Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder - 02 Stay Neutral

3.2

on 7/17/2015 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in Stay Buff, the same color I've been using since I was a teenager. Every time I attempt to find a drugstore replacement, I come back to this and realize how much better quality it is. There's something about this super-fine powder that keeps me from getting shiny! And it looks so natural. I've tried several upscale brands, including Lancome, Clarins, MAC, etc., and this just beats all for me. It doesn't sit on top so I never have to de-powder my face or worry about looking cakey.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this powder few months ago because I was tired of Bourjois, Max Factor etc type powders, which stay on my skin only for several hours and actually do nothing but damage to it. I have combination skin, so it's not that easy to find a solution.

I give this powder rating 4. Why not 5? Because although it minimizes my pores (which is really nice), doesn't look like flour mask (yes, it does mattifies skin, but in a natural way. Skin still keeps the natural glow!), the staying power is a bit too poor. After 7-8 hours I still have to retouch. May be for someone it may seem ok, but this is the reason why I don't rate it as a perfect powder. Oh, wait - the other reason is that it doesn't have SPF, which means that in order to protect your skin, you should wear a foundation with SPF. I don't like to wear foundation, so this actually is something I have to consider when I look for a new powder.

It does not damage skin. It doesn't make my skin dry on my cheeks and around my mouth. As I mentioned before - it visually minimizes pores (!!). It doesn't have smell, which is both logical and good - I sometimes tend to be allergic to some products. Besides - why should powder smell? Smell means more chemicals. And you don't want that.

For ladies with problematic skin, acne prone skin I would say the following - it may be that your problem is genetic, but may be it's just that you put loads of foundation,powder, concealers and god knows what else to visually hide flaws of your skin, but may be all your skin needs is good cleaning, moisturizing, quality makeup (in reasonable amounts and at reasonable moments) and TIME. Why am I saying so? Because I have been there! I have used loads of &*#@ to cover up my flaws which is like a never-ever-ending story actually - you cover up, things get worse, you cover up more. What I did?
I invested in my skin. I bought Bioderma Sensibio H2O Solution Micellaire to clean my skin, Neutrogena oil-free moisturiser and this exact pressed powder. Month later I get compliments on my porcelain doll like skin. If you're not really pale like I am, you might get better skin look faster, as on my skin everything is visible. May be the exact moisturizer won't work for you - you know better. (I live in northern-europe, take that into account!)

The point of this philosophy was - this powder won't cover up majority of your skin flaws which may be genetic, temporary or related to bad eating or smoking (yes, I have been a smoker and I have experienced enlarged pores around my nose just because of that), but it will mattify and won't damage. Which is the sole purpose of a powder.

Packaging is neat and nice. Comes with sponge which I have never user and mirror. Case is glossy and easily scratched. Packaging quality is nice. Might be re-purchasing.

Take care & I hope my review helps you!

on 11/3/2013 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this pressed powder. It's an oil absorbing powder that spreads evenly and doesn't look overly cakey when it's on (there isn't an insane amount of coverage, but it's not meant for complete coverage anyways...). It's great for quick touch ups and it's a great mattifier.

I have fairly sensitive skin (which is prone to breakouts). This product is great for my sensitive skin. This is definitely one of the better pressed powders out there.

on 10/1/2013 11:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I prefer the powder from MAC instead of this one.. It's expensive and it's not doing something special.. It's good, but not good enough for the price..
It dosen't cover as much as MAC's!..
But the sponge is FANTASTIC!

on 9/6/2013 10:39:00 PM

I buy this product religiously every 2 months. I apply it once a day using a fluffy powder brush and it leaves my skin looking matte for the entire day. I never have to re-apply my foundation because of this power (and my Smashbox primer!!) I'm very satisfied with this powder. My skin is also somewhat prone to acne and this product doesn't clog my pores at all or feel too cake-y. That said, it provides fairly light coverage so if you're looking for a fully matte look, this is not the product for you!

on 6/25/2013 9:21:00 AM

I purchased this product after i was disappoint with the drugstore powders i have tried. The drugstore powders had good coverage but they clogged my pores over time and my skins texture became bumpy. Sooo back to clinique i went just to find out that the powder i liked the superbalanced was discontinued.
On to this product..this product is okay..it does not clog my pores. It just doesn't have much coverage and by midday my nose is shiny. I never had this with my other powders. I also find it hard to pick up product with a brush. I have to push the brush in to the product to get any. Its an okay product and i will finsh it..but after that i will try another clinique powder.

on 1/17/2013 10:48:00 PM

this product wasnt bad at all , i liked how it kept my makeup looking flawless when i applied this on and it didnt make my face oily.

on 11/7/2012 7:07:00 PM

Everything about this powder is wrong unfortunately. Didn't keep my nose matte at all through out the day and the "mattifying" finish to start with isn't matte. I do not get the sponge they include with it either. That is not the kind of applicator you use for a matte finish in my opinion. I had to buy a velour puff just to use with this. Well that was a wasted effort because it still wasn't effective. I ended up exchanging this, which I never do, but I truly didn't have any use for it and didn't think anyone would want to swap for it!
Usually I love Clinique! :(

on 6/22/2012 7:22:00 AM

The only powder I use!! perfect to set makeup, or on top of sunscreen to stop the shine. And it doesn't break me out , I've been using it for years and it suits me just perfect.
Does what it says, keeps your face matte and give it a healthy look.

I actually really like this powder. It's all I basically use. I have oily/combination skin and this keeps the oil at bay for most of the day. I do have to reapply throughout the day, but not as much as when I use cheaper powders. It goes on smooth and no smell - which is a plus. I especially love the color in "invisible matte" because you can reapply as often as you want and doesn't give you an orange-y tint to your face. I will definitely buy again.