MAC Matte - Swiss Chocolate

4.7

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Swiss chocolate is a nice matte medium brown with red undertones shade. It's a good staple color because it flatters most people. I am pale and I don't find this too dark on me. I like that I can build the color and it blends nicely with other colors.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this eyeshadow. It's the first one ever that I bought thanks to a video Pixiwoo made quite sometime ago. I find it very pigmented, and its staying power is very long. No fall outs as well. The packaging is also nice. However, I found that that it is a little bit difficult to blend. Maybe its just me? Price wise, it is a little pricey, but it is a good product. Won't repurchase just because its not as nice to blend compared to what I have in my Inglot palette.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a colour that you easily pass by without even noticing it. I have had this for a long time and I can assure you that the eyes have never looked that warm and flattering with this colour. It has strong red undertones, something that I was fully aware when I bought this because I needed a reddish brown in my collection and Swiss Chocolate definitely filled that gap. It's really nice in the crease and for an all over colour. It's not too dark, neither too light, it's just right. One of mac's best!
I definitely recommend it to those who love warm brown eyeshadows with strong reddish undertones.
Lastly, the name of it; "Swiss Chocolate", it doesn't get any better than that right? How much I love that name just adds to the allure of the eyeshadow itself!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had this color a long time ago and forgot about it while getting other shadows in between while I broke my current shadow palette; I came across this again while doing some research on the internet... So glad I came across it! I have hazel/green eyes that this color makes them pop with some brown mascra and I am good to go out the door! just purchased over the weekend and this will now be a favorite of mine.. Goes well with other brown shadows that I have..... Great buy!!

FYI, i'm a matchmaster 2-3, warm/medium skin tone. I bought this on recommendation of a work colleague who said i should try more bronze shades. Prior I have used quarry, shale & haux. This is a beautiful matte reddish brown. It comes out less red on my skin than the pan throws up. I use layin low pro longwear as a base applied with my middle finger. Then using a 217 pack swiss chocolate on my lid/crease, then use a 239 to line under my lower lash with swiss chocolate, then use a 224 to apply Always Sunny pro longwear shadow from crease to brow (outer corner 1/3 in) and blend, blend, blend. Swiss chocolate is easy to blend to pack it on for a sheer finish or for an intense, dense smokey look. I'd recommend it for any warm skin tone. I have blue eyes & blond hair & it really makes my eyes pop. Buy it.

I use brown eyeshadow for my everyday eye makeup look and I purchased this on a whim while browsing the MAC counter. It's a red toned matte brown shadow that lasts throughout the day even when I don't use primer. Very smooth and velvety, minimal fallout, easy to blend. I like to smudge this on my top and bottom lash line, slightly winging it out, then running MAC's Teddy eyeliner over it. Using these together brings out the brown in my eyes.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE!! green eyed girls out there THIS will be your new best friend. It's just amazing! So easy to blend aswell and goes with literally any lip colour, for a really natural day I literally just apply top mascara and sweep some of this under my lower lid with a slanted eyebrow brush then apply mascara to my bottom lashes and it just warms up my eyes in the most natural way. Highly recommended, the only downside to this is the packaging, I had to reorder after my pot kept coming apart and then the whole thing smashed. But the product & colour itself I can't fault. 5 lippies!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Nice brownish red color. The brown pulls more than the red on me. I use it often as I'm a fan of warm neutral eye looks. I initially bought it to pair with Macs blue brown pigment. Looks great. Will definitely repurchase

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous red brown. The idea of a red brown seemed a little scary as I thought it would make me look sick or tired, but this is pure magic :) Warms up, wakens, and brings life to the eyes in such a flattering way. It's medium to dark and can be applied lightly or built up. I use it in the crease or outer V in so many different color combinations. It's amazing how well it works with other shades. Although it's matte, it's not at all dry. I find this color to be one of the best mattes from MAC (they can be hit or miss) - it's creamy, blendable, and very well pigmented.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

A dark, very warm(red undertones), matte, brown. This is one of my most used eyeshadows because it can be used for everyday or more dramatic looks. My favorite way to apply this is on the outer V or crease. I have black-brown eyes and this brings out the warmth in my eyes, enhances and makes my eyes look bigger. This is a must have brown eyeshadow! NC40-42 for reference.

Top Rated MAC Products