October 26, 2014 | 1077 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - B-Electro

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 11:39:00 PM More reviews by sspearls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this shower gel a couple of years ago in a forum LE sale. I've been loving it this summer. It's got that liquidy consistancy that a lot of Lush shower gels have. I use a mesh pouf so it doesn't matter how thick or thin it is. It takes getting used to because a lot pours out at a time. I specifically came here to review it as a shampoo-- I use it this way to clarify and even without blow drying my hair today feels voluminous and luscious. I paired it with a volumizing conditioner. I've been shaking my hair back all day and I can't stop touching it. I wouldn't go out of my way to purchase this as a shampoo but since I already love it as a shower gel having it as a 2 in 1 is awesome. I love the smell too. It's an herbal citrus, not too tart or sweet. It doesn't smell like cleaner at all. If Lush brings it back definitely check it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2011 2:58:00 AM More reviews by belleringer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

only bought this cause i was heading out of the city where its my last lush pit stop and they didn't have any sweetie pie left :( didn't like it. i was expecting something crazy citrus but with a mellowness to it? (if it makes sense) and all i got was the scent of dish washing liquid. was not happy at all in the slightest. going to try palm this off onto a relative to see if they like it but i defiantly wont be crying when this is discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2010 12:36:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am reviewing the B Electro Shower Gel.

This is my new favourite shower gel that LUSH offers. I had tried the soap and I really liked it too - then it was discontinued. The main difference between the shower gel and the soap is I find the shower gel to have an almost creamy scent. The soap was a bit more 'in your face'.

The lather of this gel is amazingly soft and creamy. The colour is GREAT (super lime green). The texture is a bit like the Butterball shower gel (LE) as it's thick and slime like. The scent stays on my body long after I have washed. Not runny as alot of LUSH gels can be (I am looking at you, Olive Branch!!!).

I totally smell the rose, fennel and a touch of grapefruit. The grapefruit is certainly not the prominent note. Its Lush's more unusual scents that intrigue me far more than lets say ... another boring citrus scent. Unfortunately this is limited edition so I am stocking up!

Another note: This makes the most fantastic shampoo! I use this with Veganese and I can still smell the B Electro when my hair dries... even 2 days later. Awesome.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 8:29:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Under normal circumstances I probably would not use this product. However there are two key phrases that temp me to buy products on the fly rather than wait and decide: “This is limited edition! Get while supplies last.” And “This was the SIGNATURE scent of Be Never to be Busy to be Beautiful (BNBB) this will be your only chance to try it!” With these simple phrases swirling in my head, they pushed my misgivings on the scent away to give it a try. After all, if I waited a few days I might lose the opportunity.

PROS: (1) good consistency, easy to build a good lather. (2) Did not irritate my sensitive acne prone skin nor dry it out. (3) felt nice and clean!

CONS: (10 neon lime green colouring makes body wash appear childish. I find it contradicting when Lush puts out a product that is dyed to be a bright color. They can get away with it will soap bars and bath bombs, but as a body wash it just looks so....fake. (2) The scent is a hit or miss. For me, it was a miss. It smells like roses and grapefruit with an overtone of fennel. Mismatch combinations have a tendency to smell nice; I like the rose and grapefruit combination, however the herbal fennel overtone throws it off. I think it was used as an attempt to make the scent more ‘unisexual’ so either gender would purchase it. I think ginger, orange, or chocolate would have created a more interesting combination.

Overall, this product is not bad. However the scent is not for me. My friend on in contrast adores the scent where as I find it ‘tolerable’ on myself. Make sure to be 100% before jumping into a purchase before the sale associate uses clever ‘buy now’ phrases.
Happy Shopping!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

WHY is all the best stuff LE? Epic fail, but epic LOVE. When I first saw this in the store, I just about died with excitement. Being a child of the 80's, I come from the generation of Ghost Busters Ectoplasm and Ninja Turtle Ooze. The idea of taking a bath in neon green retro goodness? Totally a dream come true. (Especially since LUSH also had those little bath bombs at the time that looked like Mario mushrooms.) So one question remained: what the hell does neon green shower gel SMELL like? For something with that crazy a color, I was worried it would also have a crazy smell, and not in the good way. Pleasant surprise number 2: it's got a delightfully mellow citrus scent. It's nice and perky, but very light. Totally not what I was expecting out of a florescent product, but so much the better! Fell in love, bought a huge bottle, no regrets at all. It's a wonderful shower gel, works quite excellently for shaving legs\underarms as well, gets me nice and clean, but doesn't leave me smelling like a fake-o fruit salad. If this weren't LE, I'd definitely purchase on a regular basis. No complaints at all. Just lots and lots of retro 80's Ninja Turtle love.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by flisalisan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and fell in love. Too bad that it is only a guest in the supply.. I would definitely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 11:11:00 PM More reviews by rinstarangel

I love the smell of this soap! As the reviewer below stated, it doesn't lather much, but I like to keep it in a soap dish at my sink. I love how the smell lingers on my hands for awhile after.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2009 1:49:00 AM More reviews by allThingsGirl

This is a electric yellow coloured soap from LUSH that is long lasting but not really that exciting. It almost looks neon and melts into neon yellow water in your tub/shower. It's not soft and creamy, but more clearish and hard. It doens't really later up and I can't really tell that I'm clean after using it. The smell is light and a bit refreshing. This isn't worth the money to buy again, not even on the LUSH soap sales.