August 27, 2014 | 1774 users online

Treatments - Sephora - sephora by OPI brightener

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 12:58:00 AM More reviews by niclyf

One of my favorite base coats! My typical HG is OPI's Ridge Filler, but the Sephora version has a very slight blueish tinge cancelling out yellowing nails, so for me, it's a perfect base coat for pales/sheers. Equally perfect for vampies and darker shades since I find the subtle whiteish cast to give me a "clean slate" allowing the polish shade to apply more true to color. This doesn't necessarily extend the wear of my polish (for me, that comes down more to the top coat I use) ... but for giving me a fresh clean nailbed to start with, this is definitely a great product, plus it dries super fast allowing me to get on with my manicure! Overall, one of the better base coats in my stash!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2011 9:36:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

this isn't bad for what it claims to do. the price point is a bit much considering other affordable, effective options are available. this is handy for a quick, minimal manicure / pedicure (one coat), and i've had the same bottle of this stuff for almost 3 years. it hasn't gotten gloopy and still does the job as far as brightening nails. the bluish tint disappears once applied to the nail. wish it was a bit less pink once it dries but that's a merely a matter of personal preference. dries quickly when only one coat is applied - not sure how it dries with more coats.

not sure i would repurchase as i'd like to try other formulas / brands before committing to this, but i certainly don't regret this purchase and still use it when needed.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by nobunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this nail product pales in comparison to Barielle's Natural Nail Camoflauge. save yourself some money and go get a bottle of this at TJ maxx instead. makes natural nails look bright and lovely while hiding damage or staining; also doubles as a wonderful brightening base and ridge filler. bingo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by Aimeerose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this nail treatment. It's more like a milky cream white than an actual nail brightener. I overall did not like this and will not repurchase

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sdportugal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm a nail polish junky, but I never wear polish on my finger nails. I just don't like the way it looks. Still, I want my hands to look pretty, so I tried Sephora Nail Brightener. Now I wear it all the time. It's genius. I apply one thin coat and it makes my finger nails look totally smooth and healthy without too much shine. Anything that takes less than a minute and makes such a big difference is totally worth it in my book. I have already repurchased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by niseixtenshi

I love this for my natural look. It makes my nails look extremely polished & professional. I use two coats to give it a milky-white color. Paired with Seche Vite topcoat...can't go wrong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click "continued" for photos.

I'm not big on nail polish, what few colors I own are mostly nudes. This is the best nudes of all. It doesn't deposit color, but instead does what people love Photoshop for: add a brightening, airbrushed look.

As mentioned by the first reviewer, it contains micro bluish shimmer, but once applied, I can't detect it (unless you slather one 3 or 4 layers).

I only apply 1 layer, as more than that will look white and unnatural. With a top coat, it lasts a week without chipping. but by then I would have to redo it due to new nail growth anyway.

Easy application, clean-, professional-looking, can't go wrong with this.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 8:50:00 AM More reviews by youngnjaded

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am always looking for ways to make my nails look better against my skin tone. I'm not very dark, but I have a slight yellow, but not olive, skin tone on my hands (my face is a little more cool toned). Lots of nail colors clash with my skin, and even my natural nail bed color looks kind of muddy or blah. I adore Color Club's french manicure basecoat because it brightens the nails and makes everything look crisp, clear and more flattering....but CC doesn't wear as well, or seem to harden/strengthen my nails as much. So I was thrilled when I saw this product.

The bottle and packaging is great, easy to use. The product itself looks slightly beige and milky, with very, very fine blueish microshimmer. You have to be millimeters from the bottle or your hands to see if. Even though it is very subtle, the shimmer is pretty and does have a very slight brightening effect, but not like I had hoped. Honestly, it reminds me of Essie's sophisticated lady. On the upside, it wears really well. I'm very hard on my nails and most stuff peels and chips in 2 days. I'm on day 4 and it still looks great and I think my nails are stronger.

so I'm torn. I prefer the look of the CC, but the wear of the OPI. I'm not sure I would buy it again, but I might keep using it.