September 2, 2014 | 1853 users online

Lips - Dr. Bronner's - Organic Peppermint Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by lovechop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best lip balm EVER! If I use this in the morning and at night I never have to exfoliate my lips or have uneven lipstick. Good grief it's good. It's so smooth and healing. Plus, the peppermint is so wonderful. I have the other kinds and they are equally great, but I always reach for the peppermint. I found mine at Rosauer's and they make great gifts too!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 5:10:00 AM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG! i love love love this
this has beeswax as an ingredient but unlike burtbees it isnt dry and waxy...it's silky and slippery on the lips but doesn't act as a layer of non moisturising gloop on the lips. it acts as a penetrative layer rather than just a matte waxy and dry lip balm. the consistency is perfect...believe me i've tried every lipbalm under the sun! this beats eos and burtsbees and palmers anyday....it's slightly shiny which is nice it looks pretty and makes my lips pop slightly. when i am wearing a matte lipstick though i will stick to burtbees.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2014 4:21:00 PM More reviews by joyelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Of all the lip balms I've tried (and I've tried sooo many), I would say this is my favorite and a HG. It obviously has a peppermint scent that's actually pleasant and gives a bit of tingle to my lips (pleasantly though). It is not waxy at all (e.g., like waxy Chapstick) - there's definitely slip and it leaves a satiny shine (NOT a goopy mess) on my lips. I apply it often throughout the day and at night (and I can feel it on my lips in the morning). It has organic beeswax, jojoba, avocado, and hemp oils so it feels very nourishing. My lips weren't chapped at all and this was a very cold winter. It is really inexpensive - $2.99 for a 0.15 oz. tube and I'll always buy this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Was hoping it would be tingly and minty feeling, but its not. It goes on smooth and kind of oily/slippery, and feels nice, but doesn't seem to work any better or worse than other lip balms. I like that its natural though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:56:00 AM More reviews by FeralCreature

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite lip balms and the first I ever tried from Dr. Bronner's. I was drawn to the simple, natural ingredients and I always enjoy minty balms (and minty everything really) so checked it out... and I am really impressed.

Dr. Bronner's lip balm goes on easily and doesn't feel waxy or greasy and also doesn't leave a shiny "lip gloss" look behind. I find I don't feel the urge to apply it as often as many other balms which is great since I usually apply lip balms so obsessively they don't end up lasting long. When applied before going out into the wind/cold this balm does a good job protecting lips. After my short walk/bike ride home from work my lips are usually feeling parched even if I apply lip balm while walking out the door, but Dr. Bronner's is one of the few that I can still feel on my lips when I get back inside.

Overall great and I would definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 7:27:00 AM More reviews by jt1750

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love beauty products and I love reading others' reviews, but I'm usually to lazy to write my own. However, this baby has forced my hand.
It is awesome....no lie.
Like most beauty junkies, I have tried and owned about a million lip balms (a mate once emptied my bag and found ten different ones in there). My lips are constantly dry, be it Winter or Summer, dry or humid conditions. Most lip balms hardly make a difference and barely last on me. So far the best I've tried till now are Jack Black's and Lanolips 101 Ointment, but this little stick trumps 'em both.
It's sooo smooth, with plenty of slip, but not so thin that it disappears competely into your lips and not greasy at all. Just lots of lovely moisture that smooths out the lines in my lips with a slight, minty tingle. And when it does wear off, I'm not left with tight, dry lips like I have had with some other balms. Extra points for it being in a simple, swivel stick format. Extra extra points for it being cruelty-free and organic.
The only downer is that in London where I live, it's pretty expensive at about 3 a stick. Damn you tax! Still it hasn't stopped me from buying several tubes to stash in bags and at home. Loving it long time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this to replace my Burt's Bees lip balm that I keep by my bedside. It was on sale so I figured I would try it. I love this! It has great slip but is not overly greasy like some lip balms are. I'm a fan of peppermint so the scent is great - nice and cooling :) The formula is also long lasting and very moisturizing. No spf which is why I use it as a night time lip balm. A great lip balm all around (and I'm a lip balm aficionado). I will be trying other flavors of this and will repurchase peppermint when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by zayala

This is excellent lip balm, that had everything I was looking for. Deeply penetrative, refreshing, and with a good *slip* when first applying.
.. Not hard, waxy or one that just sits on top of the lips leaving a film.
I always find peppermint oil in balms refreshing and good for my lips for some reason.. So for all of these reasons Dr. Bronner's Magic organic lip balm Peppermint, fit the bill and definitely saved my desperate lips the night I bought it (without having read reviews).
The biggest plus is that it heals and *doesn't* have to be re-applied constantly... I know this because I'm not instinctively out of habit, stashing it in my pocket everywhere I go like my old balm (which was also, all natural)
The price was great, especially since it's going to last awhile. The tube is basic and works like it should.
5/5 For sure

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is one of the best lip balms there is, in the market. My lips feel so soft and moisturized, without being sticky. Avocado oil is the miracle ingredient, I guess. Most of the other natural lip balms have coconut, jojoba and sunflower oils, which seem to be less absorbent than avocado oil.

This lip balm needs to be re-applied frequently. Another issue I have is the packaging, which is very basic. The balm stick does not go back into the tube after operating the roller - or maybe I have got a bad functioning sample.
I am not reducing the 5 lippie count because of this, since the actual lip balm product is awesome.

Best use I have for this balm is to apply it overnight. Lips are smooth as butter in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ADoyle90815

I decided to try this as I love the peppermint soap, and after reading reviews here. I'm glad I did as it really does make my lips feel moist, plus it's not waxy so it's great under lipstick. I had used Burt's Bees for years, but now this stuff is my HG lip balm.