September 21, 2014 | 1469 users online

Fragrances - LUSH - Vanillary

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by oubliette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was an instant favourite for me since it came out in 2009. At the time, I was working at LUSH and had a chance to sample it before it hit the shops. I cringed when I heard the name, but as soon as I sniffed it I knew it would be an instant hit. With its natural vanilla scent and smokey caramelly undertones, it's the perfect mix of gourmand but not-too-foody vanilla, and affordable to boot! The LUSH staff and I sprayed it on our work uniforms and catalogues, and were constantly asked what the smell was.

I'm not too crazy about the packaging, but that's a quibble because it's functional. I've got one of the glass half-moon bottles with a label tied on with ribbon. I've seen past bottles where it's rectangular with a candy-store type of graphic on the label, newer black bottles, the newest bottles online are similar to the oldest bottles but with a cartoony vanilla flower graphic. IMO they're all a bit generic and/or cheap looking which completely deceives the quality of the juice within.

5 years later I'm still using Vanillary and honestly find it to be one of the best vanilla scents on the market. My other vanilla fave is L'Artisan Vanilia, which has long been discontinued. So until I discover the next great vanilla frag, Vanillary is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

The Vanillary solid perfume is lovely & goes nicely with the vanilla powder from this company. It smells like real vanilla, jasmine and a touch incense. The solid is convenient to use & I prefer it over the sprays. Very sweet and pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by CatherineSolo

I love this scent. It's almost a powdery vanilla on me, with a hint of something deeper, so it's not child-like or candy-like. It's sophisticated and a little bohemian, if that makes sense. I buy the smallest spray of this, and after I dropped it once, the bottle broke. At least the room smelled like Vanillary for a while, but it was still annoying. That's why the lippies are only at 3 for packaging (it's also a little flimsy and leaks, so watch if the tube you buy is sturdy or not). Anyway other than that, this is one of my favourite perfumes (and I only wear about 3).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

now this...this is special!
it's vanilla at it's purest sort of form. it doesn't smell childlike. it smells of baked cakes, of an old fashioned bakery. it lasts so long on your skin and people always compliment me when i wear it. it smells just...delicious. i've used a lot of it and i definitely want to keep on purchasing it.
i have the solid form - it's amazing it literally looks like expensive icecream with real vanilla pods inside.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 8:08:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I received a little sample vial of this, and loved the way it smelled when sprayed in the air. A very musky vanilla that wasn't so chemically sweet it made your face pucker in disgust. It smelled very light and slightly sweet, but very natural. Very much like vanilla extract. However, if anyone saw my review on Vanilla Dee-Lite, you know how this is gonna go. The same exact fragrance is used in Vanilla Dee-Lite, and it literally made me smell like a pair of tires on a new car! I guess my body chemistry didn't react well with this. I'd recommend this to someone that doesn't smell unpleasant after it's been worn around for a while though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mmarrs

Wow fantastic and I usually don't like vanilla. Usually they grow way too strong on me. This one is just perfect. Lasts a long time

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by jossiz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My hopes were pinned on this fragrance considering the difficulty I am having locating a cookie dough vanilla perfume in a bricks and mortar store so I do not have to buy blind. Pure vanilla. I read reviews and all arrows pointed to this being the one.. I went to lush and tried it and all I can smell is jasmine, peppery floral offensive jasmine with a touch of vanilla. I do not just dislike it.. I hate it.. I have returned to my classic hypnotic poison whilst I search again for a clean summer time day wearing vanilla. Let me know if you have one.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by juliawilson22

I absolutely love this scent!! I always get compliments when I wear it. It has a true vanilla smell with a touch of musk. Fantastic

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by aed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the smell of this. Although, I'm also a huge vanilla fan. Through out the day it stayed put and its smell got better through the day.

If you're a fan you'll also enjoy the Vanilla Puff body powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Audz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked Vanillary while I had it . But now when I smell it it smells so different to what I actually thought it smelt like . I wore this when I was 15 and I must have been possessed or something while wearing it. The packaging says Gorilla Perfume and to me it smells like what I think a gorilla smells like sorry if I'm not making sense but that's how I feel. It did have a vanilla smell but more of a raw vanilla smell not a sweet / candy rice bubbly smell. It was good when I use to wear it but we have grown apart. If your thinking about buying it go into store and spray some on your wrist and leave and see how it smells on you after a couple of hours