December 20, 2014 | 1515 users online

Eye Shadow - New York Color - Metro Quartet-Union Square (818A)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by 057Yasminh

I use this product as a neutral everyday look, I just wish it didn't ware off so easily and that the colours would be more pigmented. Usually I have to rub the eyeshadow brush three or four times untill I get the colour to show up well on my eye. Looking at the back I followed the given instructions on how to use the palette, the lightest colour seemed to stand out a little more, but the layout was good

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by SoCalNanny

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up while at Rite Aid and am glad i did. The shadows are beautiful and very pigmented. The primer it comes with is actually very good quality. I got it because I need a travel shadow palette and am so glad i did! (Rite Aid has 40% off NYC products, I was able to snag this for $2.99! yay=)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 4:16:00 PM More reviews by HeidiF69

These are just awful. The colors looked so pretty in the store, and once I opened them at home, I found that some of the colors had already crumbled on the edges. There is almost NO color in these at all. You might get a hint of sparkle, but they remind me of the play makeup where there isn't enough pigment to be seen. For something with no pigment, it manages to have incredible fallout. It's really lose, lose with these. Please avoid and get Wn'W instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/5/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

its cheap and the colors are pretty and neutral and easy to work with
the pigmentation is pretty bad but i dont really mind since im a neutral look kinda girl
basically if your looking for rlly good pigmentation, dont go with these.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 9:12:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can see why it dont have the best rating but i like this palette. Its a great palette for a daytime neutral look. Its not super pigmented but sometimes i need a daytime look and this def delivers. The highlight color is a cream or sand, the lid is a bronzy orange, the crease is med bronze brown and outer corner is a dark coffee brown. I love all the shades. U can def do a whole daytime look with just 1 palette and 4 nite time u can add a black in the outer v and viola! I got mine @rite aid for $2 and can get it cheaper if u wait 4 a sale. I like neutral shadows and def these quads. I like the matte black packaging with a window in front 2 see which colors are inside. I have very pale skin and these show up very well and stay put thru work or the day but i do use a primer and a cream base (also can get a great primer and cream bases from drugstore or online which r cheap and work like a charm) these are great quads!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by GuerlainAds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

NC35 here.

I am surprised at the high rating here. These look and have the same quality as the old City Duet NYC shadows that have such deservedly low ratings on MUA and were overhauled this summer with squarer pans. I'm surprised these werent overhauled also.

I have Union Square and Chelsea chic. Chelsea is the only Quartet with frosty blue in it. I got these for 2 for $1 or I wouldnt have bothered to try them since I had experience with the NYC City Duets.

From swatches on a blog, I knew that Union Sq was the most pigmented of the 5 offered. The highlighter color - a shimmery cream - is useless, like the highlight color in Chelsea. Even with primer underneath, the color disappeared in less than 2 hrs. The other 3 colors were useable, altho I wasnt too crazy about the lid color which was an orangey gold.

In the Chelsea, only two of the colors were useable: the silvery taupe and the dark brown. I guess I COULD have used the frosty blue if i packed it in enough but I had a Lancome e/s that looked similar and had way more pigment. For cheap drugstore e/s in this price range, I recommend Wet n Wild or Jordana for much better quality at the same price point - $3.99 retail. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 6:40:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

I'm not sure if I would get this again, it's a great neutral palette, but I have plenty. Doesn't mean I don't like it. I love that it has matte base colors, the cream and the medium brown. There is a bronzy brown and a deep plum purple, both with shimmer. This is great for vacation or travel if the primer works as well as the shadows, but I have other favorite primers, and I don't have the time to test if my eyeshadow will crease with this one. Then again, maybe I SHOULD test it before travel to see if this is all I need!

The shimmer is great for the inner corner of your eye, tho I haven't tried that either, haha. :-/

Anyway, for this size of a compact, you'd think they'd put a mirror in it!

*Note, I just swatched these and purple's a little more sheer, but the other three, especially the bronze brown is highly pigmented. So be careful with that one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2010 8:44:00 AM More reviews by niarai

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this palette. i use it with jordana's craving coffee cream shadow as a shadow primer...it makes my brown eyes glow. i will definetly be buying these again...perhaps the brown sugar color wheel since i have heard so many good reviews about them.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by yaitza

This product it's ok, cheap but not as good as WnW. Colors didn't show up well on my skin and after a few hours the colors faded and looked like I only had one brown shade ( I used all 4). It will probably work better with primer, which I skipped since I was in a hurry. Will give it another try with primer and we'll see. Won't repurchase anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2010 2:06:00 PM More reviews by piscesenchantress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't let the cheap price fool you, these shadows are excellent! They come in some nice shades and have decent pigmentation and staying power! You can't beat getting a quad for $3 or less.