October 30, 2014 | 1720 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by dermagirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It works! My lashes are longer, darker, and thicker. To get my results, I used only one drop for both eyes with one supplied applicator. I achieved noticeable results within four weeks and full results in eight.
I've read of people using an EYELINER brush instead of the supplied applicators and using one drop for both eyes. I suppose you can do that too, I'm just a hygiene freak so I open the supplied applicator container a bit and take one out, then apply a drop very carefully to my applicator
..( hold it sideways and get so close to it with the bottle of Latisse that you almost touch it and let the drop sort of saturate it that way)...
***I did try to do it with an eye liner brush but... It was really drippy..( so proof that there is alot of product left in the supplied brushes)..
I just use my supplied brush some nights on my brows to finish off if the brush still seems pretty wet.
Once you get the results you like you can scale back to every couple of nights with no issues, so the product has consistently lasted me much longer than what they say it will.
I would describe the way my lashes look as kind of like high end extensions, just very pretty, long and thick(not like giraffe lashes like some extensions I see around)
The con for me is this: It does kind of irritate my lash lines on the nights I use it.
You may find that you are definitely reddened above the lash line after using this. After a few days of not using it the redness dissapates....I think after long term use there is definitely a possibility of darkening of the skin along the lash line. I haven't used it long enough or consistently enough to say this definitively however.
I think that would be the only reason I would maybe not maintain this.
Hope this helps anyone on the fence about using!!!
Oh and ps:
I still use mascara, cant imagine not... So it hasn't eliminated the need for that!!
Mascara just makes them look beautiful and finished..

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by shesUNIQUE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Careprost now for four weeks and have been documenting my results on my blogger account. I want to upload my latest pictures here but still haven't figured out how to do that, however, anyone wanting to view my results can check out my blog called careprostgirl.

Does Careprost work? Yes! It works and I have only been using it for four weeks now and honestly I missed a few days within this time so it really amazes me to have the results that I got. I think its amazing that there is a product like this that we can use to achieve a desired length of our eyelashes. I think Latisse sounds great, but I believe it is the same thing as Careprost and offers the same amazing results but at a much more expensive cost, so I see no problem with going the more economical route and purchasing Careprost. For those who have used Latisse as well as Careprost and have anything to say about the differences of the two, please let us know. I would love to know your first hand experience as I did think about purchasing Latisse at first, but now I am very much satisfied with Careprost.

I plan to continue using Careprost every night before bed (consistently this time, I hope) for the next 8 weeks. I will be documenting my experiences and posting pictures every 4 weeks.

P.S. I will try to add my pictures to my profile if I figure it out, so keep a look out there too!

EDIT: I finally uploaded pictures:

The pictures are all ME and show my 4-week progress. I will post one below showing my Day 1.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/8/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by krystinabp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased a generic bottle of this through a group order and the price was less than $20. It came sealed and with an expiration date. I applied it extremely sparingly every other night for a few weeks along my upper lash line. Unfortunately I couldn't keep using it. It caused extreme redness, peeling and irritation where I applied it. The skin around my eye began to turn red at the outer corner and my eyes were unbearably itchy.

It also caused a brown speck of pigmentation on my iris which has never gone away. I suspect this may be due to the presence of brown and amber melanin deposits that green-eyed people have to begin with.

I do have sensitive eyes; they are light green and even my optometrist mentioned to me that people with green eyes seem to have the most sensitive eyes out there. My friend who also has green eyes used Latisse purchased within Canada and ran into the same problem. I know this is just anecdotal but I would caution ANYONE WITH GREEN EYES PLEASE BE CAREFUL using this. Unfortunately the redness around my eyes took about three months to completely fade.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by LaBoheme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After decades of looking for an HG mascara, I realized that even the best could only do so much with my extremely short lashes. Especially post-menopausally, they were also starting thin out. The Latisse helps keep lashes from falling out prematurely and though I've only been using it (religiously) for seven weeks, I am very pleased with the results. The other night I kept rinsing my eyes, trying to wash off the mascara when I realized they were my naked lashes, a third longer than they have ever been!

It works very slowly but it does work. Obtaining it was very easy. My friend referred me to her dermatologist. I filled out a medical history form and met with a nurse practitioner for half an hour, at no charge, if I bought the product from their office. It was $120 (discount of about $4 since the company gives the doctor a price break) for a teeny little bottle in a very big box. The NP recommended that I use my eyeliner brush, put one drop in the cap of the bottle and dip the brush. That is enough for both eyes and a run through my thinning eyebrows, too. The side effect of darkening of the iris, she said, only happens to people who use the product for glaucoma and actually put drops in their eyes. My eyes are dark brown anyway, so not an issue. The darkening of the lid line hasn't happened to me, but the NP said her patients who experience this like the eyeliner effect.

As I said, it's over packaged. It comes with brushes that waste the product and do not place a thin line. And it is pricey, but I've spent more than three times that much over time on mascaras that don't do much for me. I can't wait to see full results at 16 weeks and I plan to use this for the rest of my life. Side note: The NP said that after 12 to 16 weeks I can start using it every other day or so, making the cost that much less.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by CarlaHaas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is fabulous! My lashes look great! I still have to use mascara, of course, but when I dont have it on my lashes show up for a change. I have light brown, fine lashes and you can finally see them. The change isnt incredibly dramatic but i love this stuff, its as good as its going to get for my lashes. of course it costs a fortune, i just use one drop a night and split it between both eyes so at least i get 2 months worth with one purchase. great stuff.
FOR ONLY $25 ON SALE NOW GIRLS

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is available via prescription from a dermatologist. It is expensive, but it works....really well! The only reason I don't use this product anymore is because there is a side effect where it can turn blue or green eyes brown. To me, this is not worth the risk of losing my green eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CocoaSkinChi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

About 3 years ago I began getting mink lash extensions and every 3-4 weeks, I got a refill. Eventually I stopped getting them to save money and notices that my lashes were really really sparse. Began wearing strips and didn't like them because I felt like they were pulling out more lashes. I didn't want bald spots yet couldn't live without lashes, so eventually I went to a different lash lady while taking hair and nail vitamins. After a few months of going to her, she got them to grow back. I guess her technique was safer which makes sense the same way some hairstylists are better with installing and removing hair extensions than others. Sadly my new lash lady relocated. At this point i was aware that going to another lash lady could damage my lashes so I was really sad. She recommended that I try latisse and another lady that is good with lashes... but I never made it to the new lady because Latisse grew my lashes out so much!

Initially, I noticed small hairs growing in and my lashes didn't feel so flimsy and thin. I actually felt some resistance when I touched them!

Weeks later, the lining of my lashes looked dark and I could see some length beginning to curl upward. Although it was thin, I was excited because it was only a matter of time before the hairs at the lining grew longer.

At this point, I'd began to use lengthening mascaras. I was pleased. Still didn't look as amazing as lash extensions, but worked!

Eventually my lashes were long enough that I didn't feel the need for lash extensions. Which is great since I practically relied on them for years. I didn't want to do any damage to my new lashes.

Whenever I want to glam up, I do use strips. I found a technique for applying and removing them that doesn't pull at any of my lashes. Honestly, I think the strength of my new lashes from the latisse help me properly apply lash strips now. Back when they were weak and flimsy, the glue seemed to get onto my natural lashes making it easy for me to accidentally pull them out. Now, I feel like the glue hardly gets on my lashes at all. I'm sure my new technique is a factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if some credit can fairly go to my results from using Latisse.

I will always keep this stuff.
I use it about 4x per week, for about 6 weeks. Then take time off and start over. I really want to use it daily for 12 weeks to see what results I get, but I am forgetful of this product.

I also use it on my brows. No miracles, the results take longer than the lashes, but the hairs do get longer and I am happier with my natural brows than I have ever been. If they actually made my brow hairs thicker then it would be a miracle. I do not use an extra drop for my brows. I just use whatever is left over from the lashes.

Note: I use the applicators that come with latisse. I just cut half of the bristles off of the applicator first. I've had my bottle forever. I think it expires this month. So you know I've had it for a long time! I've been using it for about a year maybe 18months...can't remember exactly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CSEW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Lumigan/Latisse for only 7 weeks and I'm actually stunned by the changes I've experienced. My lashes used to be medium/dark brown and now they're black. They used to be thin, that is I didn't have a thick lashline, but now they're much thicker. And using a magnifying mirror I can see more new lashes coming in. The difference in length is the most amazing part. My eyelashes are a good 75% longer! It used to be that without mascara they weren't that noticeable unless you were close to me. Now without mascara they are impossible NOT to notice, even from a distance. I've heard that it can take 16 weeks to see maximum growth. I really can't imagine what mine will look like in another 2 months if they continue growing at the rate they have been! I know not everyone will see the changes I've had in such a short time, but for me, this stuff is absolutely amazing!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't ever want to be without this product. Takes the full 3 months to really see the effect but once your lashes have grown you will be amazed. For reference, I'm Asian with really short, thin, sparse eyelashes.

Pros:
-lashes are at least twice as long after using for 3 months

Cons:
-I am experiencing one noticeable but negligible side effect; I feel a bit more pressure around the lash line for about an hour after applying. It's slight and I'm not worried but did want to mention
-lashes almost IMMEDIATELY go back to normal if you stop using. I ran out and I'm pretty sure my lashes were completely back to their anemic self after 2 to 3 weeks

Like others, I use a really thin eyeliner brush (I have several but the one I like the very best is a disposable one that Nordstrom has), place one drop into the cap well and apply to both eyes. I find one drop is more than enough for both upper eyelids and some around the ends of my eyebrows.

Others have mentioned darkening around the eyes so I make sure to NOT close my eyes when applying and really apply it only to my upper lash line. You'll get some on your lower lashes just through blinking.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

My Mother & I haved used Latisse off & on for the past few years. It absolutely works to lengthen, thicken & darken your lashes. The best advice I have is to toss those junky, rough brushes included in the package and use a small eyeliner brush. Be sure to thoroughly clean it after each use & you will save so much product & it will last much longer. Although Latisse is not FDA approved for brows, I have successfully used it to fill in a sparse area that I'd always had. There are a few bothersome effects of Latisse, but they are not bad enough to justify I stop using it. The eyelid area where the serum is applied does take on a sort of dark pinkish color. This gradually disappears when you stop using Latisse. I personally have these little white baby hairs that now grow in the corners of my eyes. They do irritate my eyes so I have to pluck them, yes it hurts like crap because you're not used to plucking there. Latisse says to not use the serum on the lower lashes, but don't worry ladies because the serum will work it's way to the lower lash when you close the eye. The lower lashes may actually get too long & need to be trimmed because they can irritate your eyes. The biggest side-effect my optologist warned me about was the possibility of iris darkening. My eyes are naturally this strange green/blue/gray with a yellow ring around the pupil. She said people like me (with eye colors on the cusp of others) are most succeptable to a color change. My eyes have not changed, I try my best not to get the serum in them but it happens sometimes. My eye doctor did say she has never had any of her patients experience a change in iris color. I wish Latisse wasn't so expensive, I've paid anywhere from $90 to $140 for a bottle. By switching to a small eyeliner brush I can get one bottle to last about 3 months.