LUSH Vanillary

3.6

My fave perfume, right next to Lust. It's a lovely, very warm vanilla and not too sugary. It doesn't have great staying power, which is just unfortunate given how pricey it is.

on 2/13/2015 6:22:00 PM

i love this perfume, it has a very unique sweet smell. ever since i started using it i got a ton of compliments on the scent. i love it

on 1/17/2015 12:21:00 PM

I am absolutely in love with this scent. I can only describe it as a very intoxicating vanilla scent that is more like a rich, warm vanilla smell and is not too sweet (sometimes I do find vanilla scented anything too sickly sweet, but this perfume certainly isn't). I first tried this in a Lush store and had sprayed a mist of their tester bottle onto the sleeve of my coat. I thought it was okay but left the store soon afterward, without buying it. I then realized that I couldn't stop smelling the sleeve of my coat throughout the rest of the day, because I liked the smell so much. (I didn't like it nearly as much when I first sprayed it as I did a few minutes later. So if you try this in the store, be sure to wait a few minutes before deciding how much you do or do not like it). And as an added bonus, I once read a study that found that men find the scent of vanilla to be the sexiest scent on a woman. ;) In my opinion, this perfume truly is intoxicating and is most certainly my new favorite!

On me it smells like a salty, savoury, buttery vanilla. It's a little unusual but pleasant. Overpriced.

on 8/14/2014 5:27:00 PM

This was an instant favourite for me since it came out in 2009. At the time, I was working at LUSH and had a chance to sample it before it hit the shops. I cringed when I heard the name, but as soon as I sniffed it I knew it would be an instant hit. With its natural vanilla scent and smokey caramelly undertones, it's the perfect mix of gourmand but not-too-foody vanilla, and affordable to boot! The LUSH staff and I sprayed it on our work uniforms and catalogues, and were constantly asked what the smell was.

I'm not too crazy about the packaging, but that's a quibble because it's functional. I've got one of the glass half-moon bottles with a label tied on with ribbon. I've seen past bottles where it's rectangular with a candy-store type of graphic on the label, newer black bottles, the newest bottles online are similar to the oldest bottles but with a cartoony vanilla flower graphic. IMO they're all a bit generic and/or cheap looking which completely deceives the quality of the juice within.

5 years later I'm still using Vanillary and honestly find it to be one of the best vanilla scents on the market. My other vanilla fave is L'Artisan Vanilia, which has long been discontinued. So until I discover the next great vanilla frag, Vanillary is it!

on 7/22/2014 11:20:00 PM

The Vanillary solid perfume is lovely & goes nicely with the vanilla powder from this company. It smells like real vanilla, jasmine and a touch incense. The solid is convenient to use & I prefer it over the sprays. Very sweet and pretty.

on 5/27/2014 10:31:00 PM

I love this scent. It's almost a powdery vanilla on me, with a hint of something deeper, so it's not child-like or candy-like. It's sophisticated and a little bohemian, if that makes sense. I buy the smallest spray of this, and after I dropped it once, the bottle broke. At least the room smelled like Vanillary for a while, but it was still annoying. That's why the lippies are only at 3 for packaging (it's also a little flimsy and leaks, so watch if the tube you buy is sturdy or not). Anyway other than that, this is one of my favourite perfumes (and I only wear about 3).

on 5/17/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

now this...this is special!
it's vanilla at it's purest sort of form. it doesn't smell childlike. it smells of baked cakes, of an old fashioned bakery. it lasts so long on your skin and people always compliment me when i wear it. it smells just...delicious. i've used a lot of it and i definitely want to keep on purchasing it.
i have the solid form - it's amazing it literally looks like expensive icecream with real vanilla pods inside.

on 4/26/2014 8:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received a little sample vial of this, and loved the way it smelled when sprayed in the air. A very musky vanilla that wasn't so chemically sweet it made your face pucker in disgust. It smelled very light and slightly sweet, but very natural. Very much like vanilla extract. However, if anyone saw my review on Vanilla Dee-Lite, you know how this is gonna go. The same exact fragrance is used in Vanilla Dee-Lite, and it literally made me smell like a pair of tires on a new car! I guess my body chemistry didn't react well with this. I'd recommend this to someone that doesn't smell unpleasant after it's been worn around for a while though!

on 4/1/2014 11:25:00 PM

Wow fantastic and I usually don't like vanilla. Usually they grow way too strong on me. This one is just perfect. Lasts a long time

Popular Fragrances