September 30, 2014 | 1306 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Concealer Brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I heard good reviews and I purchased it but never really reached for it, until now. Although it is marketed as a concealer brush, I love how it applies cream shadows like Maybelline's Color Tattoos! I don't like dipping my fingers to apply cream shadows or bases because of sanitary reasons but I also find that the application ends up a little patchy on my lids. The synthetic bristles on this brush "grab" the product and apply it smoothly. However, I dislike how it applies powder eyeshadows but that might just be a personal preference (Mac's 239 or Elf's $1 Eyeshadow brush are more my taste for regular shadows). It is well made and it looks stylish and for $3, you cannot beat that!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I genuinely can't think of a single good thing about this brush. The bristles are way too compact, so instead of a nice textured surface with which to apply your concealer, you get a super smooth surface which just slides about. The result being that any concealer you try applying with it also slides about on your face, leaving unsightly streaks and definitely not flawless skin. I wouldn't recommend getting this brush and certainly wouldn't repurchase it. It now sits in the pot on my dresser unused and unwanted and I'm certain it won't be long before it ends up in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by mnm861794

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this as a concealer brush, I would rather use my fingers or another brush b/c it's too dense. This brush works really well to pack on eye shadow though! It picks up a lot of product and I love the way it does that.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:17:00 PM More reviews by leslie7622

Too stiff to be a good concealer blush. It doesn't spread the product too well. I use liquid concealers usually and I find myself using either my fingers or my CVS essentials concealer brush. I do sometimes use it for creasing my brow contour. But I also prefer my CVS eyeliner brush for that. I don't really like this brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Made with good quality but this brush is just too firm for me to use under my eyes and I don't find it gives as good coverage as ELFs newer fluffy concealer brush, The Flawless concealer brush or something, However this would be great for something like cream eyeshadows, eye primers or very hard pot concealers for spot concealing. For these reasons I would repurchase, but for ME its not a necessity and I just don't end up using it for concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:03:00 AM More reviews by Poptimist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a really great concealer brush. I bought nearly all of the studio brushes half off and I'm really glad that I got them. They are worth double or even triple the price. If you are wondering if you should splurge on a high-end brush, trust me, you don't have to! These are great, they are soft, don't shed, and work perfectly. This one is the perfect size and density for my undereye. It blends my concealer out and can also be used to pack a lot of concealer on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this brush , this is the only brush that allowed me to precisely follow the very thin shadow that my under eye bags creates and conceal it successfully ... Very great for precise work ..didnt shed a single hair..firm and soft , excellent concealer brush I have already bought another one .

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This brush is way to thick bristles for a concealer brush./it eats up all the product leaving nothing on the surface for you to put on your under eye or spot. If u use expensive concealer this brush is a great way to waste product.
What the brush doesn't soak up just just goes on way to streaky.
I know it just 3 $ but it not even worth that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I like smaller brushes for concealing (the one from the essential line is just the right size) but I find this pretty similar to the ''eyeshadow C brush'' so I use it for packing on eyeshadow and it works great. It's soft but firm, doesn't shed and the bristles maintain their shape even after several washes. Have already purchased another one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by ketu86

This brush has a nice firmness for applying concealer, the thinness of the brush gives good control. It is slightly wide for precision work and it is a bit harsh to use under the eye but I don't think these cons outweigh the pro of its price.