Lise Watier Rouge Gourmand Lipstick

on 8/2/2015 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I disagree with most reviewers. I find this is unwearable because it tastes like artificial sweetener mixed with a cloying 50s lipstick taste. It's not unbearable, but it's unpleasant. The shade, Eclectique, looked like a beautiful coral red but is simply garish and has a tacky feel on the lips.

on 3/17/2011 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Lise Watier is my all time favourite lipstick and my go-to shade for day wear is Ginger Bread. This lipstick is beautifully creamy and doesn't dry out my lips and is very colour saturated which I love! So many lipsticks out there are so sheer you might as well just put on a lip balm for all the colour you get but not with this line. I love the elegant gun metal case too. As a redhead it's hard to find just the right shade..have to steer clear of pinks, mauves and sometimes the orange shades are jarring but this particular shade is so perfect that I've even had salon/spa employees remark on it. They offer a great variety of colours, the lipstick is high quality so if you haven't tried it, definitely do!

on 6/21/2010 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I love Lise Watier's lipsticks. I have one Gourmand in Caramel and another Sheer one in Golden Apricot. Colours are so nice and really define the lips.

I don't like a lot of tastes that come with lipsticks but this lipstick doesn't taste/smell bad at all. Love the packaging, I find it very simplistic but elegant with the striking gray exterior.

A must have if you're a lip person like me. =D

on 7/14/2002 6:34:00 AM

Rouge Gourmand is a line of sheer lipstick by Lise Watier. I got Maple Syrup, which looks coppery-red in the tube but goes on sheer reddish gold. What I like about this lipstick is that it has a lot of slip and it is non drying. It has a fruity scent but I personally don't find it too annoying. I would buy again if they come out with different colours.

Recommended for Medium Skin