August 27, 2014 | 1975 users online

Fragrances - Prada - Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by zawier

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've just purchased my second bottle of Fleur d'Oranger. I love the smell of orange blossoms. I've tried Jo Malone and other orange blossom/flower scented fragrances. In my opinion, they cannot compare to Fleur d'Oranger. It captures the orange blossom perfectly. I have received many compliments while wearing this fragrance. If you are looking for a very feminine fragrance that is soft, and long lasting - this is it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 3:54:00 AM More reviews by NumberSixBiitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Do not pay full price for this perfume! It is soft and wonderful like expensive, delicate, fancy soap... but it disappears quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Linneaus

This is my favourite perfume.

I bought this blind after trying and loving Infusion d'Iris and I'm so glad I bought it oblivious to the poor reviews here.

The opening is a bit of a shocking cloy but within a minute or so you it morphs into the most beautiful soft floral, orangey, neroli-y scent. It smells like fresh linen and white soap, seductive, sophisticated and reassured. It's pretty linear from here onwards.

Up to now, I've never had particular attention from guys or men by wearing a perfume, but this perfume is golly gosh, WOW! I'm luckily ensconced, but I each time I've worn this perfume I've elicited some smiles and double takes from a guys that, if I may admit, I found quite attractive myself :)

As my boyfriend said recently- it smells like the perfume you'd imagine your girlfriend to wear. Like you have confidence and are comfortable with yourself, like you are a trustworthy, kind person, but also have a seductive sensual zest. The sophisticated and reassured nature of the perfume will bring out these qualities in the wearer herself.

With all that I've said, I wear the perfume for my own delight and happiness, but it's a new layer of happiness to get such positive reinforcement, compliments and smiles.

It's not like the common cloying infantile sweetness or the narcissistically, vapidly, sexy commercial offerings out there, but at the same time it's isn't for the pernickety perfume hacks out there, who want unconventional, complex and strong scents. It does however work very well , linear as it is and to most people it will smell sophisticated and expensive.

There might be a few reasons for the negative reviews- I think it's about expectations, many people here bought the perfume because they liked Infusion d'Iris (as did I) or loved Orange blossom scents and I think they didn't take the time to appreciate the scent for what it is. The other thing is body chemistry- this works perfectly on me, you might have to experiment to found out for yourself. Generally I do like softer perfumes.

If you manage to take anything from my review, I hope you don't let the negative reviews dissuade you from sampling the perfume. If I had read the reviews here I would have missed my HG favourite scent. Keep an open mind.

Just spray or get a sample before you make up your mind- that's all I'm asking! I hope you like it as much as I do. Good Luck!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2012 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Found 50ml discounted at Winners. I held back for three days and it was still there when I decided to buy it. I held back because no stores near me have any testers so I bought this blind. Knowing how much I love (but yet to buy) Infusion d'Iris - especially the Absolu - I thought Fleur d'Oranger might make a good summer version. Seconds after the Initial Spray, I can smell Id'Iris but then the neroli and orange blossom take over. I can't isolate the jasmine but it probably is the note that gives it some warmth. After ten minutes, everything softens up and stays linear. To me, it does not smell expensive or unique. One spray wears extremely close to the skin (my nose touches my arm to find the scent). It smells soapy, orange-y and clean. Although I consider it a light scent, it lasts more than 3 hours on me and that is surprising because my skin oil seem better with heavier scents like Fracas and Tom Ford. I don't foresee using up my bottle soon so I won't be needing to buy another bottle for a couple of years (if the juice keeps that long).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 11:27:00 AM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Bought this on Ebay as a little treat for myself at half price, not sure I would have sprung for it otherwise, at least not this month.

I love neroli and orange blossom fragrances, and have been lemming this for a couple years. Summer's here, and the time is right...it reminds me of the Jennifer Aniston fragrance a little. Lots of white flower with beachy freshness so it's not overpowering. I am going to be using this all season. For me, a nice replacement for Bobbi Brown Beach, similar enough to fill the same niche but actually a little prettier.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Got this at half price otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. It is pleasant in a soapy orange way with a hint of l'heure bleu in the drydown but, n staying power on me at all and I mean none. i prefer Jo Malone's indolic OB or Roger and Gallet to this. Three stars for effort.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Amoridei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So many people say that they can't stand this fragrance, but I love it! I like it more than infusion d'iris even. But it could be body chemistry, b/c the soapiness is not overwhelming on me. It smells amazing and unique. I think tomorrow I am going back to buy the lotion!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Notes for Prada Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger: neroli*, mandarin, jasmine, orange blossom absolute*, tuberose, and Serendoline (sic, per Neiman Marcus' site ~but that's a typo perpetuated into infinity; in fact it is Serenolide, a synthetic musk by Givaudan, which accounts for the "clean" base)

I got this tonight off craigslist and i have to say this is among the best i have (herme, lutens, matins, YSL), i LOVE this scent its both clean and sultry. its a unique blend for me. i like the opening heavy flowery opening that melts down to a lovely clean flower scent. for me, lovely.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

OK. So I'm still testing this and so far, it looks like a keeper. I will go back to Nordstrom tomorrow and purchase.
This did not smell like any form of Orange Blossom, however, it is a deadringer for L'Heur Bleu by Guerlain. I love that scent, but this is slightly lighter.
I love this--it will be a perfect winter scent!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 12:24:00 AM More reviews by waffle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Huh. The negative reviews are really tripping me out! I searched for this, expecting to find glowing reviews! Well, I'll put in my 2 cents. I don't get any wet dog smell -- or animal smell -- at all! To me, this smells like just washed linens, hung out to dry under orange blossoms. It's fresh, clean, not heavy or musky, and bright (with that orange blossom touch). It's absolutely perfect for summer, and still great in any other season, frankly. And it doesn't turn too sweet on my weird body chemistry either (which turns almost everything too sweet or musky). I absolutely love this perfume!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No