April 17, 2014 | 1966 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by vivihope

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So today I was very lucky I went on Craigslist and found someone that was selling Latisse for $60 the 5ml and the 140 applicators. I ask her if it was authentic she send me pictures of product and it was the Latisse box sealed and all the expiration is in Aug 2014 she said her friend works for the company and if they expire within the year they get rid of them. So I bought it for $50 because I was like 30 minutes away from her. I will try it today she said it takes about four weeks to see results if I use it with a eyeliner that I can buy from target it will last me 5 to 6 months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by ragingpunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG, this is like my must have beauty product! I have been using this for 4 months now and my eyelashes have grown insanely long and thick. Granted, I has decent eyelashes to begin with and am only 25 years old.. but I love dramatic lashes. I can get away with no mascara but when I do use my DiorShow primer and DiorShow Black Out mascara, my eyelashes look better than falsies! In fact, I had a photo shoot last week and the makeup artist put falsies on me but my real eyelashes were longer than them! She had to blend them in with mascara and said she had never had that problem before when applying falsies lol I get asked regularly if my eyelashes are real or extensions, even by the girl who waxed my brows! I swear by Latisse and will continue to maintain my precious lashes! Lol I have big brown eyes so I can't tell if any pigment changes and I think the skin at base of my lashes may have darkened a bit but it actually makes my eyes stand out even more without any makeup lol LOVE, LOVE, LOVE LATISSE! I highly recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jesssss

I've been using Latisse for close to a year and will never use it again. Following what other reviewers had recommended, I applied Latisse nightly using a fine, pointed eyeliner brush. I didn't see much of a difference the first month, but months 2-4 my eyelashes looked incredible- ridiculously long and darker than normal. In month 4 they stopped growing but were still super long. By month 5 my eyelashes started getting weak and breaking off. Then my upper lashes started shedding completely, leaving horrible bald spaces. I thought maybe the Latisse had just synced up the growth cycles of my lashes and maybe it was a normal stage. So I continued using it hoping my eyelashes would come back. They finally started growing back when I switched to using it every 3 days, but they only grew back as little stubs. I was only able to get them back to my natural length after I completely stopped using Latisse. With another bottle left and my lashes back to their natural length, I thought I'd give it another shot. But this time, I didn't experience any growth at all and instead my lashes went straight to the breaking off stage. Not good.

Since day 1 I had experienced significant redness around my eyes, but if it meant having crazy long + thick lashes I was willing to put up with it. But in the end, all it caused was red eyelids and stubby, sparse lashes. When I went back to the MediSpa I had been purchasing it from, I was told they've received similar feedback from numerous other customers as well. Definitely not worth the cost!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 11:21:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for over a year now and I'm in the maintence mode. I've always had pretty good lashes but since my late 40's and allergies have set in I have lost a good deal of them. My part time job is at a spa and they sell this product. There maybe Generic out there but this is worth every penny to me.

When you start this product you need to either get 2 boxes of the 3ml or a 5ml bottle. It takes 16 weeks or roughtly 120 applications to get the maximum growth you will get from this product. No matter how much you try after 16 that's all your body is going to give you for lashes. After that you go into maintence and only need to apply it 2-3 times a week to keep the growth. If you quit it takes about 16 weeks and your lashes will go back to their normal length. I had noticeable growth about the 3rd month. You must be patient. This isn't an overnight process and you need to get into the mindset you will need to keep up the maintence just like a haircut. The med spa where I work sells 3ml bottles at about $89.00 and 5ml at $119.00. I think this is on the less expensive side. but check medical spas that do fillers and tox treatments they generally have the licence to sell this product. It is an RX so a Dr. or Phy Asst or nurse practioner must sign off on it. You also should not use this if you have any eye pressure problems. If in doubt ask your eye Dr. before you buy it. If you have blue or light eyes you can permaently darken the pigment in your eye. You can also get a dark shawdow where the product is applied. I did but it doesn't brother me I either cover it over with primer or let it do it looks like eyeliner. BUT the eye pigment change can be permanent so be aware!

To use this is EASY. Last thing you do before you go to bed with a face clean of eye makeup and oils . Put one drop in the cap. Dip your brush and apply it like eye liner to each eye. Don't use more than a drop you will irrate your eyes. Also the brushes they give you, Throw them out or cut them in half. Use a regular eyeliner brush for this. Their brushes grab WAY too much product and your wasting money. I use my brushes as disposable lip gloss brushes or to apply glue to my falseys.

I can't say enough good praises for this product. I cut back on how much mascara I use and with my falseys WOW they look fantastic. Before you jump in chek the companies website for warnings and look at the brochures. for me this was a fantastic product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by elemenop

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bimatoprost is the same as Latisse is the same as Lumigan. Some physicians have been using Lumigan (Bimatoprost) for hypotrichosis or short eyelashes for several years.

Physicians first noticed the effects of Bimatoprost using Lumigan, which is also sold by Allergan, for the treatment of glaucoma.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I will update this review as I progress with the Latisse. I began using it around Thanksgiving, so I'm now about five weeks in. This morning was the first time I noticed a difference when I curled my lashes (after heating the curler with my hairdryer, of course!).

My method to apply: using a flat liner brush, add one drop per eye.

My lashes are long to begin with, but sparse and look spidery with mascara. Therefore my goal is volume too, which I have yet to see. Will update!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by kitty55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really works, but I have 2 words. GO GENERIC! This is a medication that was originally made for glaucoma. They discovered that the patients that were using it grew long, thick eyelashes so Allergan, the company that makes Lumigan, slapped a new label on it and jacked the price up to 4 times what it was and gave us Latisse, a total rip-off. It's "bimatoprost 0.03%" and is marketed under numerous names including: Latisse, Lumigan, Careprost, etc. and has been around for years. Anyway, I have been using Careprost since Latisse came out and my lashes are full, long and dark at $15/bottle. It has also thickened and darkened my brows. LOVE it..

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros:
Longer, darker, and more curled lashes that look almost fake with mascara. My mom asked me if I was wearing false eyelashes.
Although it says not to, I've used it on my lower lashline and the ends of my eyebrows with milder but pleasant results.

I'm nearing the end of my first bottle of Latisse and am wondering if I should go for the generic brand instead. Which do you recommend, ladies? I can't plunk down all that cash again.

Definitely use a thin eyeliner brush and wash often. The plastic applicators that come in the (excessive) packaging soak up and waste the drops.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by girliechew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm normally a skeptic. on just about everything. I had to see a dermatologist for a freak break out on my face which cleared up by my 2nd visit. on my 2nd visit, I noticed a brochure for Latisse and was feeling pretty good about my complexion so I decided to try and I gotta say, it works!!! I'm on month 2 of using the product and I can totally see results. I got a special 5ml bottle that's supposed to last 4+ months and I think it will probably last 6+. DO NOT USE the applicators that come with the product. they are wasting the product thru capillary rise. Use one drop in the cap and use an eyeliner brush. keep the brush held in a downward position until u are ready to apply to your eyelashes. And one drop is more than enough for both eyes. I can't wait to see what they look like by month 4. I always envied people with long eyelashes. I'm just a normal woman - not a beauty by any means. but having longer eyelashes makes me feel beautiful and feminine. Strongly recommend if u are wiling to try and spend some money. I consider it an investment in my overall psyche.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works!!!!
Yes indeed it does, there can be no question about that. I have been using this since this summer and I love my lashes!!
So the obvious pros of the product are that it does truly work. My lashes are longer darker and thicker!!
The cons?
Well, obviously the cost. I will say that once you get the desired results you can scale back to every few nights with no issues. Also you can use only one drop for both eyes with the applicator and save some money that way too. (But to get my results I was a drop per eye regularly initially)
Ive read of people using an eyeliner brush instead of the applicators and using one drop for both eyes. I suppose you can do that too, I'm just a hygiene freak so i open the supplied applicator container a bit and take one out, then apply a drop very carefully to my applicator
..( hold it sideways and get so close to it with the bottle of Latisse that you almost touch it and let the drop sort of saturate it that way)...
I did try to do it with an eye liner brush but... It was really drippy..( so proof that there is alot of product wasted in the supplied brushes)..
Another con?? It did kind of irritate my lash line the first few nights I used it. i almost didn't use it again, but decided to keep going.
You may find that you are definitely reddened above the lash line after each use.. Looks sort of sickly. But makeup covers that up.. And of course after a few days of not using it the redness is gone(then i use it again:) because I'm addicted hehe
I think that would be the only reason I would maybe not maintain this.
Hope this helps anyone on the fence about using!!!
Oh and ps:
I still use mascara, cant imagine not... So it hasn't eliminated the need for that!!
Mascara just makes them look beautiful and finished..