August 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Natural Origin Pressed Powder, Translucent ...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by larosedechanel

I have this is Translucent Light Organics & I love this product because it actually has buildable (light/medium?) coverage. However, because Organic Wear is not a fine powder it can be over-applied & make your face look ghostly or unnatural. Other things I love about this powder are its being natural/organic & how matte my oily face is after I use it.

My only complaint about this powder & Physicians Formula even though it's my favourite makeup brand is that despite it being available in 9 shades, they're all fair, light, medium, or beige. This powder isn't brown/black friendly. That mixed with my medium/deep brown skin, I have to wear this over makeup; I can't wear it alone. This is a good pressed powder to wear over foundation makeup which is what I use it for.

Because it's so expensive for a drugstore pressed powder ($13 or 14), I wouldn't buy it unless I saw it on sale/clearance but I definitely do recommend Organic Wear powder if you like organic makeup & want a product that offers some coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by pattycake118

I've bought this several times now. My typical morning is to wash my face, moisturize and eye cream, then lightly dust with this product, using my own brush, to control shine and even out my tone. I rarely use foundation underneath, but if I remember correctly I didn't like the combination with this powder. This powder feels light on its own, and does not accentuate lines or hairs. Is not feel drying. I apply only in the morning and it seems to last. I ditched my previous powders in favour of this one. With my olive complexion I find that their colour "Creamy Natural" works well all year (tan and pale). Costs $20Cdn in most stores.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 2:35:00 PM More reviews by hairfitness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like this now. I didn't initially when I bought it over a year ago. I threw it in my basket of makeup rejects and recently pulled it out. The thing with this, is that you have to apply it with a very light "hand". I don't use the brush it comes with. I have a soft makeup pad that I use very lightly on the T-zone. It's also very pigmented so you don't need to dig into the pot and apply like cover girl or some of the other ones. I've even used this on my finger tip to apply to small blemishes as a touch up. It works like a foundation. I actually use this over the tinted moisturizer as a foundation/finishing powder. I like this a lot. The package is a bit large for my purse but probably won't crack and break all in my purse like the other ones I've had either. I use the finishing veil at home (in my own container with a different brush) and this pressed in my purse for touch ups. It's great.
Update: I think this is a great powder if used with their TM, but with other foundations, no. I did not like their new foundation so I went back to CG smoothers foundation and powders. They have a lot more staying power.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/15/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by emmy708

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product on clearance for $2.48, and I'm still returning it because it isn't worth even that much. The packaging is so flimsy that I think it would fall apart after 5 minutes in my purse, and it's pretty bulky too. Worse, it makes your skin look so weird. It's not quite cakey, but worse. I don't even know how to describe it but it's awful. The brush isn't very goo either.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by blpbkp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited to find out that Physician's Formula had an organic line. So, I tried his powder and was very disappointed. After applying over foundation, it made my face look cakey. I used it over two different foundations and and even by itself and still got the same effect. I won't be buying product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Kay789

I was looking forward to try the new "natural" line of physicians formula. It made my skin look dirty and the "layer" of makeup was very visible. The price was fairly high for a drugstore product, it was about 20$CAD. I was surprised that it was such bad quality makeup. This was one of my first physicians formula product so I was definitely disappointed since I heard so many good things about them. I will give them the benefit of doubt and try other products before i give them up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:44:00 PM More reviews by cless4736

This is the only pressed powder I have ever bought, as I don't really need one. However, my skin has been oily after moisturizing and I set out to buy something to help control it. I am all for organic and natural makeup so I bought this product; it has ingredients that are safe and healthy for your skin. I don't feel afraid of breakouts when I use this pressed powder. After I moisturize and conceal my dark circles, I use a brush (a clinque brush because I thought the brush this compact came with was a little too rough for my skin) to apply it in a gentle circular motion. It absorbs and controls the oils on my skin nicely. This powder gives my skin a nice healthy glow and leaves it dewy. It's very light and doesn't feel heavy on my skin. The packaging is great too. I like the magnet closure and the cardboard holds up very well. I love it, and will continue to buy this product; however, I did not give it a five rating because it is the only powder product I have tried so I thought it wouldn't be fair because I don't have anything else to compare it to. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by pugmommy7

I really like the subtle illuminating quality of this product. Not shimmery,yet non too matte. It goes on sheerly and evenly to set makeup without falling unto fine lines. I like the little brush rather than using a puff for touch up's. The packaging is cardboard-which i like for eco-reasons,however time will tell,in terms of how well it holds up in my bag.
The pricepoint is fair and the product is in line with good ethics. I am a fan.