September 21, 2014 | 1150 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm at week 14 and my results have been incredible--both for upper and lower lashes and brows. Lashes are twice as long and about three times as thick. Brows are three times as thick and are longer to the degree that I must groom more frequently (SOOO worth it!) It seems to work more quickly on brows than lashes. I may be in the minority in that I like the stiff synthetic brushes provided with the kit. A natural bristle brush will soak up more product, rendering it less efficient. I moiosten then brush with water first and blot it dry with tissue. This softens the bristles. I use only one brush per application and slowly put one drop near the end, gently twirling it and pointing the brush downward a bit to evenly distribute the product. I then do one upper and lower lashline and one brow. I repeat the process for the other side. No matter what type of brush you use, I don't quite understand using only one drop when the directions call for two. Why cut corners on such a miracle product? How can you know that you are getting the same results with half the prescribed amount? Also, Allergan clearly states that you have to continue to use the product nightly to retain results. Now, I truly love beautybylarkins.net because they are the only online company who is authorized to sell here and they delivered in only 1 day(can't bet that)

Bottom line: this is a VERY exciting and effective new product.

Update- Even my husband commented on my ridiculously long lashes. I think he thought they were false....lol

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by shesUNIQUE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just received my Careprost in the mail and used it one time as of today. I will start an 8 week journey to see what my results will be and document everything with before and after pictures as well as a new update every week. You can follow my blog here to see pictures: careprostgirl DOT blogspot DOT com

I have used different eyelash enhancers before but I never found one that truly makes you say "WOW" so I am hopeful that this experience will be better than the rest. I love mascara would love to be able to go out without having to apply so many coats of it. Let's see how this goes...

careprostgirl@gmail.com

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by michellep426

I used Latisse in the past and it did increase my lashes! I seen a difference after a week and after a month it was noticeable. I discontinued it because it made my eyes SO dry and itchy and red. I love lashes... I think having good looking lashes is one of the most important things to your look. I came across Younique 3D Fiber lashes... and WOW. This stuff is amazing! It increases your lashes by 300% INSTANTLY not to mention it's completely affordable and as easy to use as putting on mascara. Where has this stuff been all my life? Go to www.youniqueproducts.com/michellehare to check it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by CarlaHaas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best product ever.Long lashes super fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is available via prescription from a dermatologist. It is expensive, but it works....really well! The only reason I don't use this product anymore is because there is a side effect where it can turn blue or green eyes brown. To me, this is not worth the risk of losing my green eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CocoaSkinChi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

About 3 years ago I began getting mink lash extensions and every 3-4 weeks, I got a refill. Eventually I stopped getting them to save money and notices that my lashes were really really sparse. Began wearing strips and didn't like them because I felt like they were pulling out more lashes. I didn't want bald spots yet couldn't live without lashes, so eventually I went to a different lash lady while taking hair and nail vitamins. After a few months of going to her, she got them to grow back. I guess her technique was safer which makes sense the same way some hairstylists are better with installing and removing hair extensions than others. Sadly my new lash lady relocated. At this point i was aware that going to another lash lady could damage my lashes so I was really sad. She recommended that I try latisse and another lady that is good with lashes... but I never made it to the new lady because Latisse grew my lashes out so much!

Initially, I noticed small hairs growing in and my lashes didn't feel so flimsy and thin. I actually felt some resistance when I touched them!

Weeks later, the lining of my lashes looked dark and I could see some length beginning to curl upward. Although it was thin, I was excited because it was only a matter of time before the hairs at the lining grew longer.

At this point, I'd began to use lengthening mascaras. I was pleased. Still didn't look as amazing as lash extensions, but worked!

Eventually my lashes were long enough that I didn't feel the need for lash extensions. Which is great since I practically relied on them for years. I didn't want to do any damage to my new lashes.

Whenever I want to glam up, I do use strips. I found a technique for applying and removing them that doesn't pull at any of my lashes. Honestly, I think the strength of my new lashes from the latisse help me properly apply lash strips now. Back when they were weak and flimsy, the glue seemed to get onto my natural lashes making it easy for me to accidentally pull them out. Now, I feel like the glue hardly gets on my lashes at all. I'm sure my new technique is a factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if some credit can fairly go to my results from using Latisse.

I will always keep this stuff.
I use it about 4x per week, for about 6 weeks. Then take time off and start over. I really want to use it daily for 12 weeks to see what results I get, but I am forgetful of this product.

I also use it on my brows. No miracles, the results take longer than the lashes, but the hairs do get longer and I am happier with my natural brows than I have ever been. If they actually made my brow hairs thicker then it would be a miracle. I do not use an extra drop for my brows. I just use whatever is left over from the lashes.

Note: I use the applicators that come with latisse. I just cut half of the bristles off of the applicator first. I've had my bottle forever. I think it expires this month. So you know I've had it for a long time! I've been using it for about a year maybe 18months...can't remember exactly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 1:33:00 AM More reviews by shelbyfahey70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using Latisse and then careprost for about 2 years now and couldn't be happier with the results. Over the years, I've purchased from various stores and it wasn't until last summer that I found my latest store and they were the only ones that actually knew how it is supposed to be applied. Before, I was putting drops into the cap of the bottle and dipping the brush there and applying. This is a huge mistake and I was basically asking for an infection. Just like latisse, you have to avoid having the tip of the bottle touch anything. The second you double dip, its basically contaminated, and once you put the cap back on, you could potentially contaminate the entire bottle. I learned all this from inquiring almost everyday from crystal beauty 101 who was patient enough to give me all the specifics. They included the same eyelid brush that I used to get from Latisse, not an eyeliner brush which requires more drops as it doesn't spread out easily on the eyelid.

A bottle may last over 2 months but it loses its effectivity and can possibly be bad for the eyes. Once a bottle has been opened, it can't be used for such a long period of time as it may initiate infection.

Putting 3 or more coats of mascara can be a potential cause of fall out after cleaning your eyelashes. Gentle care is much needed to keep it from falling out. Wash it gently and one or two coats of mascara will do its magic.

In a nutshell, find a company who can communicate properly in regards to what they are selling to eliminate improper usage of the product which causes infection and contamination.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by crissyh0812

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a cosmetic critic and I study which product is good for skin type and so forth. When I came across Latisse, I just fell head over heels in love with the result of this product. However, price became an issue as a bottle last only 2 months. So I started googling a generic product. I found a few but Careprost is popularly used by everyone so I ordered and transitioned to the product in no time. That was 4 months ago, my lashes are still pretty amazing to this day. Didn't experience redness or irritation. I apply it every 2 days for maintenance. I get mine from crystalbeauty101, their customer service is very impressive, they get back to all my inquiries very quickly. They are located in u.s. which makes it easier to establish trust as far as using my credit card online. Plus I get my order within couple of days! Another thing, don't put the solution in the cap as it can contaminate the solution in the bottle. Apply a drop of Careprost directly to the brush and make sure you wash the brush before and after every use. Also, applying morning and evening doesn't expedite the results, so just apply it every night after washing the face and when it's free of any make up. I hope my review helps a little.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CSEW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Lumigan/Latisse for only 7 weeks and I'm actually stunned by the changes I've experienced. My lashes used to be medium/dark brown and now they're black. They used to be thin, that is I didn't have a thick lashline, but now they're much thicker. And using a magnifying mirror I can see more new lashes coming in. The difference in length is the most amazing part. My eyelashes are a good 75% longer! It used to be that without mascara they weren't that noticeable unless you were close to me. Now without mascara they are impossible NOT to notice, even from a distance. I've heard that it can take 16 weeks to see maximum growth. I really can't imagine what mine will look like in another 2 months if they continue growing at the rate they have been! I know not everyone will see the changes I've had in such a short time, but for me, this stuff is absolutely amazing!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't ever want to be without this product. Takes the full 3 months to really see the effect but once your lashes have grown you will be amazed. For reference, I'm Asian with really short, thin, sparse eyelashes.

Pros:
-lashes are at least twice as long after using for 3 months

Cons:
-I am experiencing one noticeable but negligible side effect; I feel a bit more pressure around the lash line for about an hour after applying. It's slight and I'm not worried but did want to mention
-lashes almost IMMEDIATELY go back to normal if you stop using. I ran out and I'm pretty sure my lashes were completely back to their anemic self after 2 to 3 weeks

Like others, I use a really thin eyeliner brush (I have several but the one I like the very best is a disposable one that Nordstrom has), place one drop into the cap well and apply to both eyes. I find one drop is more than enough for both upper eyelids and some around the ends of my eyebrows.

Others have mentioned darkening around the eyes so I make sure to NOT close my eyes when applying and really apply it only to my upper lash line. You'll get some on your lower lashes just through blinking.