October 1, 2014 | 1739 users online

Lash Treatments - Latisse Lash Growth Drops

Approved Use: LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:02:00 PM More reviews by LaBoheme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After decades of looking for an HG mascara, I realized that even the best could only do so much with my extremely short lashes. Especially post-menopausally, they were also starting thin out. The Latisse helps keep lashes from falling out prematurely and though I've only been using it (religiously) for seven weeks, I am very pleased with the results. The other night I kept rinsing my eyes, trying to wash off the mascara when I realized they were my naked lashes, a third longer than they have ever been!

It works very slowly but it does work. Obtaining it was very easy. My friend referred me to her dermatologist. I filled out a medical history form and met with a nurse practitioner for half an hour, at no charge, if I bought the product from their office. It was $120 (discount of about $4 since the company gives the doctor a price break) for a teeny little bottle in a very big box. The NP recommended that I use my eyeliner brush, put one drop in the cap of the bottle and dip the brush. That is enough for both eyes and a run through my thinning eyebrows, too. The side effect of darkening of the iris, she said, only happens to people who use the product for glaucoma and actually put drops in their eyes. My eyes are dark brown anyway, so not an issue. The darkening of the lid line hasn't happened to me, but the NP said her patients who experience this like the eyeliner effect.

As I said, it's over packaged. It comes with brushes that waste the product and do not place a thin line. And it is pricey, but I've spent more than three times that much over time on mascaras that don't do much for me. I can't wait to see full results at 16 weeks and I plan to use this for the rest of my life. Side note: The NP said that after 12 to 16 weeks I can start using it every other day or so, making the cost that much less.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by CarlaHaas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is fabulous! My lashes look great! I still have to use mascara, of course, but when I dont have it on my lashes show up for a change. I have light brown, fine lashes and you can finally see them. The change isnt incredibly dramatic but i love this stuff, its as good as its going to get for my lashes. of course it costs a fortune, i just use one drop a night and split it between both eyes so at least i get 2 months worth with one purchase. great stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 3:40:00 PM More reviews by MeganRodewald

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is available via prescription from a dermatologist. It is expensive, but it works....really well! The only reason I don't use this product anymore is because there is a side effect where it can turn blue or green eyes brown. To me, this is not worth the risk of losing my green eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CocoaSkinChi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

About 3 years ago I began getting mink lash extensions and every 3-4 weeks, I got a refill. Eventually I stopped getting them to save money and notices that my lashes were really really sparse. Began wearing strips and didn't like them because I felt like they were pulling out more lashes. I didn't want bald spots yet couldn't live without lashes, so eventually I went to a different lash lady while taking hair and nail vitamins. After a few months of going to her, she got them to grow back. I guess her technique was safer which makes sense the same way some hairstylists are better with installing and removing hair extensions than others. Sadly my new lash lady relocated. At this point i was aware that going to another lash lady could damage my lashes so I was really sad. She recommended that I try latisse and another lady that is good with lashes... but I never made it to the new lady because Latisse grew my lashes out so much!

Initially, I noticed small hairs growing in and my lashes didn't feel so flimsy and thin. I actually felt some resistance when I touched them!

Weeks later, the lining of my lashes looked dark and I could see some length beginning to curl upward. Although it was thin, I was excited because it was only a matter of time before the hairs at the lining grew longer.

At this point, I'd began to use lengthening mascaras. I was pleased. Still didn't look as amazing as lash extensions, but worked!

Eventually my lashes were long enough that I didn't feel the need for lash extensions. Which is great since I practically relied on them for years. I didn't want to do any damage to my new lashes.

Whenever I want to glam up, I do use strips. I found a technique for applying and removing them that doesn't pull at any of my lashes. Honestly, I think the strength of my new lashes from the latisse help me properly apply lash strips now. Back when they were weak and flimsy, the glue seemed to get onto my natural lashes making it easy for me to accidentally pull them out. Now, I feel like the glue hardly gets on my lashes at all. I'm sure my new technique is a factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if some credit can fairly go to my results from using Latisse.

I will always keep this stuff.
I use it about 4x per week, for about 6 weeks. Then take time off and start over. I really want to use it daily for 12 weeks to see what results I get, but I am forgetful of this product.

I also use it on my brows. No miracles, the results take longer than the lashes, but the hairs do get longer and I am happier with my natural brows than I have ever been. If they actually made my brow hairs thicker then it would be a miracle. I do not use an extra drop for my brows. I just use whatever is left over from the lashes.

Note: I use the applicators that come with latisse. I just cut half of the bristles off of the applicator first. I've had my bottle forever. I think it expires this month. So you know I've had it for a long time! I've been using it for about a year maybe 18months...can't remember exactly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by CSEW

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've used Lumigan/Latisse for only 7 weeks and I'm actually stunned by the changes I've experienced. My lashes used to be medium/dark brown and now they're black. They used to be thin, that is I didn't have a thick lashline, but now they're much thicker. And using a magnifying mirror I can see more new lashes coming in. The difference in length is the most amazing part. My eyelashes are a good 75% longer! It used to be that without mascara they weren't that noticeable unless you were close to me. Now without mascara they are impossible NOT to notice, even from a distance. I've heard that it can take 16 weeks to see maximum growth. I really can't imagine what mine will look like in another 2 months if they continue growing at the rate they have been! I know not everyone will see the changes I've had in such a short time, but for me, this stuff is absolutely amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:46:00 AM More reviews by skim6926

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't ever want to be without this product. Takes the full 3 months to really see the effect but once your lashes have grown you will be amazed. For reference, I'm Asian with really short, thin, sparse eyelashes.

Pros:
-lashes are at least twice as long after using for 3 months

Cons:
-I am experiencing one noticeable but negligible side effect; I feel a bit more pressure around the lash line for about an hour after applying. It's slight and I'm not worried but did want to mention
-lashes almost IMMEDIATELY go back to normal if you stop using. I ran out and I'm pretty sure my lashes were completely back to their anemic self after 2 to 3 weeks

Like others, I use a really thin eyeliner brush (I have several but the one I like the very best is a disposable one that Nordstrom has), place one drop into the cap well and apply to both eyes. I find one drop is more than enough for both upper eyelids and some around the ends of my eyebrows.

Others have mentioned darkening around the eyes so I make sure to NOT close my eyes when applying and really apply it only to my upper lash line. You'll get some on your lower lashes just through blinking.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

My Mother & I haved used Latisse off & on for the past few years. It absolutely works to lengthen, thicken & darken your lashes. The best advice I have is to toss those junky, rough brushes included in the package and use a small eyeliner brush. Be sure to thoroughly clean it after each use & you will save so much product & it will last much longer. Although Latisse is not FDA approved for brows, I have successfully used it to fill in a sparse area that I'd always had. There are a few bothersome effects of Latisse, but they are not bad enough to justify I stop using it. The eyelid area where the serum is applied does take on a sort of dark pinkish color. This gradually disappears when you stop using Latisse. I personally have these little white baby hairs that now grow in the corners of my eyes. They do irritate my eyes so I have to pluck them, yes it hurts like crap because you're not used to plucking there. Latisse says to not use the serum on the lower lashes, but don't worry ladies because the serum will work it's way to the lower lash when you close the eye. The lower lashes may actually get too long & need to be trimmed because they can irritate your eyes. The biggest side-effect my optologist warned me about was the possibility of iris darkening. My eyes are naturally this strange green/blue/gray with a yellow ring around the pupil. She said people like me (with eye colors on the cusp of others) are most succeptable to a color change. My eyes have not changed, I try my best not to get the serum in them but it happens sometimes. My eye doctor did say she has never had any of her patients experience a change in iris color. I wish Latisse wasn't so expensive, I've paid anywhere from $90 to $140 for a bottle. By switching to a small eyeliner brush I can get one bottle to last about 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by PurplePuppy

I've been using Latisse for almost 2 years. I am not going to repurchase it anymore. My lashes are quite a bit longer, but I actually feel like they are thinner and lighter! When I started using Latisse people would comment on my lashes because they were so dark and thick, but they were short! Now I don't get any comments on my lashes, like I said, they are long, but they are very light in color. I wanted Latisse so I could stop using mascara, but it didn't really work out perfectly for me. Plus, the side effects are getting annoying. At first the dryness and itching didn't bother me much. Well, the itching stopped mostly but the dryness persists! I also feel like there is more pressure on/in my eyeballs, it is a weird feeling and that is the true reason that I'm not going to continue with Latisse. Increased ocular pressure can be a side effect, I'm not sure if that's what I'm feeling, but it freaks me out way too much.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is a review for LATISSE not the generic. I have been using it for a little longer than a month. There has been some growth but definitely not as much as I expected. I use it pretty consistently. There have been a few nights I forgot to use it but I don't know if it would even make a difference. I have blue eyes and there has been no change to my eye color. No darkening on the eyelid either. My eyes have been drier than usual but nothing too bad. I use an eyeliner brush to apply like most people mentioned. I wouldn't purchase this again. I will just wear false lashes when I go out because the effects are not that dramatic for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:12:00 AM More reviews by vivapandora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so I've only been using Careprost (generic same as latisse) for 3.5 weeks, but lashes definitely got thicker and darker after about 2 weeks. Periodic itching first week or two, but it went away.
Can't tell if lashes are getting longer, but they look pretty good with mascara. I will update as I've used it longer.