Sephora Professional flat liner eyeliner brush #16

3.3

on 7/16/2013 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I use this purely for tightlining. It works great for that with my gel eyeliners. I haven't tried it with cake eyeliners yet. I like that it has a bit of the firmness - I think it helps with the tightling process however I can understand why some people feel it's a bit scratchy/stiff. I've had this a couple of years and it's held up well. If I had to nitpick, one or 2 hairs is starting to fray from the rest of the brush.

I think I paid between $16-19 CAD for this.

on 1/2/2013 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I rarely return things but I brought this brush back to Sephora. I needed an eyeliner brush that was thin and precise and this was not it. It frayed out when the product was on the brush and didn't make a straight, thin line like i wanted. The bristles were also very scratchy and hurt my eye! I've purchased a lot of brushed from Sephora in the past and I really liked them but this one didn't make the cut.

BTW: Sephora brushed now come with a snap on protector! I really love this new feature. It projects the bristles while traveling and makes sure that the product on your brush doesn't get all over your makeup bag. Very nice!

on 11/28/2012 12:50:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Not a big fan. it creates nice lines for liner but it's too long, I need this brush with half the width.

on 11/15/2012 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Sigh. I bought this based on great reviews. Alas it's an unpleasant brush to use - much, much too stiff and scratchy to use on the eye. It's also a bit awkward anyway, being a square shape rather than angled. I'm not sure what alternative use to put it to. :(
(Where/who did those good reviews come from? Or was this brush ever different than it is now?!)

on 9/18/2010 11:28:00 PM

PROS: Great for tightlining. Holds up well.

CONS: No lid. A little stiff.

ALTERNATES: If you want a softer brush, try Laura Mercier's Pointed Eyeliner Brush (I think that's the name.) If you want something like this that is a bit softer but costs more, try Trish McEvoy's #11 brush is fantastic.

on 5/1/2010 9:44:00 PM

I thought the bristles on this brush were too stiff - too stiff to use with a gel liner like Smashbox's Jet Set and too stiff to use with a powder liner like Bare Escentuals liner shadows. So stiff, in fact, that I hurt myself using this brush and was afraid that I had cut myself along my lash line.

on 12/30/2009 4:15:00 PM

This brush has a very flat, thin top with firm brushes. I understand why some people think the bristles are too stiff, but I like them stiff because it makes it easier for me to apply my L'Oreal HIP cream eyeliner very precisely on my upper lashlines. While not the cheapest eyeliner brush around, it is among the cheapest and best quality you will be able to find that has a completely flat top as opposed to the more common angled eyeliner brushes. It picks up a fair amount of product and deposits it smoothly and evenly.

on 10/17/2009 4:59:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I use this brush with the smash box gel eyeliner. It does it's job as it is super flat and allows me to draw a thin or thick line across my eye. However, it is so stiff that when applying gel eyeliner to the bottom of my eye, it actually makes me tear up. Unlike some, I actually don't like the fact that it's white. After a while, the black liner stays onto the brush and no matter how many times I wash and rewash, there's still a hint of black on the brush.

I don't think I will repurchase this brush again if the one I have ever becomes too worn out to use. Instead, I might look into angled flat brushes (and preferrably a dark colored one!). But overall, it's a good brush that does it's job. I never tried using it with eyeshadow or blending, just mainly for my gel eyeliner.

on 9/27/2009 4:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

The bristles are way too firm for my liking. Even when I applied gel eyeliner gently, it still made my lids uncomfortable. Didn't like the shape of the brush either - it didn't suit the shape of my eye and I had a hard time trying to draw a decent line. I'll just stick to angled eyeliner brushes from now on. This one's just not for me.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't understand why there are so little reviews for this brush. It's firm, making application much easier. It works well with cream liners, gel liners, or just blending out pencil liners.