July 26, 2014 | 1730 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by SummerRogers78

HOLY EYELASHES! I love, love, love Careprost. When I first started growing my lashes I used Latisse. Yes, the expensive brand that I bought from a Botox office for $90. I used about 2 bottles and then I heard about Careprost. I will have to admit that I was hesitant to give it a try. What if it didn't work? Careprost is MUCH, MUCH cheaper. I will continue to repurchase Careprost again and again! No side effects for me. And www.beautybylarkins.com delivered my 5 careprost in ONE SINGLE DAY.Love them.
dramatic results in 6 weeks..

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is a review for LATISSE not the generic. I have been using it for a little longer than a month. There has been some growth but definitely not as much as I expected. I use it pretty consistently. There have been a few nights I forgot to use it but I don't know if it would even make a difference. I have blue eyes and there has been no change to my eye color. No darkening on the eyelid either. My eyes have been drier than usual but nothing too bad. I use an eyeliner brush to apply like most people mentioned. I wouldn't purchase this again. I will just wear false lashes when I go out because the effects are not that dramatic for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I've only been using Careprost (generic same as latisse) for 3.5 weeks, but lashes definitely got thicker and darker after about 2 weeks. Periodic itching first week or two, but it went away.
Can't tell if lashes are getting longer, but they look pretty good with mascara. I will update as I've used it longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by botticellia93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After only three uses, I developed the eyelid darkening that Allergan warns about. On me, this will not pass for eyeliner; rather, it looks like mottled purple bruising, complete with veins, covering an area just wider than the application site. Not a good look! It "may be reversible," we'll see. Meanwhile, I'll never use this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Rie60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I order my careprost online @ $12.57 a bottle with free shipping- it takes a bit to get here (Im on day 6 of waiting and expect another 6 days until delivery) but for the amount I save, as long as I don't run out in the meantime I'll be good to go. I love it ( tried latisse before) but my eyelashes to go a little wonky in direction when they get very long. Then I just have to back off a bit!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 12:38:00 AM More reviews by georgiaibero

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ordered my first 2 bottles of Careprost from reading reviews here in MUA. So I'm here now to make a review about the product and it's pros and cons.

Careprost is an amazing product. I was very pessimistic about using it on my eyelids after reading the side effects. But in the end, it was all worth it!

1st Week - I had redness on my eyes, when I contacted where I got it from. They didn't respond at all. So I contacted a different online supplier. Crystal from crystalbeauty101 said that it might have been due to unwashed applicator or I was applying too much. So I became very careful with the application.

2nd week - Redness went away but still a little itchy. I was worried but kept going. After few days, itchiness just went away by itself.

3rd-7th Week - very minimal results were showing.

11th week - Whooaaahhhh... I know it sounds like I woke up one day with nice long and thick lashes! But my lashes are darn amazing! With the help of mascara, they show more volume and thickness! People from work really think I'm using fake lashes. That's how great this product is.

I'm on my 4th month and I still can't get over the fact that there's really a breakthrough like Careprost.

Careprost promised that in 4 months, if you follow the simple steps, you will see great results! So far for me, this product kept its promise :)))

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:19:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Works. Addicted and I love it. Works on eyebrows too! Tip:use one drop on your finger and massage or rub over lash line to mKe product last longer. I feel like the sterile brushes are a waste.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ColoradoChick303

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using Latisse (the name brand) for over 2 years. LOVE IT, and can't live without it !!! I have very sensitive skin, but have not had any problems at all with Latisse.

BTW - the mascara I can't live without is L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes (see my review). If you use both the primer and mascara on Latisse lashes, you'll look like you're wearing false eyelashes!

Latisse is expensive, so these are my tips on making it last a LOOOONG time. You will get the same great results as you would with nightly application. I'm 4 months into a 5 ml bottle, and expect to get at least another 6 months out of it (I'll update this when it's done to let you know how long it lasted).

FREQUENCY - every night for 6 weeks; then 2 or 3 x a week for maintenance

When you first start, use it every night. It takes 5 or 6 weeks for full results, so be patient. The first few weeks, you won't notice any difference at all.

Week 4 - I suddenly noticed a difference when I put on mascara (L'Oreal Double Extend Beauty Tubes Mascara).

Week 6 - I can't do nightly application anymore because my lashes will get too long (long enough that I would have to trim them - yeah, seriously).

After 6 weeks, I backed down to 2 or 3 x per week. Eyelashes have an ~ 6 week turnover rate, so don't get lazy and blow it off completely for a couple of weeks - you'll be starting all over again. Just apply it every other - or every 3rd day, or so.

APPLICATION TRICKS
-- the instructions say to put one drop on the brush and apply it to the 1st eyelid. Then a 2nd drop for the 2nd eyelid. Using my tricks, 1 drop works for both eyelids and your eyebrows.

1. Use the brushes they give you, but cut the bristles down so they are about 1/3 to 1/2 of their original length. Basically just long enough to pick up product and "line" your upper eyelid. If you use the brushes at the length they give you, you waste a huge amount of product.

2. Put one drop of product into the Latisse cap. Make sure the drop hits the bottom of the cap, and not any of the ridges. Tip the cap a bit, so the drop pools to one side. Dip the brush into the product.

3. Start on the first eye, and draw along your upper lash line like you would an eyeliner. Get as far as you can with the first eye. You may not get the first eye completely done. When the brush is dry, some of the product goes into just getting the brush wet the 1st time through.

4. Dip the brush into the cap again, and continue where you left off on applying it to your upper lash line. After the brush is damp, it picks up the product much better.

5. Just keep doing that until you've used up the 1 drop you put in the cap. I'm able to go over both upper eyelids twice. People have told me it works for their sparse eyebrows, but I didn't notice a difference when I tried it.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:07:00 PM More reviews by Mcer32255

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My review is for the generic careprost. Bought at crystalbeauty101, fast shipping, less than $30 for .3ml. Have used Latisse from S and had great success but stopped due to cost. My Lashers really show change in about a month. I'm 59 and better lashes make a huge difference. Ladies, take the plunge, go generic!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My review is for generic Careprost-I just ordered 3 bottles so Careprost has not been discontinued, so I don't understand why that review area says that. I have always had long lashes but I've noticed as I have aged-mid 50's now-they have seemed to just be thinning out. I wanted them to be thicker and full and Careprost has done that. Seriously, after only 2 and half weeks, I could see results. My lashes are soooo thick and dark and healthy looking. I hardly need much mascara at all, this is just crazy to me!! I have had no side effects from using this product. I think sometimes I feel my lids are a little red or itchy but in the morning, I don't notice any of that. I love the price of this, about $29 a bottle. Nice. I recommend this wholeheartedly, great for thinning lashes. I have also been seeing the length grow also, but I am stunned at the thickness and fullness of my eyes, worth $29 bucks.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No