December 21, 2014 | 955 users online

Sunscreen - Paula's Choice - Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 45

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I HAD THE SAMPLE
This is an ordinary broad spectrum sunscreen. It will last a long time(depending on how long it takes for you to burn; very fair skin will burn quicker.) It does contain antioxidants and everything else 'Paula' recommends.
EDIT : This sunscreen SPF factor was updated to a SPF 50 I believe.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by yazmin77

I love this sunscreen so much'
It's the only thing that does not not cause breakouts or aggravate existing blemishes!
It sets off to a soft matte finish but it's not at all drying, very pleasant to use!
It works very well under makeup and works just as well as a day time moisturiser!
I think this is the best sunblock on the market, nothing comes close to this beauty!
A must to try if your skin type is normal/oily and acne prone!
Your skin will thank you.
ps, this works so well at providing broad spectrum sun protecton, I'm from the UK so we don't get much sun, however lately we've been getting some very hot days, this works exceptionally well at preventing me from burning/tanning!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think the SPF product has changed several times. I think its now SPF50.

Ugh! I'm a loyal PC fan but this s/s is NOT it! Whomever named this product "non greasy" needs to be fired. It is SO GREASY. I have dry skin. I almost never breakout but I think acne prone peeps would really have trouble with this s/s.

I contacted customer service about wanting a higher SPF product b/c I spend a good deal of time outdoors. They recommended this product.

It will not apply over my serum. I've tried letting it sink in more. It just balls up. I have never had a s/s (or any product) do this before. Such a pain to have to wash my face and start all over (not to mention wasted serum which is $$$).

In fairness, this product is probably meant to be more of a body suncreen (it is large tube).

Won't repurchase. Probably should have sent back. I will use on my face at pool this summer. I do prefer physical s/s which this product is.

FYI: If you are looking for a hydrating, physical s/s, PC Skin Recovery is wonderful! It has SPF 30 (MUA may still have it listed as SPF 15 - it increased a year or two ago). For high SPF s/s, I've used Neutrogena "dry touch" or something like that with OK results. Its a chemical s/s and I can't use that every day w/o cheeks getting sensitive after a week or so. Also makes my eyes sensitive (contact lens wearer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2012 12:47:00 AM More reviews by rachaelvictorious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This sunscreen sucks. It always feels greasy on my skin (like every other Paula's Choice sunscreen I've used) and makes me break out.

UNT sunscreen (I use the Perfect tint) is a superior product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by lemonz4us

I bought this on sale for like 6 bucks a bottle. I'm looking for a holy Grail body sunscreen or lotion with spf I can wear easily all year round. I don't think this qualifies .
It has stabilized ( thanks to the octocrylene) broad spectrum (avobenzone for UVA) protection . Spf 45 and a calculated PPD of about 9 . Pretty good for something from the US.
It comes in a tube with a screw on top. I'm not happy about that I would prefer a flip top. Or press open top. It has some AOX in it but the feel is just ugh! It's chalky feeling and when I put this on it feels dry yet greasy on the top. Which is something I wanted to avoid . It's very whitening initially but goes away. Thank god I only use this on my body. I would never put this near my face. I'll use my euro ss for that. I'll finish up my four bottles as spring continues and summer comes but I will not repurchase . On paper this seems like the perfect ss. Stable, broad spectrum, antioxidants, but the base formulation for this ss is weak. Come on paula this Is 2012, not the old days with dry greasy ss. Great childhood memories, but yuck! It needs to be more moisturizing . Yet she insists on keeping her cheap silicones and drying agents . Oh well. It's a shame because it's a bargain too. 12$ for 5oz
The search for the perfect body spf continues !

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by missixty5

I had bought a few samples of this sunscreen and then jumped on it when it was on sale for 40% off. It has been a very good buy! I'm pregnant right now so a good strong sunscreen was definitely in order to help avoid any skin colorations especially in AZ. I did notice that when i applied this over my daytime lotion i had quite an impressive sheen on my face but a little primer took care of that before putting on my face makeup for the day. I would definitely recommend it especially when it is on sale because you get a lot for your money.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2011 11:25:00 AM More reviews by cassiopeya

This is the only sunscreen that BURNS and stings like hell on my face after putting it on for maybe 15 minutes! I hate it.. I do not have sensitive skin and with any other sunscreen I do not have this problem. I first liked it because it is quite cheap and has antioxidants in it too but it feels greasy and shiny on my face and the packaging is really awful to handle. I usually like all the stuff from paula but this i do not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by apabbott

This is one of my top five products. I am light complected, am battling acne, hyperpigmentation, large pores and combo skin. I have never been able to wear ANY ss for very long due to itching, burning, and clogged pores. I wear PC skin balancing spf 15, which is also beautiful, but wanted something very similar with higher spf for the summer. This is milky, light, and doesn't leave any white cast on me.(I am pale though) No clogged pores or pimples. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by dragonflygirl7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product to use for days when my family and I are outdoors in the spring and summer. I have been extremely happy with this sunscreen because it is lightweight, stable and absorbs easily into the skin. I can use the amount that is recommended for correct protection and not feel like I have smothered my skin. I use this on my face over my serum and it doesn't make my skin more oily, nor does it leave any trace whatsoever on my dry/combination skin. I love the fact that it has a high protection factor, but is virtually invisible under my liquid makeup, powder, TM, or whatever I happen to wear on top, while also including antioxidants, but no parabens :) This winter, my hope is that I won't need an additional moisturizer with this. I may try her new Moisture Boost Daily Restoring Complex w/spf 20 for colder, drier days. I would repurchase, but hope they change the packaging to a flip top rather that the screw top it now has, while still allowing it to stand on end. Definitely worth trying if you want a sunscreen you can forget you are wearing!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 5:02:00 AM More reviews by caradiangela

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall, this product is really effective and I love the consistency of it. It's quite milky and sinks in immediately. Imo, it does leave a slightly white cast 'tough. Another con is that for me it's not quite suitable to use on my cheeks. I donīt know why, maybe the product is too drying for my sensitive skin, but it causes my cheeks to flake. But I can still, and with very good results, use it on the rest of my face and my body. Doesnt sting, itch, break me out or feel tacky. I just feel very protected againts the sun. Therefore I give this 4 lippies.