December 18, 2014 | 1647 users online

Makeup Brushes - Revlon - Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by beautybrown

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall this is a good starting brush for teenagers like me. It's very inexpensive. Although I don't have much experience with brushes and such this feels great to the touch. I first apply my liquid foundation with my fingers then I use the kabuki brush to set my powder foundation. This also works good to blend in liquid foundation, but not good for actually applying. For the price of this brush which I purchased for about 6$. I would say the quality is very usable. I've had minimal shedding and I've had this brush for almost 3 months! This brush is also on the smaller side compared to regular kabuki brushes but it gets the job done and is pretty dense! I would purchases again in a heartbeat!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by 4tee1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this brush also that has the red metal casing at the bottom. I love buki brushes, I have owned several. I use them to apply my Bare Minerals foundation. With this particular brush I started noticing that most of the foundation was staying in the makeup cap, adhered to it like glue! I have used a huge amount of foundation since I started using this brush. I have done nothing else different! Then I started noticing little balls forming in the bristles of this brush that would stick on my skin whan I buffed my foundation on! Then the shedding started, this morning I picked 5 black brush hairs off my face which is very irritating! I have only used this brush for a few weeks so it should not really need cleaning yet, now I am thinking if I clean it, it will fall completely apart? This one is going in the trash. It was not expensive like the BE brushes but too expensive to throw in the trash after using for two weeks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The version I have, is called the Luxe Kabuki or something... not like the one pictured. It has a redtone metal casing. Good enough, fluffy & light for applying my staple Bare Minerals foundation...but it sheds badly. I ended up looking like i hv a serious case of eyebrow-shedding or sumthin. It's just oh-kay. cant stand the shedding though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2011 12:44:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Great quality for the price. I've had this brush for about a year. No sheading or problems of any kind.

I use it to apply powder foundation over my liquid foundation. It works perfectly, and never turns out cakey with this method. Definitely a must have for your makeup routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 5:10:00 AM More reviews by alee26

Must have! I keep this in my purse makeup bag for powder touch ups when needed. Its soft and dense to provide me with a nice decent coverage. Doesn't feel scratchy at the slightest! Washed a couple of times already with very little shedding over the years that I have had this. Quite impressed at how long it has lasted me since I use it almost everyday.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 12:12:00 PM More reviews by throughbeingcool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This brush is okay for the price. It's soft and dense. It has survived a few washes, but it sheds like crazy when washing, and on my face when I'm applying powder. Other than that I really like this brush, it's very soft. I would repurchase if I couldn't afford a better kabuki.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 11:00:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: A little soft for a kabuki, but I like that. Feels great against the skin. Reasonable price. Comes with a case, although it's not a great one. (But so few companies provide any type of protection or case at all.) Slightly on the small side for a kabuki, which makes this more portable.

CONS: Those who like firm kabukis make find this a bit too soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Kaytee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first Kabuki so I really have nothing to compair it too. I've had this for about two days and i've been using it to make my pressed powder look more natural, and it has been helping along with my baby-oil + water spray. It is quite soft in my opinion, and it sheds a little bit. I'd recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Large domed shape head with densely packed natural bristles just perfect for picking up mineral foundation powder or bronzer and distributing it evenly over the face.

The first one I brought was horribly scratchy but I exchanged for another one which was averagely soft. Just like most natural bristles when theyre brand new you can feel the bristles over your skin, but with a few months of using and washing they soften up like your favourite pair of jeans. No shedding for me.

A good mid-price-range kabuki brush, you won't go wrong with one of these. But not one for gushing love poems about because...
the black glossy base reflects powder & fingerprints LIKE CRAZY!
(clean freaks beware)