September 2, 2014 | 1848 users online

Lip Treatments - Candy Kisses - Any of the Lipbalms

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2005 10:29:00 PM More reviews by GemS

I finally got my hands on these - marked down to 99 cents at Sally's! I got French Vanilla Kiss since that's the only the store had. I know a lot of people complain about the lid being stuck, but luckily I haven't had too much trouble with it. The balm smells pretty good, but not as yummy as I expected (the vanilla scent's a bit artificial). This is the only lipbalm I've tried that actually tastes sweet. Most just smell nice but don't taste like anything. The texture is a bit different from most tin/pot lipbalms IMO. This one looks creamy and opaque where other ones I have almost has a gel-like semi-transparent consistency (like mark Kiss Therapy balm, TBS Born Lippy). When I apply Candie Kisses on my lips, it seems to sink in right away and doesn't provide any shine, which is both good and bad depending on what look I want that day. Overall this a a cute yummy lipbalm and I would like to try other flavours if I ever find them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2005 10:22:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

YUM YUM YUM, oh-and I almost forgot, YUM. These are so nice! The balm looks waxy but once you start to use it, it becomes very creamy and smooth. I have french vanilla, watermelon and strawberry. I'm so glad Sally's stocks these!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2005 8:49:00 PM More reviews by anastasiathepooh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to use these back in middle school only a daily basis and recently found them again at Sally's Beauty Supply. They are my favorite lipbalms EVER! Not only do they smell, look, and taste great they are super moisturizing and give my lips a wonderfully glossy look. My favorite "French Vanilla Kiss" I'm back to wearing it everyday again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2004 4:26:00 PM More reviews by dollfaced41

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I had a tin of Watermelon Candie Kisses in 7th grade that I used every day. It tasted just like Jolly Rancher's candies. The boys sitting in front of me actually ATE it. The whole thing. So much for the advanced class.
Anyway, I recently found them at my grocery store and I of course snapped up a tin. It's pretty much the same nice, balmy consistency as always, but the flavor is different. It isn't as strong and sweet anymore. It tastes kind of waxy now.
I'm a little disappointed, but I guess the company got complaints from people with my same experience and decided it was just too good to keep that way.
Oh, well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2004 11:46:00 PM More reviews by CinderellaSP03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i just recently re-discovered these lip balms! as soon as i smell them, i am taken back to 7th grade. what a great way to feel like i'm 12 again! nostalgia factor aside, i really do like the taste of the balms. i have the Strawberry, Watermelon, and French Vanilla varieties. they leave subtle glossy shine on your lips. the tins can be a bit of a pain because sometimes they don't stay closed. but they're cheap and definitely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2004 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Cherub573

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Candie Kisses! I have several flavors, they give a nice sheen, and the watermelon in particular left a nice tint! They are not really meant for serious moisturizing; my favorite aspect is their delicious flavor!! Boyfriend loves the sweetness on my lips when sharing kisses...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2004 11:20:00 AM More reviews by sugarpie595

These are the best low-cost lip balms I have ever found!

I am addicted to "French Vanilla Kiss"

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2003 11:28:00 PM More reviews by nygymnst

LOL, let's just say my bf liked this so much (strawberry kind) that I actually gave him one that he now uses!! It's a good investment, does its job well, and the smell is just soo yummmy! Seriously wish this stuff tasted like it smelled!! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 8:23:00 PM More reviews by thaliaucla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh! I love Candy Kisses. This has to be my favorite quality + scent lip balm I've ever tried. They are just wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2003 7:18:00 PM More reviews by DanielleWilliams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so surprised to see these at Sally's Beauty Supply - I looked at the package and had a sort of deja vu... I was thinking, omg these look familiar... Because they were! I used to wear these in High School!!! I *had* to get one in French Vanilla for nostalgic purposes... Yum! A true classic :)