MAC Matte - Swiss Chocolate

4.7

on 7/27/2015 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had this color a long time ago and forgot about it while getting other shadows in between while I broke my current shadow palette; I came across this again while doing some research on the internet... So glad I came across it! I have hazel/green eyes that this color makes them pop with some brown mascra and I am good to go out the door! just purchased over the weekend and this will now be a favorite of mine.. Goes well with other brown shadows that I have..... Great buy!!

on 6/20/2015 5:31:00 PM

FYI, i'm a matchmaster 2-3, warm/medium skin tone. I bought this on recommendation of a work colleague who said i should try more bronze shades. Prior I have used quarry, shale & haux. This is a beautiful matte reddish brown. It comes out less red on my skin than the pan throws up. I use layin low pro longwear as a base applied with my middle finger. Then using a 217 pack swiss chocolate on my lid/crease, then use a 239 to line under my lower lash with swiss chocolate, then use a 224 to apply Always Sunny pro longwear shadow from crease to brow (outer corner 1/3 in) and blend, blend, blend. Swiss chocolate is easy to blend to pack it on for a sheer finish or for an intense, dense smokey look. I'd recommend it for any warm skin tone. I have blue eyes & blond hair & it really makes my eyes pop. Buy it.

on 4/21/2015 9:34:00 PM

I use brown eyeshadow for my everyday eye makeup look and I purchased this on a whim while browsing the MAC counter. It's a red toned matte brown shadow that lasts throughout the day even when I don't use primer. Very smooth and velvety, minimal fallout, easy to blend. I like to smudge this on my top and bottom lash line, slightly winging it out, then running MAC's Teddy eyeliner over it. Using these together brings out the brown in my eyes.

on 4/14/2015 8:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVEEEE!! green eyed girls out there THIS will be your new best friend. It's just amazing! So easy to blend aswell and goes with literally any lip colour, for a really natural day I literally just apply top mascara and sweep some of this under my lower lid with a slanted eyebrow brush then apply mascara to my bottom lashes and it just warms up my eyes in the most natural way. Highly recommended, the only downside to this is the packaging, I had to reorder after my pot kept coming apart and then the whole thing smashed. But the product & colour itself I can't fault. 5 lippies!

on 4/8/2015 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

Nice brownish red color. The brown pulls more than the red on me. I use it often as I'm a fan of warm neutral eye looks. I initially bought it to pair with Macs blue brown pigment. Looks great. Will definitely repurchase

on 3/2/2015 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Gorgeous red brown. The idea of a red brown seemed a little scary as I thought it would make me look sick or tired, but this is pure magic :) Warms up, wakens, and brings life to the eyes in such a flattering way. It's medium to dark and can be applied lightly or built up. I use it in the crease or outer V in so many different color combinations. It's amazing how well it works with other shades. Although it's matte, it's not at all dry. I find this color to be one of the best mattes from MAC (they can be hit or miss) - it's creamy, blendable, and very well pigmented.

on 2/20/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

A dark, very warm(red undertones), matte, brown. This is one of my most used eyeshadows because it can be used for everyday or more dramatic looks. My favorite way to apply this is on the outer V or crease. I have black-brown eyes and this brings out the warmth in my eyes, enhances and makes my eyes look bigger. This is a must have brown eyeshadow! NC40-42 for reference.

on 1/5/2015 12:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I bought this eyeshadow on a complete whim! I went in to mac to get "All that Glitters" and when my mac girl told me it was cheaper to get it in the pan and put it in one of the little duo palettes I thought well now I have room for one more! The mac girl suggested "Swiss Chocolate" and I am so glad she did!
It is just a gorgeous rich brown with red undertones (and it actually works really well with ATG, and together they really bring out my green eyes). It's my new favourite crease colour as it can be put on really opaque or blended out and look lovely and soft.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

For everyday, I don't like to use any shimmer. I prefer a matte look. So what I do is I use brûlée all over my lid up to the brow bone, soft brown on the lid and crease, Swiss chocolate to deepen the crease and then espresso in the outer-v to add more dimension. It's beautiful for brown eyes and all this put together looks amazing for everyday since it's not an extremely heavy smokey eye. It's a great transition colour!

on 5/21/2014 7:50:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Swiss Chocolate is another one of my staple MAC eyeshadows that I use almost everytime I pull out my MAC palettes. It is the perfect matte medium warm brown with just enough red in it. Used lightly, it can be used as a transition shade or more heavily as a crease or outer V color. I love this shade smudged on my bottom lash line as well as it's not too dark and blends well with other shades. I'm an NC 20 with green eyes for reference.

Top Rated MAC Products