April 19, 2014 | 1841 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Cristalle Eau Verte

rated 2 of 5 on 7/30/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Maw70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a huge fan of Chanel Cristalle and wore it throughout my twenties. I always had mixed reactions from my husband, friends and family, some liked, some didn't. I recently purchased Cristalle Eau Verte, and any reaction would be welcome as sadly after half an hour it almost completely disappears on me. It starts off a little harsh and lemony, I think I can smell the magnolia and bergamot coming through as it dries down. Then nothing....... disappears on me. Perfumes usually last well on me. Sadly I won't be purchasing again as consider that I have spent £50 for nothing, very disappointed, I will go back to my other Chanel favourites.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by 190evo2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Can't get past the smell of a lemon cleaning product. My husband screwed his nose up too. So wanted to like it, but it's one of the worst perfumes I have ever had. Oh well, back to the chanel counter it goes...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by benzippo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Aha...another take on Cristalle, the legendary Cristalle after the EDP interpretation....

It is fresh, green and suprising, for a fragrance of this genre, I find this a very long lasting fragrance even more so if compared to the original Cristalle EDT (new re-formulated version) which is to me, hardly much left after half and hour or so.

I love the original Cristalle for it unique character but alas, it is not for me as it do not last on my body chemistry as metioned above but for Cristalle Eau Verte, it is a totally different story altogether....it lasts and smells divine with its constant all round freshness...

A great fragrance for hot weather and is a great perk me up or freshen me up fragrance....

As I always advocate fragrances with its own character and not the common fruity/syrup sweet smelling types, I find Cristalle Eau Verte (despite not entirely original in both name, as it is a flanker anyway as well as the constuction of the fragrance) still a very refreshing, interesting and more easily accepted twist from its original Cristalle big sister....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by lillie_munster

Imagine a bowl of ice-cold water, floating in it: lime slices, lemon blossoms, orange blossoms, blossoms freshly picked from a very green kind of jasmine, ice-cubes and sweet scented magnolia blossoms...

The effect is fresh and clear as water but never cold, just cooling and effervescent with a sweet top (the magnolia) that takes all the dreaded old-fashioned negative chypre-associations away.
(It is not: herbal or mossy, which I like per se, but this is NOT what you're going to find here - contrary to the original Cristalle EdT...)

Official notes are:
Magnolia, lemon, bergamot, neroli, jasmine, and abstract white flowers.

This is absolutely becoming one of my top three scents and my first choice for the upcoming spring and summer.

If you like Light Blue or Ô de Lancôme, go for it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i just lovvee! its so fresh , femme..and summery...i love the chanel chance..fra. green....but this is much better to me, i like the green chance but this is less musky i think and more brighter....i have 2 bottles!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by JuliaLikesPerfumes

i love how this fresh, rather masculine smell developes into a warm feminine scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was in the mood for something to remind me of summer, now that winter feels right around the corner. I had Cristalle in mind, having been a long-time fan of the EDT and having had a brief fling with the EDP. I tested both, and neither were hitting the mark. This flanker turned out to be just right. It has the lightness and sharp citrus of the EDT and the sweeter floral of the EDP (but magnolia here vs jasmine). If you like either, it is worth testing. The SA told me it layers well with the original Cristalle lotion. I haven't tried it yet, but it smells plausible.

ETA: I have bumped up the lippies from four to five as I've been wearing this every day for over a week and completely love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by sissyfris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eau Verte, maybe. Overt- no. I really, really like this and have revelled in my little decant during a hot week but the lasting power is crummy. Low sillage, too. Maybe this is a good thing for some, but I like to smell a bit of the goods that I've shelled out so much hard earned cash for. At about a dollar a ml, it's the perfume equivilent of a mocha frappichino, because you'll go through about $5 a day if you reapply it frequently enough that you can percieve it on yourself. So no, I wouldn't repurchase. But man, is it a singingly glorious summer morning for the first 15 minutes or so... Lovely, classy, refreshing, clean but lacking that hideous windexey note that so many 'clean' modern scents go crazy for. It smells like Grace Kelly in white linen tennis clothes off to play a match of both sport and wit against James Stewart. Just perfect if it works for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by subtropicalbabe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle of Cristalle Eau Verte. I have to say i absolutely adore it! it works magic with my body chemistry. I get why someone finds it masculine because my friend liked it on me so much she sprayed some on her wrist, we both agreed that it smelled like men's cologne on her - musky and woody (weird!).

but on me it smells citrusy at first, which is perfect for Hong Kong summer, after half an hour or so it dries down to a beautiful floral note. The only thing to complain about is the staying power, i have to re-apply during/after lunch. Gotta figure out a way though now that i have the 100ml bottle!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by snissie

I wore the original Cristalle in the early 80s and absolutely loved it - it was the only fragrance for me - but then they changed it and I didn't like it anymore. So I was excited to find that they'd come out with this version. This will definitely "remind" you of the original Cristalle but it's more feminine and soft. It opens with the same lemon/bergamot notes as the original Cristalle, but dries down to a "soapy" scent, with the citrus notes in the background. Maybe it's the magnolia, which some describe as "creamy", or maybe it's just how it smells on me. So it seems odd that they would name it "Eau Verte" as if the green notes are more emphasized than the original Cristalle when in fact I think it's the opposite. Anyway it's a nice blend of crisp and feminine, and subtle enough to wear for everyday. Since I can't have the original Cristalle, I guess this is the next best thing.