September 3, 2014 | 1564 users online

Polishes - Orly - Pretty Please

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 3:16:00 AM More reviews by muffingrl

This polish is a sheer, bright pink with blue pearl. I bought this at Sally's Beauty Supply for $5, the color is very unique/cool, especially under sunlight/artificial light. With a base coat, it takes me about 3 coats to get a semi-opaque finish. I actually think its a nice option to have a buildable nail polish, you can do one coat for a conservative office setting, two coats for a pretty everyday look, and three coats for a bright spring/summer pop of color! The formula is a nice consistency, not too runny, not too thick, and it dries quickly if you do thin coats. The bottle by Orly gives me 0.6 fl.oz., which is 0.1fl.oz. more than the typical nail polish, so I probably won't be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Orly's Pretty Please is a very, very light peachy-pink with a light blue/lavender flash. This polish is extremely sheer. I was at six coats (count 'em - SIX) and could still see through the polish (but I was at bottle color at that point). I knew this was going to be light but didn't think it would be that light. I'm not even sure this would work as a top coat as it's too milky and would change the color of whatever one might put it over. The application was a little difficult as it went on streaky and wasn't clearing up much as I added layers. The comment I can make to the drying time is that with that many layers it took forever to dry. This color, I think, would only be good as a french mani or for someone who loves sheers.