Latisse Lash Growth Drops

The active ingredient in LATISSE is bimatoprost 0.03%.
Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

on 10/3/2015 10:26:00 AM

I started using Latisse years ago. I was skeptical at first because it seems nothing works on me like it is claimed (I swear it!) Latisse is a huge exception. I didn't use the brushes included because every review I read or watched agreed they just wasted product, for I believe at the time $130+, I definitely didn't want to do that with the very thin, runny liquid. So as suggested, I got a thin eyeliner brush and put one drop for each eye into the well on the cap (making sure to sanitize) I only ended up needing one drop for both eyes though otherwise it was dripping everywhere. It didn't burn my actual eyeballs if it did run in nor did I notice any smell. As instructed I used it every night before bed on clean eyelids. I still think I was a bit overzealous with use at first which made no difference in the amount of growth for me. I also used a tiny bit on the bottom outer corners of my lashes even though the instructions said top lid only.
The first things I noticed was a bit of itching right at my lashline, nothing too bothersome as to discontinue the Latisse and it went away in a week or two, and a darkness appeared in the exact place I applied the latisse at my lashline which did not go away until I ran out of the Latisse for a little while. When I began using it again I did not experience any itching or discoloration. It didn't bother me in the first place because it was a reddish-brown color which looked like I had a bit of liner smudged on. I have green eyes so luckily that particular color went well with my eyes and skin.
I had average lashes beforehand, nothing too short but required mascara to look good. I started to take photos every single week and was disappointed everytime there was no difference. I think it took two months for me to see any difference at all then it seemed practically overnight that my lashes became completely incredible! By the 16 week mark my lashes were to the top of my brow bone in length. The tips were no longer blonde, each entire lash was incredibly thick, curly, (my lashes had NEVER curled) and very dark all the way from root to end. It wasn't only that each of my lashes themselves were long, thick, curly and dark, I had so many more lashes. Where I maybe had one some places two rows of lash I now seemed to have 4! The bottom lashes were just the same and where I had put the bit on the bottom outer corner they looked extra pretty. I wouldn't say my eyelashes looked like false eyelash strips even with mascara on but maybe like I had some of those individual lash cluster things on. It eventually became difficult to do my eye makeup because of how much my lashes had grown, I loved my lashes so much I didn't even worry about it too much :) One thing I did not like was that long hairs had also started to grow in the inner corners of my eyes and on the outer corners the top and bottom lashes got entangled so there was no definition between the two. It was completely worth it to just pluck them out a bit.
Once the 20 ish week mark passed I started to get some small spots of missing lashes here and there. The Dr I got my prescription from had already informed me that this would likely happen every so often which eased my worries about them staying that way and they didn't for long. As for iris pigment changes having green as I do, or hazel eyes makes you the most likely candidate for it to happen which I did not experience at all.
After my second bottle of Latisse I switched to the generic brand and honestly have noticed a difference. My lashes are not as individually as thick or curly but are equally long and dark as when I used Latisse. I would recommend getting the brand name if you can afford it. I will never stop using this product!

on 9/16/2015 10:54:00 PM

Background: Like everyone else, I was on a quest for longer lashes. I had reached max results with castor oil, so I took the next step and bought [generic] Latisse from a sketchy overseas pharmacy.

Method: I applied it to the base of my upper eyelashes at night, using an eyeliner brush. I saw results at roughly the timeline listed on the package (progress at 4-6 weeks and max results at ~12). My bottle lasted a lot longer than advertised, but I can't imaging applying more without getting it in my eyes. I tried to be cautious about not overdoing it in case I got unwanted side effects.

Pros: My lashes have a nice curl, and are about 30% longer and maybe 40% thicker. They are a bit darker, though the tips are still blonde. They fall out a lot less. The lower lashes had similar results in spite of me not applying there.

Cons: There was initial redness and burning along the lashline, though that went away after a couple of weeks. I did develop a smattering of fine hairs on the outer undereye area, but I can't see them unless I'm looking in my 10x mirror. Also, when my eyelashes do fall out, it's a lot of them all at once, so I sort of feel like I'm starting over a bit. If I accidentally apply too much, my eyes are irritated the next day. No eye color changes, though.

Conclusion: I definitely did not get the bambi falsie eyelash results that other people have had. Again, this is possibly because I didn't apply enough? Or possibly because it was generic? For the price, though ($30), I feel it was worth it & I've repurchased. I'm especially satisfied with the results because i have the most sensitive eyes ever, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to complete the course due to irritation. That wasn't the case, though; in fact, I find it less irritating than the castor oil.

on 8/19/2015 10:38:00 PM

It seems like after I turned 30 (4 years ago), my lashes have become shorter and lighter. Since I generally don't wear makup during the day (due to the nature of my work), I wanted to find something that would help my lashes grow longer and be more noticeable without makeup. I asked my dermatologist about Latisse durning my last appointment. Both he and the esthetician said it works amazing. So I decided to give it a try.

I purchased Latisse from my dermatologist for $100. I have no complaint on the price since I'm using this product purely for cosmetic reasons. And since I've found it to work amazingly well, it's definitely worth the price to me!

The first thing the dermatologist told me was to toss the applicators that come with it. I totally agree with him that they are garbage. The bristles are scratchy and the applicator is too big to precisely apply to drops. I have been using a fine point eyeliner brush to apply the Latisse, which works perfect.

To apply, I squeeze one drop into the cap. I then dip my liner brush into the product and line my up upper lash lines like I was applying eyeliner. I have found that one drop is plenty to line both of my eyes. That said, one bottle has actually lasted me a long time with daily use.

The first time I used it I did experience some burning/discomfort on my lids. Since I was pretty irritating, I waited a good four days to try it again. If It was going to continue to be unformatable to use, I wasn't going to continue using it at all. The second time I tried it the irritation was minimal, but still noticeable. So I waited another four days before trying it for one last time. After the third use I didn't notice and discomfort. I then started using it daily.

I have experienced a few side effects, however, they aren't bad enough to cause me to quit using it. The first thing I noticed after about a month of use was a slight dark line on my eyelids where I had been applying the product. Th darkening is incredibly minor, we are talking "tan/red", not black, blue or anything weird. Unless you were inches from my face, you would never notice it.

The second side effect I started to notice about three months after continued use: bloodshot eyes. It took me a while to figure out why I was waking up in the morning with red/bloodshot eyes. Once I finally realized it was from the Latisse, I debated discontinuing using it. But I found that OTC eye drops that "relieve redness" do the trick and make the redness go away. So I apply eye drops in the morning.

The results have been amazing! I've been using it for about four months now. The dermatologist warned me that I wouldn't see real results until about 11 weeks. After about 9 weeks I slowly started seeing longer lashes. And they have continued to grow longer.

I have noticed that my lashes arent all increasesing in length at the same rate. The lashes on the outer corner of my eyes seem to be growing a lot faster. Again, this is something that is probably only noticeable to me.

The huge benefit to having longer lashes is that my lashes look AMAZING with only minimal mascara. After one coat of mascara I have incredible length and beautiful lashes! The other benefit is that longer lashes are a lot easier to curl!

I completely recommend giving Latisse a try. Yes there are side effects, but for me the benefits outweigh the side effects.

on 8/6/2015 2:26:00 AM

This is the only product that will lengthen lashes, the rest are all marketing hype.
However!!!! are you ladies aware of the side effects??? it can cause the colour of your eye (iris) to forever you really want that?
Also a side effect is darkening of the under eye area?
These two side effects are so not worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it sucks that the serums do nothing ....Latisse took them to court and made them remove the effective ingredient out so all those expensive serums have nothing in them that will lengthen or add volume!!!! all the women saying they have results...its just your mind playing tricks on you or of course in 8-12 weeks lashes will grow so maybe that's all they are seeing......conditioning eyelashes helps mascara to go on smoothly though so im all for that but make no mistake it wont make eyelashes grow quicker or fuller...

Instead just make sure you have good nutrition (f you know you are hopeless just take fish oil tablets, a multi vitamin and one especially for healthy hair and nails Vitamin C, B vitamins such as Biotin (Vitamin B7 or Vitamin H) and Niacin (Vitamin B3).

Use a mascara primer first then mascara this will give you thick long looking lashes,

You can use a serum for eyelashes at night (too heavy to use during day) but none of the expensive ones can prove to do anything!!!! Castor oil or a cheap conditioning serum is fine

Use fake eyelashes for special occasions, the eyelashes that last 4 weeks will be too heavy for your eyelashes and snap them off....unless you can afford to permanently get these done every 3 weeks I would strongly advise not to do it, you will end up with stumps for eyelashes!!!! but if you can afford to do it forever then go for it they look incredible.

and my last tip, comb your eyelashes!!!! it will stimulate growth and used in conjunction with above you will get the best result.

Genetics are responsible for great lashes but the above tips will help....I just get annoyed when women are paying $90 or more for something that will not do a thing other than condition the lashes....blame Latisse for controlling the market! if it didn't have such bad side effects id be getting it in a heart beat but I love my blue eyes too much to risk them changing.

on 7/10/2015 1:34:00 PM

Great product, my lashes grew longer as they stated. Only complaint is the cost and the stiff brushes they give you. Lately I've been purchasing the generic version and have been getting the same results. I get mine from They sell it for a much cheaper price

on 6/25/2015 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have terribly short, straight, pale lashes and deep set eyes. Naturally, I had to try this product. It didn't sting going on but my eyelids at the base of my lashes felt sensitive the entire time. My eyes were bloodshot every morning. Even though I took the precaution and applied eye lubricant prior to brushing on Latisse with an eyeliner brush. After 4 weeks, I did begin to see a change in my lashes. When I applied mascara for the first time in a month, my left lashes were 2-3 mm longer than they were previously and my lashes were beginning to darken. Regrettably the eye redness and lashline tenderness was just too much. I looked hung over every morning and then, I developed dark circles under my eyes. I'm going to be 47 next month. I rather have short lashes than horrendous dark circles and puffy bloodshot eyes. I stopped using Latisse this week. My eyes are no longer puffy and bloodshot in the morning. The lashline tenderness is resolved. I'm now praying the dark circles fade. Going back to castor oil.

on 6/21/2015 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I'm pleased with my natural lash length, but who doesn't want to to pump it up a bit? I purchased Latisse and I can vow for it's efficiency. It works very well and others even noticed the increase in my lashes. I have purchased it twice. However....
When I bought this, one of the receptionist's at the Dr.'s office I purchased it from told me to NOT use the applicators it came with, as they end up using more of the product than is actually needed. Instead, she suggested I use an eyeliner brush. Which leads to my second gripe....This product is ridiculously expensive. It works, but I don't think it's necessary to spend this much. I have been using RapidLash, at a third of the cost, and am pleased. For this reason, I will not purchase Latisse again.

on 6/10/2015 6:52:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Started using latisse 2months back and am loving it! Although some of my lashes are growing stupidly longer than others, but hey, at least my lashes are groooooowing! Im so happy!

Basically I will drip 2 drops into the cap and used the applicator dip in and go along my top eye line, when theres still some left I will carefully apply over my brows. It worked beautifully thus far. Yes, gonna be careful not to touch the tip of the bottle with our dirty hands, so I will always use a alcohol swab/wipe to clean my hand and brushes(if I'm reusing the brushes)

I got it at $89.90 from a introduced by a friend!! Its definitely worth the try! just my 2cents. =D

on 5/9/2015 12:02:00 PM

I've been using Careprost for about 2 years now and couldn't be happier with the results. Over the years, I've purchased from various stores and it wasn't until last summer that I found my latest store and they were the only ones that actually knew how it is supposed to be applied. Before, I was putting drops into the cap of the bottle and dipping the brush there and applying. This is a huge mistake and I was basically asking for an infection. Just like Latisse, you have to avoid having the tip of the bottle touch anything. The second you double dip, its basically contaminated, and once you put the cap back on, you could potentially contaminate the entire bottle. I learned all this from inquiring almost everyday from TimelessBeauty101 who was patient enough to give me all the specifics. They included the same eyelid brush that I used to get from Latisse, not an eyeliner brush which requires more drops as it doesn't spread out easily on the eyelid.

A bottle may last over 2 months but it loses its effectivity and can possibly be bad for the eyes. Once a bottle has been opened, it can't be used for such a long period of time as it may initiate infection.

Putting 3 or more coats of mascara can be a potential cause of fall out after cleaning your eyelashes. Gentle care is much needed to keep it from falling out. Wash it gently and one or two coats of mascara will do its magic.

In a nutshell, find a company who can communicate properly in regards to what they are selling to eliminate improper usage of the product which causes infection and contamination.

on 5/6/2015 1:07:00 PM

I got Latisse since my lashes are skimpy and was hoping for more lashes. I used for about 1 month and had to stop using it. If you are thinking of using the PLEASE BE CAREFUL. I now have dark brown rings around my eyes and on my eyelids my eyes are itchy,The whites of my eyes are bloodshot from broken capillaries and worst of all- I now have blurry vision . I have since found out that these are all SIDE EFFECTS. I really wish I never tried this and could have done other things with the 175.00 it cost me. I'm hoping that my vision will improve and that these awful circles will lighten. I now look like I haven't slept in months. Beware of this product, I really did want it to work but it's not .