February 27, 2015 | 982 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Swiss Chocolate

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2015 8:08:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A dark, very warm(red undertones), matte, brown. This is one of my most used eyeshadows because it can be used for everyday or more dramatic looks. My favorite way to apply this is on the outer V or crease. I have black-brown eyes and this brings out the warmth in my eyes, enhances and makes my eyes look bigger. This is a must have brown eyeshadow! NC40-42 for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 12:27:00 PM More reviews by itsEmmaTime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this eyeshadow on a complete whim! I went in to mac to get "All that Glitters" and when my mac girl told me it was cheaper to get it in the pan and put it in one of the little duo palettes I thought well now I have room for one more! The mac girl suggested "Swiss Chocolate" and I am so glad she did!
It is just a gorgeous rich brown with red undertones (and it actually works really well with ATG, and together they really bring out my green eyes). It's my new favourite crease colour as it can be put on really opaque or blended out and look lovely and soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Angelseleena

For everyday, I don't like to use any shimmer. I prefer a matte look. So what I do is I use brûlée all over my lid up to the brow bone, soft brown on the lid and crease, Swiss chocolate to deepen the crease and then espresso in the outer-v to add more dimension. It's beautiful for brown eyes and all this put together looks amazing for everyday since it's not an extremely heavy smokey eye. It's a great transition colour!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 7:50:00 AM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Swiss Chocolate is another one of my staple MAC eyeshadows that I use almost everytime I pull out my MAC palettes. It is the perfect matte medium warm brown with just enough red in it. Used lightly, it can be used as a transition shade or more heavily as a crease or outer V color. I love this shade smudged on my bottom lash line as well as it's not too dark and blends well with other shades. I'm an NC 20 with green eyes for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 12:46:00 PM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Swiss Chocolate along with a few other pans and I didn't find myself reaching for it as much as the others but recently I started playing around with it and I have to say it's a really pretty red-brown color. Today I'm using Brule all over, Soft Brown as my transition, Swiss Chocolate for my outter v (blended with Bamboo) and Ricepaper for my inner corner. I'm extrememly warm toned (no neutrailizing mac shades here...C3 is my shade) so I can't speak to it working for cooler shaded women but I wouldn't imagine it would. Also, this was bought during my "eyeshadows that make brown eyes pop" phase and it truly does bring out beautiful flecks in my brown eyes which is not an easy feat.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my staple shadows. I don't have too many MAC products since I'm a bit on a budget but this is something I always want to have one hand!

-beautiful reddish brown shade. Totally matte.
-Very smooth and soft. Not chalky, no fallout, very easy to blend and apply.
-I have very dark brown eyes. the reddish undertone in this shadow really brings out the honey in my eyes and makes them stand out and look lighter.
-the price is 15 dollars which is a bit much for an eyeshadow but the quality is totally worth it.
- my go-to look is woodwinked all over the lid, swiss chocolate in my crease and nyx highlight on the browbone!

Will continue to buy this shadow and would recommend it to everyone!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by cocoadolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my go to transition color. I can't even imagine doing eyeshadow looks without it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by NancyChance

This is a really good evening eye shadow for me. It's a little bit too dark for wearing just day to day, but when I'm going out to the club or to a fancy restaurant, I like to wear this when I wear my favorite brown dress. It matches perfectly. It's a brownish red and when it's applied it goes on really smoothly and is easy to blend. Of course, I love all of MAC's products, but I just wish I could get them for cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by Maclover26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Omg love it! This is a brown with a red undertone if that's what you call it and it beautiful i love love love to wear this with charcoal brown in the crease and some liner! ( perfection ) it's perfect for the crease! Will repurchase if mine ever runs out seen as though they last forever.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by waffles85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

my FAVORITE MAC eyeshadow!!! this color is absolutely gorgeous on any skin-tone, particularly my NC40-42 skin. it shows up so well - a warm almost deep brown. you can pack it on to your entire lid for a dark night time look or you can use it in your outer crease to deepen any smokey eye look. I use this almost everyday and have already bought my 3rd pan. I would absolutely recommend anyone to buy this. being a makeup artist, I have used this color from the lightest to the deepest skin tones and it never fails. for deeper skin tones it looks gorgeous all over the crease.

if you want to see a demonstration of how to use this I have a 3 minute makeup tutorial linked below that you can check out. I've combined swiss chocolate with a variety of other eyeshadows to create a smokey eye. Check it out if you like :)