April 24, 2014 | 1924 users online

Fragrances - Guerlain - Nahema

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Wowza - what a gorgeous rose scent.
Some years back I had a bottle of vintage Nahema EDP in the black and gold box and I was not fond of it at all. I got metallic rose patchouli or some sort. it really did not smell right to me and I sold it.
Fast forward to Nahema parfum extrait 2013 - turkish rose absolute in all it's glory is what Nahema in extrait i like . it reminds me of Une Rose by Frederic Malle.
As it dries down , more powdery rose emerges- not in a bad way but Nahema goes from lush heaving bosom rose to a more playful pinkish tone . At the end I still smell a little of that metallic note I got from the vintage but it is subtle and pleasant. The dry down is perhaps not so great as Une Rose. Nahema in extrait gets lighter in the dry down and the punch is in the opening. Excellent scent but Une Rose is better all round.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by f4frances

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to like Nahema so badly, on paper it was a dead cert that I would. After searching it out for a long while I finally found and purchased a bottle.

In it's favour I would say it is interesting, it evolves over time, and has different angles...but I didn't like any of them! For me there is a cloying sickly smell like antibiotic syrup for kids (the peach I guess) and there is a pungent, acrid floor polish type smell (the rose)...and I get unpleasant alternating gusts of each. I've tried hard to find the beauty in it - but feel like I've been cruelly tricked.

For references fragrances that I do like and wear: Mitsouko, Boucheron, Chanel No19. Coco Chanel

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2012 12:05:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For me this is another dissapointing Guerlain fragrance. I've tried quite a few over the last few months and my veridict is always the same; very nice but not amazing.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2012 7:00:00 PM More reviews by willowlady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very beautiful but too strong, borderline cloying and dated.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:15:00 AM More reviews by hotrocketship

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought a sample of the EDP from The Perfumed Court after reading the review from Now Smell This about a year ago, and again more recently. When I finally put a tiny drop on my thumb, it was magic. At first there was nothing but a musty chemical smell, then a rose unfolded before my eyes. I almost cried. Once it's rested, the rose fades to a light powdery scent on my skin, but I'm hoping for a longer rose scent with further experiments. Beautiful

*ETA 8/8/13* I don't know why I had this at 3 lippies-I bumped it to 4. Not a 5 because this isn't an all-around perfume, meaning I can't spray it on and feel comfortable in any occasion-it's more of a scent I wear for me, a private delight. This is still one of my all-time favorite scents. I have a vintage mini that I use on certain occasions and when I have hots (money), I will continue to look for more versions of this. If you like rose, if you like glamour, if you like a story to your scent-you should try this. The NST review is here: http://www.nstperfume.com/2008/09/17/guerlain-nahema-perfume-review/

*ETA 9/10/13* (some portions removed because it was a bit spooky, and not in the good Sharon Needles kind of way. Lol) There is nothing as grand, somber (not the perfume-I feel somber when I wear it-seriously appreciative yet sad that it's so expensive and personal that I mustn't wear it as much as I'd like), and absolutely beautiful as Nahema.

ETA 2/25/14 -I'm glad I have the chance to change my words. Having had the opportunity to literally douse myself in Nahema, I've come to the conclusion that although this fragrance will always have a place in my heart, it's not the perfume unicorn I described. It is beautiful and classic and one of the first really high quality perfumes I ever tried, but it's not the most suitable for me. So try it for yourself, process your reaction, wait a bit and then try it again! And see where it takes you :)

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by amlang

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Silky rose, for evening gowns and/or vintage lingerie.

This review is for the parfum version. Nahema feels luxurious. Deep velvety rose, a little juicy at first, and sometimes my skin pulls a bit of spice (cinnamon or cardamom) in the first 10 minutes (though nothing like Lyric or OJ Taíif). Pure rose, in that it hasnít been mixed with wine or musks or anything gourmand. But itís not dewy-fresh either, or at least not for long. Nahema has a diva feel. No sharp edges. Refined.

I donít get the Guerlain base in Nahema, but it has an unmistakeably classic, big perfume house feel to it. Big sillage, tenacious. Iíll never be without it, but I need other rose scents too.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by riveroflethe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Venus floating on a cloud.The rose/peach combination is lush, generous, opulent, but with a sense of humor...like a happy baby playing suds of soap or wide-eyed girl innocently batting her eyelashes. And yet in spite of this caricature-like femininity, Nahema manages to be complex, alluring, erotic. I can see the Sharazadesque quality that inspired the fragrance: the rose continually unfolds, always promising an end yet never quite taking you there and you hold your breath waiting to see what happens next. Absolutely stunning fragrance and an added bonus is that when you wear it, chances are, you are the only one in your town wearing it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by fivezero

I love rose scents, but this was cloying and overly sweet to me...a high-pitched rose-extreme. It's also suffocatingly strong and long lasting; I spritzed it on my wrist and on a card, and it just lasted for ages on both!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by svprior

Nahema turns you into a rose and lasts all day, like a rose, it unfolds revealing more depth, tone and scent. It's so lovely :-) Could be my favourite guerlain, although I adore Jicky and L'Heure Bleue as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2010 3:20:00 AM More reviews by CashQueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I picked up a bottle of the EDP in the gold bottle when in Paris last year and I have only just got around to using it.

Wish I had have opened it sooner - this is a gorgeous floral fruity scent on me with a heavy note of rose but I can still smell the peach, vanilla and lily of the valley.

I have a lot of perfumes and I mean a lot but this is one I will reach for again and again.