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was a little weary of this as it is a blue toned kind of gray. But it's absolutely faaaaaabulous! It totally looks gorgeous on my brown eyes. It gives nice definition to my eyes without the harshness of black. This is a matte shade, which I think is the reason why it doesn't crease as badly as the shimmery ones ie corfu. This is beautiful as the other reviewers mentioned as a smudgey liner look as well. Stunning! Price-y at $22 a pop but I love it none-the-less. (nc30-ish)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by cheyette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This color is good if you are looking for a smudgy smokey look. I can't really get a defined look with this because it's a cream shadow, but, if you're kind of lazy like me sometimes and you don't have time to do a full smokey eye, you can put nymphea on first and then pat in Lili Marlene and smoke out the product. Then you can run out the door late for work like I do after that. :) Pretty okay for a unique product. I don't see a lot of dark cream e/s that are really pigmented on the market.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

As much as I love NARS, there's no denying that their cream shadows are their weak point. However, I do like Lili Marlene because I bought it to use as a smudgeable liner, or as a base for other grays. Alone, none of their cream liners stay put, but as a base for other colors they are ok. I use Lili Marlene to boost the color of other grey's that I have, and as a smoked out liner on my lower lid (where I don't have to worry about creasing). If you are looking for a cream color for the lid, look elsewhere. But as a base color or a liner, this is a decent choice.