November 27, 2014 | 933 users online

Eye Shadow - Almay - intense i-color for brown eyes "Purple Amethyst"

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by violetnights

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am surprised by the lackluster reviews. I have used this product 7+ years, before I even knew there was such a thing as high-end makeup! And now I have many such HE palettes, and I still find myself reaching for this trio. I think that the colors are beautiful and complement each other well. The colors are easy to cool up or warm down adding different shades of gray or brown. I really enjoy this trio and I tend to attract compliments when I use it. For a few dollars, I recommend this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2012 9:05:00 PM More reviews by ilikestripes5

The colours look so pretty in the package but there is so little pigmentation, everything just fades into a slight shimmer. Not only is there not much pigmentation, but it also creases a lot. Very disappointing product.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by laurenmn

I rather like this product. Looks natural and makes my eyes noticable, with the eyeliner as well. I like the purples, I don't feel they look too heavy if applied with a better brush. Invest in some good eyeshadow brushes and your eyes will pop :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by dbnsjsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used Almay for Browns in the past, and really loved the first trio they came out with that had one purple shade for the lid and brown for the crease. When I saw this set with the all-purple shades, I couldn't wait to try it. Unfortunately, this wasn't right for me. Right off the bat, I could barely (and can still barely) open the eyeshadow, which sticks shut and I have to pry open. The applicator is tiny and from past experience with my other Almay for Browns kits, it's only a matter of time before the foam goes flying off into the great unknown. Now to the actual eyeshadow. I knew it would be a bit dramatic, since it is all purple shades, but it seems that no matter how lightly I apply, it looks like I'm competing in a Jersey Shore look-a-like competition. (No offense to Jersey Shore fans.....I watch it too!). It's just too much for me, although I would maybe use it if I was going out at night (to a club to fist-pump).

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Maylihn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The colors look gorgeous... in the package. I purchased it for a Christmas party look and ended up wearing something else because the colors just didn't look right. The shadow doesn't stay on for very long but is a real pain to remove! The brush that comes with it is so rough that I tossed it out after one use. I was very disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This trio is great for a smoky charcoal purple look. Great for sensitive eyes, no irritation. I like to use these colours fir day wear as they are subtle - not highly pigmented. Overall, a very nice set of colours.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by missjenlee

I was searching for eyeshadow with several qualities: hypoallergenic, decently priced, bright in colour and would bring out the browns in my eyes - and Almay's intense i-color has met all of my criteria! The combination of colours really do make my brown eyes stand out, and I'm so happy I'm not allergic to the ingredients! I have tried Elf eyeshadow which made the area around my eyes break out, and believe me, it's not that easy to make that area break out unless there's a really terrible ingredient in it! Almay's eyeshadow colours are shimmery and quite pigmented, which I like, so I would recommend this particular product to anyone with brown eyes =) I didn't give it 5/5 because I think it can be even more pigmented, but otherwise, I love it! =)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2011 1:30:00 PM More reviews by hotpinkluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The colors are really pretty and i have not really seen another shade that looks like the darker purple in this. But the shadow does not seem to stay on well at all. After just a few hours it seems to have faded alot.I do not have a eyeshow primer right now but im hopeing that when i get some this shadow will stay on better. Overall pretty colors that do make brown eyes standout but not good staying power.I would maybe buy this agian if i cant find a better purple color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 1:47:00 AM More reviews by violetfairygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My old standby! I've been wearing purple eyeshadow since I started wearing makeup, and I love the shades in this combo. I'm particularly fond of the dark purple, which I use to set the matching Almay eyeliner. They really do complement brown eyes, as well as my fair skin.

I was actually pretty impressed with the staying power of these. I didn't use a primer for the longest time, and while the color would crease (like most shadows on my eyes) after a couple of hours, it would still be there almost 8 hours later.

Still have one of these in my makeup case for when I start using purples on my eyes again, and will buy again when I run out. It's like an old friend that always understands me.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Juicylover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The colors did show up but not a lot. They are all very pretty colors together but the only color that shows up the most is the dark brown. I like my wet n wild eye expressions pallet in sand castle better. Ps almay was 7.50 and wet n wild was 4.99. Beat that- almay