Kanebo Lunasol 10th Anniversary Palette

3.0

on 4/5/2009 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this set in Hong Kong for $650HKD from Faces in the Ocean Terminal mall. It was supposed to be on sale from $800HKD..haha, I think they were lying. For the price I paid, I expected a lot out of Lunasol. The first palette I got from them didn't disappoint me and I've read great reviews about Lunasol.
Anyway, this is a eyes, cheeks and lips palette for a natural look. It comes in a shiny coffee brown vinyl pouch with a mirror inside. You can remove the plastic makeup holder inside one day to reuse the pouch. There is a clear plastic piece that covers the shadow and the blush and I kept it so the whole case can be kept clean inside.
I was so eager to get my hands on this palette that I got it on the day it came out, but I ended up being a bit disappointed because the shadows were not as pigmented as I thought. It features 4 shades that includes a highlighter and liner shade, however, 2 of the shades are so similar that you can barely notice a difference when applied. The 2 main shades are sort of a milky coffee color. It applies very smoothly but I can barely notice the color on my eyes. I tried to blend the darker of the 2 shades on the outer corner, but you don't even notice the shade differences. The shades all seem to have golden shimmers to it, but I find that the 2 main shades has very little in it. I don't think the shadows last a long as my other Lunasol palette, which is from the 2008 winter set, even with a primer.
The liner is the Noble Shade liner in a dark brown shade and the mascara is the high stylized mascara EL in black. For some reason, this liner isn't as good as the geminate liner, it seems to crease a bit and it sometimes fades. The mascara isn't anything too special, it doesn't do a superb job at lengthening or curling, but I still use it.
So this almost sounds like a whole lot of money wasted right? Well not really because the blush kind of lived up to my Lunasol expectation. I think it's pretty pigmented and easy to blend, only if I don't get too much onto my brush. The color is a peachy coral shade that comes with 3 strips of colors you can mix, all of which also has a golden undertone to it. The blush lasts all day and I really like it for a natural look because it gives me a pop of color since the eyeshadow doesn't stand out much.
The lipgloss is a peachy shade as well and it's slightly pigmented. I don't think it's sticky at all.
All in all, I was a bit disappointed in this palette, but I still like it because of the natural look I can create. I don't use any crazy colors except browns and pinks when I go to school, so I think this is a great palette for those who want a subtle look for the day time.

Popular Palettes