December 18, 2014 | 1816 users online

Conditioner - Carol's Daughter - Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2014 12:27:00 PM More reviews by LexiClarice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is crap. It's, literally, overpriced water with fragrance. Save your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 2:35:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I LOVE the scent of this!!!!!!!! But its use as a leave in conditioner is a no for me,my hair hates it. I tried off and on all summer using this as a leave in and every time I ended up with extremely dry,frizzy nasty hair.

So since then I've been using it a curl refresher on my natural 3b spiral curls....wich works better this way. But lately I've been noticing after I use it my hair feels dried out severely......never will be a repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 5:06:00 PM More reviews by crzynluv56

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Now I'm giving this product a lower score because I dont like it for its original purpose. I LOVE the smell and I cant get enough of it. but this definitely doesn't detangle. its more of a wobderful sea salt spray. it has a drying effect on the hair and it is more of a styling product. but I have noticed my hair seems more alive and bouncy over time because of this product! but it is not a moisturizing/detangling product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ashleyjjane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells good but it does nothing to detangle - it left my hair dry, sticky, and clumpy. my husband used the rest of the bottle to style his short hair. it would work as a hair perfume but is that even a thing? wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2013 12:17:00 PM More reviews by woolandwater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I like this product. I am mixed and have 3b-ish hair. I like it because unlike most conditioners, it doesn't leave my hair feeling gross and full of residue (which ultimately makes it feel dry). It gives it some softness an smells nice. Since I don't wash my hair often, the price isn't as ridiculous (but still kind of ridiculous).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Russel

I purchases this primarily to detangle my hair post-washing. It does absolutely nothing to help with this-- spraying water in my hair would be equally effective (and cheaper). It's a 1 for this reason.

However, the small is lovely. If you'd like to refresh your hair mid-day, this is an excellent hair perfume.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2011 9:05:00 AM More reviews by lucyricardo85

i really wanted to love the carol's daughter products. i have now tried the black vanilla line twice with underwhelming results using them about 2 years apart. i used the BV shampoo, BV leave in, and BV hair smoothie. these products make my hair feel no better OR worse than when I use drugstore brands! sorry lisa price, carol's daughter is a no no for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 4:54:00 AM More reviews by satorie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I wish that I can find this item on auto-ship somewhere! I have straight Asian hair that is color treated. Love this product to help my hair stay soft and manageable. It also leaves a nice sheen,but I am in love with the Black Vanilla scent! It literally stopped me in my tracks when I walked by a sales person at a department store. Bought it at the next counter immediately and have been using since. I just spray it on right after my shampoo--comb through and go!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by jewelryvixen305

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My hair is in its natural state 4a/b. Great smell. Detangles a little. Doesn't soften hair. Wonderful sheen once dry. Less breakage with useage. I don't think its worth buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by sjalbert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have very dry hair that gets tangled after I wash it. This moisturizes, detangles and smooths my hair. I massage it into my wet hair after I wash it, finish my shower then rinse it out. I put my hair up in a turban for about 5 minute and when I take it down it is tangle free and smooth. My hair is both colored and treated with keratin. This is the best conditioner I have ever used. I like the jar because I feel you can get to all of the product. I have already repurchased it and will continue to do so.