April 18, 2014 | 1825 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Vanillary

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

Wow fantastic and I usually don't like vanilla. Usually they grow way too strong on me. This one is just perfect. Lasts a long time

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by jossiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My hopes were pinned on this fragrance considering the difficulty I am having locating a cookie dough vanilla perfume in a bricks and mortar store so I do not have to buy blind. Pure vanilla. I read reviews and all arrows pointed to this being the one.. I went to lush and tried it and all I can smell is jasmine, peppery floral offensive jasmine with a touch of vanilla. I do not just dislike it.. I hate it.. I have returned to my classic hypnotic poison whilst I search again for a clean summer time day wearing vanilla. Let me know if you have one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

I absolutely love this scent!! I always get compliments when I wear it. It has a true vanilla smell with a touch of musk. Fantastic

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by aed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this. Although, I'm also a huge vanilla fan. Through out the day it stayed put and its smell got better through the day.

If you're a fan you'll also enjoy the Vanilla Puff body powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Audz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked Vanillary while I had it . But now when I smell it it smells so different to what I actually thought it smelt like . I wore this when I was 15 and I must have been possessed or something while wearing it. The packaging says Gorilla Perfume and to me it smells like what I think a gorilla smells like sorry if I'm not making sense but that's how I feel. It did have a vanilla smell but more of a raw vanilla smell not a sweet / candy rice bubbly smell. It was good when I use to wear it but we have grown apart. If your thinking about buying it go into store and spray some on your wrist and leave and see how it smells on you after a couple of hours

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I was pretty sure that this was gonna be my favorite lush perfume since I really love sweet scents but this was just.....ok. Definatly not a generic vanilla scent...actually kinda strange. It does smell like vanilla but more interesting and deep. I really like it within the first 20minutes or so but, the dry down is kinda meeeh. It starts to smell like old school hair grease....African Pride to be exact. I will use up my bottle but I doubt I would repurchase.....just hate that my sense of smell converts this to hair grease lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by becky39

I had a few bucks to blow and we were strolling along at the mall so I decided to go into Lush, which I only do about 2x per year as I'm not really in love with most of their products. I was looking for a replacement on my now totally used up New solid shampoo (I Do LOVE that stuff!!) when I came upon a selection of their solid perfumes. I am a perfume JUNKY so I had to sniff them all, and though some of them were awful a few were pretty darn good. Vanillary stuck out from the whole group, it smelled awesome! I eagerly laid out my money for my purchases and went to find the kids and husband. i took the perfume out of my bag and shoved it under my son's nose (18 years old and used to mom doing that), his face squinched up and he made a negative comment to the term of "ugh!". Same thing with my 11 year old son. Th ehusband wasn't quite as bad (I had put some on my arm in the mean time), his comment was "well, it's not totally horrible"....UGH!!!! every time I adore a perfume it seems the men/boys in my life hate it (except for Pink Sugar...we all love that!). I asked what was so horrible about it and my eldest said it smelled like a new age store (yeah, I can see that) my husband also agreed and added that it smells nothing like vanilla. Yes, it does smell like an old new age store that I used to frequent as a teen, maybe that is why I like it, I used to spend hours in that store enthralled by all the cool books and trinkets. I'm not big into new age anymore but will hang onto Vanillary for when I want a stroll down memory lane (and will most likely wear it just for me when the hisband is at work). A couple other downsides (besides the guys not liking it) is it only lasts about 2 hours then needs reapplying and the container it's in, it's a push up, a twist up would have been much better but I understand why Lush went with the package they did.

All in all I LOVE this stuff!!! (regardless of what the guys say). ;0)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by cgoddard24

I absolutely love this scent. I have in the solid perfume stick and I don't think I would buy the spray. I am a very warm person and I always radiate heat and I feel like when I put this on I'm radiating a little circle of warm vanilla scent. I love the portable stick packaging and it's inexpensive. It's delicious, I've already bought it twice and will buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

very strong potent stuff. Like many people said, this is not the fluffy soft vanilla. If you love stuff that spreads 6 feet far and wide, you just hit the jack pot. Strong enough for odor cover up on days when your personal hygiene hasn't been kept up. A geriatric woman I cared for used this scent to counter act adult diaper smell and it works wonder!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Vanillary is like no other Vanilla scent I have ever tried. I bought this in the tin a few years ago, and I only used it a few times. I think because this is so different than vanilla products, it throws vanilla fans off. This is blended with Jasmine and the Jasmine is quite prominent when you first spray it. I have a love/hate relationship with Jasmine, a lot of the time it can go uriney on me. Lush's Jasmine oil seems to work, I THINK. When I first got this, I spritzed it on in the bedroom and my husband said, "Did the cat pee in here?' I think this is kind of like their perfume Lust, in that you need to put it on before you go out, like when you are getting ready. It settles down to a nice, smoky vanilla. It almost smells like French Toast on me I think. I have discovered this with all of their scents...when you first put them on, the top notes are all, "HEEEY GIRL!". Then they settle down and are quiet. In conclusion, I really like Vanillary, and hope I don't smell like a tom cat sprayed me. I have gotten a few compliments, so unless those girls were in heat, I must be good.