MAC Lustre in Lady Bug

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is a gorgeous, very wearable red. It has a nice sheen that keeps my lips moisturized for hours. The red colour is not sharp or shocking, it's a bright yet gentle red that's perfect for the office and every day use. My favourite red and my favourite MAC lipstick.

on 2/7/2015 8:25:00 PM

This is my favourite red lipstick. Mac's lustre finish leaves a glossy shine, hydrates the lips and is comfortable to wear. This red doesn't lean too blue nor too orange and as such, is the perfect neutral red for my NC20 skin tone. It can be worn quite sheerly in one or two coats - suitable for daily wear, and can be built up to a bright, show-stopping red quite easily - perfect for nights out and glamorous occasions. This lipstick is my go-to red.

on 1/19/2015 11:54:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This lipstick is my favourite red, it is a beautiful shade and looks amazing on my lips. For some people this may be a slightly bright colour so I would recommend using a lip brush if you are looking for a more natural look. I also feel this lipstick could look amazing on any skin tone as it it looks beautiful and has a really nice finish.

The staying power isn't great but I still think it is worth the price as apart from this it has all of the quality you would expect from MAC, plus as always it comes in the traditional MAC packaging which I feel adds a touch of elegance to my makeup collection.

I would definitely recommend this lipstick to a friend.

on 11/17/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Nice neutral/ almost sheer red. If your lips are always cracked, this is for you, will not highlight any cracks or dry lips. A major con is the lasting power, 2 hours max

Edit:
I wouldn't call it neutral, it is bright but very flattering on my NC45 skin. It is less sheer and more opaque if you don't wear a balm under.

on 9/13/2014 7:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I ordered this from MAC having read reviews and expected an orangey-red shade but on me it's a pink-red and looks very matronly. I think it's a very boring shade, not that it lasts very long. It needed reapplying within minutes as it glides right off. It has a really strong smell too, more than any other MAC lipstick that I own (and I own many).

on 8/3/2014 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Thanks to the help of the great ladies on MUA, I have found my HG red lipstick! I'm one of those people who doesn't fit the blue/red lipstick makes your teeth look whiter category. In fact, mine look almost gray when pairs with a blue/red. Through many MUA recommendations, I tried MAC's Lady Bug, a lustre finish lippie. It is the perfect tomato red color without having an orangey undertone. No blue/red here-just pure warm red perfection. And it makes my teeth look whiter! It has a subtle shimmer and is moisturizing and very buildable. I will always have this in my stash!

on 8/2/2014 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Just like the name suggests, ladybug is a cute and inoffensive red lipstick. Nothing showstopping but can easily brighten up the face and add a little color. It is kinda sheer but can possibly built up to higher opacity. It's a great daytime red (it's what I bought it for). It's also a bit glossy but does not transfer too much, so I can usually forgo lip liner. Ladybug is a yellow-toned red, and so it should suit most of my fellow Asian girls, especially those with fair to medium skin.

Also, this was my first MAC lipstick in lustre, and I like the finish. It's shiny, non-drying and perhaps even a bit moisturizing. It only lasts about 2-3 hours on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this so much! With some winged eyeliner this is perfect for that quick Marilyn Monroe look that I was going for. :)

on 1/21/2014 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have a medium skin tone and brown hair with little bit of highlight, and this color works perfect for me. It is a tomato kind of red color. Red with a hint of orange in it. It looks really natural. If you are just starting to wear red color, i think this will be a perfect one to start with. It is not too red and it looks like an everyday red color. I personally think this color will suit people from fair- medium dark skin very well.

Pros:
-Color really brightens up your face. you can just wear black eyeliner and pop on this lipstick and you'll look fresh instantly, or even when you skip the eyeliner, this lipstick will still works really well to give you that pop of color freshness.

- The color pay off is really great too! the color is buildable. You can go from sheer to intense by applying 2-3 layers of it.

- Being lustre formulation means that its got a little bit of shine to it which is perfect as it does not look to drying on the lips. Also, it moisturizes the lips more than the matte formulation.

- I find that when this lipstick fades, the color is still pretty. it does not make it look too obvious when it fades.

Cons:
- Lustre formulation is not long lasting. It needs a little bit of work done to make it stays on for longer. Without lip liner, this lipstick keeps on sliding off. It easily bleeds and it does not look as great. I found that the best way to use this lipstick is to first use a lip liner to line and fill in your lips, moisturize with a lip balm, dab your lips on a piece of facial tissue, and then use the lipstick. By doing this, you are preparing your lips to have something to stick on to and still have moist lips without being overly too moist. Just remember to moisturize your lips the night before so it will look better.

- I have to reapply about 3 times in about 10 hours of wear (i think its pretty normal but it would be more awesome if the color stays on a bit more and not bleed too often)

hope this review is useful.

on 1/15/2014 1:04:00 AM

I loooove this color, since it's not too bright or anything it's good for everyday wear :) it's so perfect!

Recommended for Medium Skin